Code of Conduct
    Sanzio

Default Fecal fragrances/Notes

Which fragrances or notes smell fecal for you?

Default Re: Fecal fragrances/Notes

Scharffen Berger Cacao
    Links to discounted scented stuff online

Ladylonestar

Gato, I can't help but wonder what your obsession is with fecal notes or fragrances. You recently posted wanting to know about the smell of civet:

http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...num=1123780207

Are you wanting to buy fragrances with a fecal odor or are you wanting to avoid them? Some people claim they pick up a fecal odor in Jicky and some people claim they pick up a fecal odor in Youth Dew. Others, myself included, don't pick this up (though Youth Dew... maybe... sometimes.)

Google "civet" and do some reading on it. You can also use the directory here to pull up fragrances with civet, and you can visit www.osmoz.com and do a search there on civet.

This is the second thread you've started here on the female fragrance forum inquiring about "fecal" smells, or fecal fragrances/notes. I think two is more than enough for awhile, at least on this forum. I hope you agree. Thanks.

The infamous Aftelier "Caca"-o.

Youth Dew is fecal to me, yet it's one of my favorites.

Beat's the heck outa me! [smiley=undecided.gif]

I didn't think that any of my perfumes smelled like that but I do enjoy Youth Dew!!

After wading through so much bull fecal at work all week, I certainly hope I don't come home smelling like it. I would hope that none of my 'fumes would bear any notes that resemble it.
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West

Joy has a marked civet note which translates as fecal, so does Bandit. I find those notes more predominant in the parfum strengths VS the weaker formulations.
    At times I also get too much hiney in Kiehl's Musk EDT, but at other times I don't, so I think it may just be chemistry.
    Same goes for Musc Koublai Khan.
    I've never noticed it in Youth Dew, but I have in Jicky parfum.

I keep reading that jasmine has Indol (sp?) and can smell quite fecal, so any fragrance that contains jasmine and civet would probably smell... impolite.
    Yet those fragrances can be bizarrely addictive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylonestar
    Gato, I can't help but wonder what your obsession is with fecal notes or fragrances. *

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been laughing all weekend over this line.

This is the second thread you've started here on the female fragrance forum inquiring about "fecal" smells, or fecal fragrances/notes. *I think two is more than enough for awhile, at least on this forum. *I hope you agree. *Thanks.
    Two is WAAAAAAAYYYYYY to many posts for this subject matter. I am sure if the poster really wants a truly "fecal" smelling "perfume" he can create one very easily.
    Awesomeguy

I thought the inquiry was valid, because animalic notes, especially civet and castoreum, have a way working their way from deeply sensual to disgustingly excrement like, and that can depend on a number of factors ranging from chemistry to proportions in the blending of fragrances, type of ingredients and even environmental fluctuations.
    Whether we like it or not, fecal notes and fragrances are a fairly significant part of the realm of marketed scents.
    Interestingly, what smells like waste on me could very well be gorgeous on someone else, so I can see how someone would be interested in finding out how other people react to a myriad of animalic scents and notes, it might help them make a decision for themselves.

INTERESTING............somebody started the SAME thread on POL. Still don't understand the POINT. What gives?

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by Lila
    I thought the inquiry was valid...
    I think everything's okay, Lila. I couldn't find where anyone questioned or challenged the validity of the inquiry, or inquiries. I, however, questioned Gato-del-algalia's "obsession" with fecal notes/fragrances. Perhaps I should have used the term "fascination" or even "interest". I didn't. We have two threads right now -- one regarding civet and its possible fecal odor and fragrances with a dominant civet note, which may or may not include fecal odor/smell; and one regarding fecal fragrances/notes which may or may not include civet. I think they are basically (though perhaps not technically) the same topic so my comments to him stand, as does my question. Both threads are open for discussion. [smiley=wink.gif]

Quote Originally Posted by glorious1
    INTERESTING............somebody started the SAME thread on POL. Still don't understand the POINT. What gives?

Although I do not share Gato's level of interest in this subject, I don't find it odd that the question would be asked on more than one board. It's a good way to get more answers to the question.
    By the way, this link was posted on MUA last night: http://www.straightdope.com/columns/010525.html
    I suggest that the squeamish refrain from clicking on it.
    Links to discounted scented stuff online

Quote Originally Posted by rosbergs3
    I am sure if the poster really wants a truly "fecal" smelling "perfume" he can create one very easily.
    [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif]
    Good one! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylonestar
    We have two threads right now -- one regarding civet and its possible fecal odor and fragrances with a dominant civet note, which may or may not include fecal odor/smell; and one regarding fecal fragrances/notes which may or may not include civet. I think they are basically (though perhaps not technically) the same topic so my comments to him stand, as does my question. Both threads are open for discussion. [smiley=wink.gif]
    I agree. If anyone is about to start "Scents that smell like poo and/or pee" thread, please post to the two already existing ones instead. [smiley=rolleyes.gif]
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

I just got a sample of Shalimar parfum and I smell some poop in it. Does this have civet? I also smell vanilla, sandalwood, etc in it and I admit this scent is intoxicating. This doesn't smell too feminine to me, I think its something I could wear. Does anyone else smell poop?
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells
    I just got a sample of Shalimar parfum and I smell some poop in it. Does this have civet?
    Yes.

I also smell vanilla, sandalwood, etc in it and I admit this scent is intoxicating. This doesn't smell too feminine to me, I think its something I could wear.
    I find Shalimar very feminine but that might be just me.

Does anyone else smell poop?
    No.

[smiley=rolleyes.gif] [smiley=wink.gif] [smiley=grin.gif]
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."