Code of Conduct

Default Ralph Lauren Pure Turquoise

I saw this online yesterday at Saks. They said is Ralph laurens newest scent. The bottle is cool looking and the notes sound very interesting. Has anyone tried it?
    Awesomeguy

Default Re: Ralph Lauren Pure Turquoise

Tried some on today at NM. It was awful! Nothing unique or special about it. I could not detect anything of patchouli or other intriguing notes it's supposed to have. From the first spray on, it was all planty floral.. the lily? Just like so many other female fragrances.

Ladylonestar

As I said on another Pure Turquoise thread, I haven't sampled the "real deal" but I did sniff the scented strip in the October Vanity Fair. *It smelled good enough to get my interest and I plan to sample it as soon as possible. *I do not, however, plan to spend $350 on the parfum. *With the exception of Obsession and Lauren, I'm not normally interested in anything by Ralph Lauren, but the WWD article that Cedric provided calls Pure Turquoise a floral chypre, and whenever I see "chypre" I'm most definitely interested. *

Edited:
    With the exception of Obsession and Lauren, I'm not normally interested in anything by Ralph Lauren...
    Hello? Anybody catch that? [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif]

One of my recent favorites has been RL's Blue. Haven't seen any reviews here. It's a very light, casual, sweet and clean fragrance. The one complaint could be it's lack of staying power. It's just light and sweet and I would say, shy. Pure Turqoise is nothing like this.

I still prefer Blue, even though I've moved on to other scents to make a bolder statement. This one, however, isn't what I was looking for.

Turquoise is just too generic and common to make any sort of statement for me.