Code of Conduct

Default Anne Pliska.  Thank you.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all those who recommended and talked about Anne Pliska. It finally arrived after many weeks (I've never had to wait so long for any bottle of perfume!). I LOVE it and can't believe I've been without it for all these years! Special thanks to Ladyloneatar for telling me where to purchase it.
    It's a holiday here today and I just want to stay at home and sniff all day!!!
    Thank you everyone.

Default Re: Anne Pliska. *Thank you.

I wholeheartedly agree with you, Kas. This is one that was hyped whereas I don't regret my purchase and will go back for more. Nordstrom's now carries it here. My husband always comments when I wear it, and it's his favorite above all others.
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West

I'm on my second bottle. I've given a lot away though.

Ladylonestar

KAS! That's fabulous news! Did you buy the parfum or the eau de parfum? Or both? While I can't imagine anything better than the eau de parfum, I look forward (soon, I hope) to getting the parfum. I love the lotion but also want the body creme and body powder. I want it all! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hi everyone!!

So has anyone tried the lotion, creme, parfum? Are the scents true to the EDP? I want an Anne Pliska collection asap!!

Thanks,
    Nutty

Ladylonestar I bought the EDP. I am now deciding which body product to buy with another bottle of the EDP which I'm about to order!!!!!!!

FYI.....If you're planning on using up the body lotion within a year .... it's great but mine turned on me. So did another girl's.....just thought I'd mention it.

Ladylonestar

My Anne Pliska body lotion isn't as strong as the fragrance itself but it's very nice. I've had mine quite awhile and it hasn't "turned" -- it doesn't smell off at all. But, you know.... I talk to it. Like I do my plants. I tell it how special it is, how sexy it is. Talk to your fragrances and lotions; let them know how important they are, how gorgeous they are. [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif]

(Anyone buy that? [smiley=wink.gif])

I do!!! Um...well okay, maybe it doesn't work for everyone. But it works for me since they talk back!

[smiley=engel017.gif]

Anyhoo, I tried Anne Pliska today (thanks to the lovey lady lonestar!) and I'm really liking it. I love ambers, but vanilla and orange without any florals isn't usually my thing, so I thought I'd be dissapointed. But no! Definitely brilliant! I totally get that "chilly" vibe people talk about, and find it a very elegant gourmand-like fragrance. I've got to sample around some others first, but I think I have to have at least one gourmand-like scent in my collection, and this would be perfect! Sweet and chilly and refined, perfect.

Oh interestingly, a man who works in another lab nearby me that often comes into my lab to use certain equipment commented on it. He was sitting across the room! And the funny thing is, I didn't even spray it! Just a drop or two (about 4 dabs) on one wrist! Either Anne Pliska is really strong, or has incredible sillage (since I was over in that area before), or he's just really sensitive to this particular parfume. He mentioned that he didn't have a particularly good sense of smell, but that something similar used to happen with a woman he worked with that wore an estee lauder in modest amounts. He said he could smell which rooms she'd been in before very distinctly! Huh. Go figure.

But back on topic, I'm really liking Anne Pliska!

~Silk

Default Re: Anne Pliska.  Thank you.

I do LadyL (talk to them), and I have to contribute here as well - Anne Pliska is a unique scent. One of the best.

Ladylonestar

Well, it's good to know that Alicka and Silk are as eccentric as I am! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Silk -- my very first wearing of Anne Pliska, I sprayed a little at each wrist and a little at my throat, went to the pharmacy and received two fabulous compliments! One from my pharmacist and one from a stranger who had been "smelling me" from a distance. She had smelled something wonderful, she said, and had been trying to find the source.

Regarding the Estee Lauder -- so many of the EL Classics have this special quality, they remain in a room long after the wearer has left. I've been told that for years regarding Estee, but I know that Youth Dew and Spellbound can also do the same thing.

I had never heard of Anne Pliska fragrance in my life until 2004 while I was at a chat site known as Perfume of Life. A very sweet and lovely lady, VictoriasOwn, was spreading the word about Anne Pliska, her own signature scent. I don't know... if this had been my signature scent, I might have been tempted to keep it to myself -- it's just so very unique and so very rare (at least where I live). But thank goodness Vic wasn't as selfish as I am! And I still look forward to buying the parfum, powder and body creme SOON!

Thanks for the honoralbe mention Ladylonestar! This has been my HG for 16 years.
    Anything I can do to spread the joy, makes me so happy!

Hello.. My name is Lille My. I am an Anne Pliska addict.... [smiley=cool.gif]