Code of Conduct

Default SJP's "Lovely" TV ad.

This week you can watch the tv ad for Sarah Jessica Parker's Lovely over and over again on style.com.

Link: http://www.style.com/beauty

Default Re: SJP's "Lovely" TV ad.

ain't it lovely!

(couldn't resist...still eager to try this!)

I'm sure it's an american classic, but what's the song in the ad?

SJP is signing bottles in London Harvey Nichols on Weds. Loving the pinkness of it all! That Oscar de la Renta (I think) dress is pure grown-up princess. Has anyone smelt this, what's it like?

I haven't smelled it myself, but many reviews describe Lovely as a softer version of Narciso Rodriguez.

Ladylonestar wrote a rather "lovely" post about the subject:
    http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...num=1122863069

Ladylonestar

Thanks, Cedric. Unfortunately, Ladylonestar needs to revise her assessment of Lovely and I've been putting it off. I guess it's time to go back into that thread now. I got to do a very thorough sampling -- double-arm, double-method -- last week, unlike my sampling frenzy at ULTA a few weeks ago. In a nut shell... it's not lovely at all. I'll go post to my thread.

Default Re: SJP's 'Lovely' TV ad.

I think it smells like Helmut Lang.

There was a big two page interview with SJP about Lovely in the Mail on Sunday You magazine. She didn't really say much about the fragrance.
    DONNA

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by donna255
    I think it smells like Helmut Lang.
    I'll have to re-sample Helmut Lang. I'm thinking Costume National... but I need to get out my CN mini and check it.

Quote Originally Posted by donna255
    There was a big two page interview with SJP about Lovely in the Mail on Sunday You magazine. She didn't really say much about the fragrance.
    The SA at Dillards said (so far) not many people are liking it. Well, actually she said more people *hate* it than love it. Informer, under my very long post, indicated it wasn't selling well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylonestar
    [quote author=donna255 link=1125305857/0#6 date=1125380402]
    The SA at Dillards said (so far) not many people are liking it. *Well, actually she said more people *hate* it than love it. *Informer, under my very long post, indicated it wasn't selling well.
    It's a good sign... because what everbody loves is boring fruity/florals.

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by cedriceccentric
    Excellent point, Cedric. Yet... I might be inclined to choose a fruity/floral or two over Lovely meself. [smiley=wink.gif]

[smiley=undecided.gif] It has to be good... it's SJP, she is a fashion icon (she is on the cover of Vogue)... it just has to be good. I want it to be gooood! [smiley=cry.gif]

Ladylonestar

It probably is good, Cedric. Just because I don't like it sure doesn't mean it's not good! I mean, hey, what do I know, right? Chin up!

I gave it a whiff (just picked up the bottle and smelled) last time I was out and about, and it smelled okay, but of course I wasn't able to experience the drydown.

I had a completely different experience with Amarige (at least I think it was amarige, I sprayed a whole bunch of Givenchy on my arm, and maybe even other ones, but I don't exactly remember.) I did not like it at first at all but 10 minutes later it smelled lovely . . . now I want it very badly!

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by LoneFish
    I gave it a whiff (just picked up the bottle and smelled) last time I was out and about, and it smelled okay, but of course I wasn't able to experience the drydown.
    I lightly spritzed but didn't wait for the drydown the first time I sampled it. Now you're going to have to do what I did -- go back and do it right! [smiley=wink.gif]

Quote Originally Posted by LoneFish
    I had a completely different experience with Amarige (at least I think it was amarige, I sprayed a whole bunch of Givenchy on my arm, and maybe even other ones, but I don't exactly remember.)
    Too funny, Lonefish! You sound like me! [smiley=grin.gif]

Yeah, heh heh. I suppose people like us are why scent cards exist, although then you can't smell it on your arm . . . oh well. I am almost positive the beautiful thing I smelled was amarige, but I have this nagging feeling that I sprayed a non-Givenchy scent on the same arm, but I can't imagine what it could have been. Certainly not Beyond Paradise . .

Although I don't really have much of a desire to sample Lovely again . . I will take your word that it was bad on the drydown. The whiff I had was nice, but nothing I would really be interested in owning. Now amarige, on the other hand . .

On the subject of it selling, it definately picked up for a bit and moves decently.
    It is floral, but not overally so. Not very memorable in my book, but I've noticed people are on both sides of the fence, both loving and hating it.

While we're on the subject, at least the Lovely ad isn't as bad as that horrendous No. 5 commercial not too long ago with Nicole Kidman. Can anyone say Moulin Rouge rehash?
    The pursuit of philosophy is the hope that there is more to life than we realize. By philosophy, however, we come to realize that in fact there is less to life than previously imagined.

how can you sample it there is little to sniff wears within minutes not original just non-existent