Code of Conduct

Default Baby Phat Goddess

Don't know how long it's been in stores around the country, but finally got a chance to try this today and I have to say....yikes.

When I first saw it a few days ago, I thought it looked like the bottles of Britney Spears' Curious and JLo's (pick fragrance here) had a baby perfume, only in pink. Pink, pink, I detest the color and just overall the bottle looks rather...cheap to me. Odd juxtaposition to the ad compaign I've seen for it, which shows Russel Simmons' wife in white fur and diamonds.

Anyways, who cares about the bottle, right? (I do, but that's not all that makes a fragrance) After seeing the bottle for the past few days I kept expecting it to be a Curious knock-off, or some uber sweet, hip, young scent. Boy, was I wrong. One spray, and I was knocked off my feet with a massive floral attack. I could imagine this as a good room freshener, or as a potpourri replacement. There really was no way for me to distinguish any particular flower from the bunch, it was if the designer of the scent just put a bunch of different floral scents into a big jug with some water and then stirred.

In other words, if you really like florals, this just might be for you. It's not bad, per se, but certainly not what I like at all, and not what I personally was expecting. You have been forewarned.
    The pursuit of philosophy is the hope that there is more to life than we realize. By philosophy, however, we come to realize that in fact there is less to life than previously imagined.

Default Re: Baby Phat Goddess

I don't want to offend anyone here since I am a guy on the girls fragrance board.
    I'm sorry ladies....this is just Eau de Cheap. 1st thing I said was this looked like a pink version of Britney's scent. Did not even sample....my wife would laugh if I brought something home like this. Sorry....not for my wife....she deserves better.
    Gary

This is one I definitely won't try! In a way, I'm not surprised that Baby Phat Goddess = a cheap scent in tacky packaging. I'm sure that Kimora doesn't wear it. Oh well. Another "celebrity" who will never get any of my money!

Well, I have nothing to say about Baby Phat Goddess, but while we are on the subject, I came to owning about 15 ml (1/2 oz) of Curious in the original tester bottle (no cap) that I will pass on to someone who will use it or not familiar with it. Like Julian (IPaid) I will take pocket lint (or virtually anything) in return. My apologies if it goes in the swap section of the forum.

Ladylonestar

Well... from what I've read about her (which isn't a great deal), she is, by her own proclamation, larger than life. Perhaps she wanted a strong, powerful (she seems to like that word), larger-than-life fragrance. Looking at the published notes -- Gardenia, White Rosebuds, Cedrat Flower, Blue Lily, Hyacinth, Black Pepper, Seringa, Musk, Exotic Woods -- there's a lot of flower power in it, that's for sure.

Does anyone know anything about "cedrat flower"?

Hi Y'all! *I'm just about to buy a sample of this off eBay, I haven't seen it around. *Sounds like this should have been what FLowerbomb was not.
    :O)
    Victoria

I just don´t get the name.. in my head it says: "Fat Baby Goddess" or Baby Fat.. how do you pronounce it?

I have looked around on the net and Cedrat is Citron. I assume this is a sweet, light citrus similar to lemon, just like the Guerlain Fleurs de Cedrat.

lillie my, Baby Phat is a brand. They make those anti-cellulite workout shoes for one.

I tried this recenlty and echo what everyone else has said .. unimpressed. Plus I have to say I think Kimora Lee Simmons is probably THE most pretentious person on the planet. There was a profile about her in Vanity Fair a few months ago and I could not believe the things that were coming out of her mouth. Like its spokesperson, this fragrance lacks class, taste, and dignity.

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by Gewisse / Scentous
    I have looked around on the net and Cedrat is Citron. *I assume this is a sweet, light citrus similar to lemon, just like the Guerlain Fleurs de Cedrat. *
    Oh, I see. Thanks, Scentous! I went to The Good Scents Company and the odor description is fresh-citrus-lemon but I wasn't sure if that meant the flower or the fruit. I felt like they would produce two different aromas but have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by lille_my
    I just don´t get the name.. in my head it says: "Fat Baby Goddess" or Baby Fat.. how do you pronounce it?
    I pronounce it "fat". I thought it was the "hip" spelling for fat. Here are some links for you, Lille My:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...41kimora1.html
    http://www.kimoraleesimmons.com/
    http://www.askmen.com/women/models_2...e_simmons.html
    http://www.phatfarm.com/index2.php
    http://www.babyphat.com/aboutus.php?dept=aboutus

Be sure to check out her quote at the askmen.com website: "I want to be like a permanent household fixture, from the pots in your kitchen to the sheets on your bed; I want you to sleep on me."
    -Kimora Lee Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by FragranceBoy
    There was a profile about her in Vanity Fair a few months ago and I could not believe the things that were coming out of her mouth.
    Seems SHE couldn't believe all the negative reader comments that Vanity Fair published following that "scathing profile".

Well, everyone mark your calendars 'cause in February of 2006 she's coming out with a lifestyle book that will advise, uplift and inspire us to live the best life we can. [smiley=rolleyes.gif] Following that, I believe I read that she has plans for children's books.

Back to Baby Phat Goddess the perfume -- it intrigues me because it lists both seringa and hyacinth. What doesn't intrigue me is that everything besides the listed notes screams "little girl". Little girl playing grown-up. I think the little rhinestone ring around the spray apparatus of the bottle slips off -- it's a little ring for little girls to play with. So, mom (or an adult, I guess) wears the perfume and gives the imitation diamond ring to a little girl. Anybody else read this?

I just can't get too excited by something called Baby Phat Goddess.....some "jive turkey" "with it" ......rapper kinda thang! ????? What's the point? Doesn't sound like it would be for me......too tacky!

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by glorious1
    I just can't get too excited by something called Baby Phat Goddess.....some "jive turkey" "with it" ......rapper kinda thang! *????? *What's the point? *Doesn't sound like it would be for me......too tacky!
    I think the bottle is phrilly, don't you? I'll reserve judgment until I test it. I phear it might be phabulous and I don't want to look like a phool. [smiley=laugh.gif]

Ladylonestar

I sampled this today and I have to agree with Informer, G.303 and Fragranceboy. It.... this.... I.... you.... it's.... [smiley=shocked.gif] Words fail me.

Tried it here in Canada yesterday. Reminds me of J'Adore with a stronger (more aggressive) floral heart. Rather boring for my taste.

I found it boring too. Very ho-hum. Maybe a teenager might like it.
    I really do like the bottle though.

Ladylonestar

I didn't find it boring. I found it scary. I think I might have even screamed. And the only sample I managed to get all day was Goddess. First one to IM me can have it. It's one of those little "bubble" type samples.