Code of Conduct

Default New: Hardy Amies Eau de Parfum.

From WWD.

Hardy Amies Sets Eau de Parfum
    LONDON — Hardy Amies, the couture and ready-to-wear fashion house, is harking back to the days of haute parfumerie with Eau de Parfum, a fragrance meant to embody its Savile Row style.

"It's like an olfactory fingerprint of myself and the profile of the Hardy Amies woman," said Ian Garlant, creative director, referring to Hardy Amies Eau de Parfum. "[With Hardy Amies,] you know the clothes have been made for you, though it's not immediately obvious. [Similarly,] there's nothing immediately obvious about this perfume. It's not going to hit you from the other side of the room."

Like bespoke clothing, the Amies scent is meant to adapt to its wearer. "I was interested in creating a perfume that is in some respects classic and old fashioned in that it's mutable, it changes," said Garlant. "I like fragrances to smell different on different people."

"I wanted to make a perfume that's very sophisticated, very, very tailored and soigné — a scent that reveals itself as something rude," said perfumer Roja Dove, adding he was inspired by the fact that women wearing couture are told not to wear underwear, since the outfit's perfect fit makes it unnecessary. To reflect that "rudeness" — or sexiness — Dove added jasmine notes to the formula.

The chypre juice also includes notes of petitgrain, clary sage, ylang extra from Comeres, patchouli, lemon oil, chamomile, bergamot and myrrh, as well as absolutes of foin, tabac and rose.

The eau de parfum is packaged in a classic square pour bottle emblazoned with the Hardy Amies logo. The flacon is topped with a glass cap, which is secured with a leather chord.

An initial run of about 500 bottles will be produced and sold in the Hardy Amies flagship here, as well as in Space NK doors. A 50-ml. bottle goes for 125 pounds, or $221 at current exchange.

An advertising campaign may be in the works for a later date.
    — Brid Costello

Default Re: New: Hardy Amies Eau de Parfum.

Thanks for the info, Hardy Amies has a huge presence on Saville Row...
    Let your nose be your pilot

Hardy Amies was the couturier of the Queen of England, no?

Edit: Just saw that the perfume is already featured on the Hardy Amies website...
    http://www.hardyamies.com/fragrance.html

It is featured in the Winter 05 catalogue by SpaceNK. No idea if my local branch will stock it.
    DONNA