Code of Conduct

Default Hypn˘se pre-launch website (+ review).

I feel that Hypnose is going to have a huge launch (Lanc˘me needs a hit after Attraction's disappointing sales). Lanc˘me is even putting a pre-launch website online. It's on Lanc˘me's french website. Not much to see yet except for the notes, design of the bottle (the image looks almost in 3D) and a printable invitation to get a sample (valid at french counters only).
    Check it out: http://www.lancome.fr

And Sagamore seems to be part of "La Collection" aswell, though in the USA only Magie, Sikkim and Climat are available.
    Check out Ireland's Lanc˘me website:
    http://www.lancome.ie/_en/_ie/catalog/product1.aspx?prdcode=089023&categorycode=AXEF ragrance^F1_lacollection^F2_eauxcollection&vna me=name&

Default Re: Lanc˘me's new Hypnose pre-launch website.

I sampled Hypn˘se...

When I read about the olfactory pyramid of Lanc˘me's latest I was very curious. They were raving about this new vanilla/vetiver accord created by Annick MENARDO.
    Unfortunately it's the other part of the fragrance that dominates, the fruity floral part build upon the passionfruit flower. Reminding me a bit of a digested version of MPG's Fraţche Passiflore. Maybe I didn't give Hyn˘se enough time to get into the drydown but I couldn't really detect the vetiver/vanilla notes. Lanc˘me discribes Hypn˘se as a "solar" perfume, so is Poŕme. IMHO Poŕme is a much better perfume than this boring Hypn˘se.

Ladylonestar

Default Re: Hypn˘se pre-launch website (+ review).

Oh, heck. I was definitely looking forward to Hypnose the fragrance. Oh, well... "La Collection" is what I want anyway, plus I have my heart set on Youth Dew Amber Nude!

By the way, how is "solar" perfume defined, or what exactly is it?

Hypn˘se sounded interesting to me mainly because of that vetiver-vanilla note, sad to hear it sounded better than it was. [smiley=sad.gif]

But I will sniff this one, anyway. The bottle is beautiful and I like the name despite it being named after the latest Lanc˘me mascara... [smiley=wink.gif]
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darŘber muss man schreiben."

With "solar"(sunny) they meen something warm and bright. You could say it's a semi-oriental. Estee Lauder's Intuition is also solar. [smiley=wink.gif]

About the Hypn˘se vetiver/vanilla accord... Lanc˘me already did the trick of a great accord in the past. Remember Attraction's iris/patchouli accord that seemed so exciting but that you didn't smell in the final product. Just the same the same trick with Hypn˘se..

Can't wait to sample this one. I agree that Lancome needs a winner....I must add that I am a fan of Attraction and was wanting Lancome to do a Men's version. Will not happen....I Know....
    Gary

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by cedriceccentric
    With "solar"(sunny) they meen something warm and bright. You could say it's a semi-oriental. Estee Lauder's Intuition is also solar. [smiley=wink.gif]
    Oh, I didn't know that. I knew that Intuition was called a luminous oriental but I had no idea that was the same as a solar perfume.