Code of Conduct

Default Wearing a scent for more than one day

I've been wearing Mitsouko (EdP and parfum) since Saturday night and when I just took a casual sniff of the crook of my elbow (you all sniff yourselves, too, so stop rolling your eyes right now!) I couldn't believe my nose and had to sniff again because I smelled vetiver, the most gorgeous murky green vetiver! Mindblowing vetiver! Had to check the notes for Mitsouko again and yes indeed, there it is: vetiver in the basenotes.

Every now and then when you have a chance to do it, try this: wear the same scent for several days in a row, without taking a shower. This might sound scary but it does NOT mean that you couldn't take care of your hygiene, just don't take an overall scrub. Let the scent "ripen" on your skin. It really pays off because the scent opens up to you even more and you'll find new aspects about it.

I must say Mitsouko has never before smelled this good!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: Wearing a scent for more than one day

Oh wow, I must say I am soo jealous! I swear, if I didn't break out in a rash, I'd never wash again!!!
    Mitsouko has got to be the most wonderful scent in the world. There are not enough words to describe it!
    Ah tigrushka, if I could only be near enough to you to take long, deep breaths!!!

I have to wash my hair every day, so the no shower thing wouldn't be a good idea. But, I do wear the same scent every day. I'm one of the few who have only one bottle of perfume. (Did I just hear a gasp?) La Chasse Aux Papillons. I sample lots of stuff but only want to wear one. I'm looking for something similar that will last a bit longer though. Did get a nice comliment on my perfume the other day(but I had just applied it about 15 min. before).

No wonder Mitsouko is the most revered Guerlain as far as composition and balance. It never ceases to have new dementions. I honestly believe that the parfum in the Guerlain's is truly the way to go. I have not however procured any for myself as yet. ONE day I will. I just know that the body cream is wonderful. I also have a little cloth holder with a tiny Mitsouko soap in it. It's so beautiful that I put it on my end table. I didn't even know that it was Mitsouko until I was told that's what it was. It is so divine I cannot even tell you. The soaps are georgeous. I must own the parfum one day.

Must add that I strictly limit these experiments to weekends, my days off and holidays, I always shower before going to work.

But like I said, if you have a chance to do it and the idea doesn't sound too scary, try it! You'll get so much more out of the scent and the way it reacts to your skin and your own smell. It's really fascinating.

Ladylonestar

I'll give this a try when the weather cools off. Right now, with this intense heat, might be the best time to try this but it's just too hot to not shower. I think I'd like to walk around with a shower attached to me. Anyway... can't wait to give it a try though. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylonestar
    I'll give this a try when the weather cools off. Right now, with this intense heat, might be the best time to try this but it's just too hot to not shower. I think I'd like to walk around with a shower attached to me.
    [smiley=grin.gif]

Oh yes, in summer (and summer-like temperature) it would definitely not be a good idea... [smiley=wink.gif]
    When it's +20 C or more I need to shower in the morning, after work and if the weather is really hot, also right before going to bed to cool off.

Hmm, I had never noticed it before, but I have Mitsouko on right now, and now that you mention it, I do sort of smell vetiver. Very interesting . . . I want to try this as well! I normally feel very uncomfortable if I go more than 24 hours without a shower. Yikes. But maybe when it gets colder. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mitsouko is indeed exquisite.

I actually do wear things on a row , especially in winter and fall. (Opium and Mitsouko are favs).
    It starts to get fickle when the weather warms up because it is so not appropriate for most of my beloved ones [smiley=angry.gif]

Ooppps.......I didn't mean I go without showering , though.
    I mean I reaaply the same thing again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneFish
    Hmm, I had never noticed it before, but I have Mitsouko on right now, and now that you mention it, I do sort of smell vetiver. Very interesting . . . I want to try this as well! I normally feel very uncomfortable if I go more than 24 hours without a shower. Yikes. But maybe when it gets colder. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    It does sound scary, eh? But like I said: not taking a shower does not mean that you can't wash at all. [smiley=wink.gif] Besides, getting closer to and getting more out of the scent is worth the trouble. [smiley=smiley.gif]

I love when I sample Lea, the next day I can smell it on my blankets or pillows. I'll be sniffing around wondering where that nice scent is coming from before I recognize it. I think deeper scents or anything with musk age better the longer you wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by makemepretty
    I think deeper scents or anything with musk age better the longer you wear it.
    I agree! The best part of many scents is that ultimate, final drydown. For example Coco has one of the most gorgeous drydowns I know, it's almost unbelievably good the morning after.

Well, I've read that all our pheromones are washed down the drain every day, so I'd be curious to know if this had something to do with the delicious, ripened wafts of a perfume on skin that's not overly washed. There are times when the weather is warm when my skin won't be sweaty, but misty, and my perfume seems to take on a life of its own into something quite different than usual. I've also found that applying an unscented body cream about an hour before applying my daily scent seems to make it blend and bloom, too.
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West

Ah, the whore's bath technique: only wash the essentials, leave the rest alone and let your frag do its thing with your skin. Great on weekends. 8-)

I am astonished with Must drydown in the morning ( I used to wear it as a night scent - just a drop of pure perfume). Wonderful, I never have enough of it , always sniffing my wrists in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by FufuLaRue
    Well, I've read that all our pheromones are washed down the drain every day, so I'd be curious to know if this had something to do with the delicious, ripened wafts of a perfume on skin that's not overly washed. There are times when the weather is warm when my skin won't be sweaty, but misty, and my perfume seems to take on a life of its own into something quite different than usual.
    Fufu, loved this: "pheromones washed down the drain " [smiley=tekst-toppie.gif]