Code of Conduct

Default Aromatics Elixir Limited Edition

I originally posted this on POL, but no-one had heard about it there. Anyone heard about or tried this? Is it just a different bottle or is it a different version of AE?

My original post to POL:

"I got my latest issue of Vanity Fair, and in it was an ad/scent strip for an AE Limited Edition. The bottle in the ad was black or dark brown. The scent (from the strip) seemed to have have had the top notes "fruitified" or otherwise changed in some way, but the other notes (from sniffing my fingers afterwards) seemed mostly identical to the original.

Anyone else seen or tried this? Couldn't find any information online (the computer at work where I am is running VERY slow...). "

Default Re: Aromatics Elixir Limited Edition

OMG! I want to smell that right NOW!

So do I! I am really curious to see if it really does have different top notes (as it seemed to from the scent strip), or is a "lighter version" or whatever. I'm going to try and hit a few Clinique counters this weekend and see if I can sniff it. I'm taking the ad along to convince the disbelieving SAs I will no doubt encounter that I am not just making it up!

So do I if I don't have to hang my head out the car window to breath! (Sound familiar LL?)

There is an mini article about a AE limited edtion in the french Marie Claire. Clinique made a mat golden bottle to celebrate the 35 years of AE, but it's the same scent.

Are we talking about the same thing?

Ladylonestar

I don't subscribe to Vanity Fair so I was all over my area last evening and again this morning trying to find a Vanity Fair. I can't believe that not one single grocery story, convenience store, or pharmacy had a Vanity Fair magazine! I see them all the time! [smiley=angry.gif] [smiley=angry.gif]

So... this is more likely a limited edition bottle rather than a limited edition Aromatics Elixir fragrance then, right?

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by cedriceccentric
    There is an mini article about a AE limited edtion in the french Marie Claire. Clinique made a mat golden bottle to celebrate the 35 years of AE, but it's the same scent.
    I saw this on counter today but the SA said it's the same original Aromatics Elixir juice in limited edition golden bottle. She said she had no word of any other AE versions. Has anyone else found out anything?

AE with the golden bottle is now available at Gloss.com

link: http://www.gloss.com/clq/index.jsp?n-state=http://www.clinique.com/templates/products/multiproduct.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID%3dCATEGORY9420~~shop ping-cart-location!www.gloss.com~G!00810E672513!Sh8A6k4NYYzi ~~ws-nocache

But how is Aromatics Elixir?

I've only seen the Ltd gold bottle. Smelled a little softer to me!

I spotted this on saturday in my local department store. Far as I could tell it is just the bottle which is different.

It is the parfum version not the edt.
    DONNA