Code of Conduct
    BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Default Attention, EPCOT shoppers ...

On my last visit to Walt Disney World's EPCOT, I was a fragrance illiterate. Next time I visit Florida, I want to take advantage of EPCOT's stores and sample strategically. I know France is represented perfume-wise, but I don't recall which brands are carried. I've read that Laila is available in the Norway section. I think the British stores may carry some scents. Japan and China had incense. I don't have any idea about Italy. Does anyone have more information? (Even my daughter, who works at WDW, couldn't get more details for me.)
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Default Re: Attention, EPCOT shoppers ...

I didn't go to the Norway pavillion, but I've heard they have Laila. I didn't see any fragrances in Britain and don't know about Italy. The Guerlain boutique is worth visiting. There's a perfume shop across from Guerlain, with a limited selection of fragrances.

Of what I remember from my last visit to Epcot (january 2005):
    -Britain has Burberry, Ghost, Lulu Guiness, Paul Smith and other british designer fragrances + more tradional english products (though not Penhaligon's or Floris).
    -France has most perfumes ofcourse (but nothing that hard to find). The Guerlain boutique is the star here.
    -Japan has Shiseido with the original Zen (aswell as the newer version), Féminité du Bois + the relaxing and energising fragrances.
    -Italy has Giorgio Armani (maybe a few others but I don't remember).
    -Norway has Parfums Geïr.

That's about it I think.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the feedback. You'll laugh (or grimace) when I tell you that, on a previous visit to Plume et Palette/La Signature, I eagerly sampled just one perfume--the famous "world's most expensive," the 1930 Patou product named the same as my parents named me. What a disappointing meeting of the Joys as I learned that aldehydes and I clash. With as much grace as possible, I toddled out of the store and, amidst the croissant-eating public, sought the nearest washing source, the decorative fountain in the French Pavillon, and plunged my arm in up to the elbow.

J'étais idiot alors. J'espère que je suis plus sage maintenant.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

YEP! The Guerlain Boutique....carries lots of the classics and some things you can't easily find elsewhere from what I understand.