Code of Conduct

Default Scents that smell of chocolate?

Hello, I wonder if anyone can help the new girl? *I am addicted to chocolate (the food) and I find that a good way of suppressing the craving is to smell vanilla and cocoa extracts. *I wondered if anyone had any ideas of fragrances that smell strongly of these kind of things? *I tend not to chose them as a rule, preferring fresher fragrances that are either quite citrusy or quite floral, such as Green Tea or Miracle. Any suggestions would be much appreciated *[smiley=dankk2.gif]

Default Re: Scents that smell of chocolate?

Angel by Thierry Mugler, of course!
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310
    Angel by Thierry Mugler, of course!
    It's certainly very chocolatey but also very sweet which I find a bit much. *I'd like a scent that is more about dark, bitter chocolate I think...can you spot the girl who doesn't know what she wants!!! *Thanks for the suggestion though, I should probably try it again now that the hot weather is subsiding. *I find sweet, oriental fragrances a bit much in the summer but I wear Hypnotic Poison at Christmas so will try Angel again when the temperature drops

Try Temperare: http://www.lusciouscargo.com/Merchan...egory_Code=TEM

I haven't tried any of them yet, but they all sound lovely! I have to get my hands on a sample of Temperare 2!!! Lily petals dipped in chocolate sprinkled with artemesia and jasmine. Sign me up NOW!

~Silk

Silk,

Sounds right up my alley! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkandSteel
    Try Temperare: http://www.lusciouscargo.com/Merchan...egory_Code=TEM

I haven't tried any of them yet, but they all sound lovely! *I have to get my hands on a sample of Temperare 2!!! *Lily petals dipped in chocolate sprinkled with artemesia and jasmine. *Sign me up NOW!

~Silk
    have just read the gumpf - I'm drooooooooooooooooling! Must get me a sample pack (hmmm, what's 1/32oz in European measures?)

1/32th oz = about 1 ml, not much.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberwolf
    1/32th oz = about 1 ml, not much.
    Blimey! Not much at all. Still it says that they are very concentrated so a little goes a long way...

My nose smells chocolate in the top notes of L'Artisan's Ambre Extreme and Renee's Amber.

I'm not familiar with them. I am lucky enough to work near Oxford/Regent Street in London, however, and I will be checking them out in one of the many big department stores

Mat; Chocolat
    Fleurs de Chocolat (Lucia, Manon, Mikado) Fresh
    Hanae Mori
    Python Trussardi

summer means fireflys

Have you tried Bulgari BLV notte? The chocolate it in is very dark, bitter and mixed with vodka! Not sweet at all, to my nose. I tested this a few times but never bought because I didn't think the lasting powder was all that good. Here is the write-up from Sephora:

BLV Notte
    A deeper version of the classic Bvlgari BLV fragrance, BLV Notte is a lush blend of galanga, and vodka drizzled over notes of iris and dark chocolate. A truly sexy scent, BLV Notte is destined to become a classic.

Notes:
    Galanga, Vodka, Iris, Dark Chocolate.
    Style:
    Fresh. Vital. Mysterious.

I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Plus

I sampled Serendipitous by Serendipity 3 recently and it is yummy - notes of cocoa, vanilla and blood orange. It's definitely a gourmand, however the orange tempers the sweetness of the chocolate a bit, keeps it from being too cloying. You can order it through Luckyscent (www.luckyscent.com)

"I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

These are a little rich for me but they are very very chocolatey: http://www.dragonflyblue.com/truffles.html
    "Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see." -Benjamin Franklin

Wow! You guys are going to bankrupt me!!! *Thank you for all the ideas. *I will certainly be trying them out. And taking out a loan *[smiley=wink.gif]

Ladylonestar

I'm not sure if you can still find this one, but Coty had a fragrance called "ici". I dismissed it when it first came out but would love to re-sniff it now since I've read that it's a floral oriental with an edible background of creme caramel and chocolate. The name means "here" in French (or so I've read) and the theme of the advertising when Ici was launched was "Put it where you want to be kissed."

Don't quote me on this because I can't find my source, but I had read that "ici" was Coty's prestige mass-market commercial gourmand challenge to Mugler's very successful gourmand, Angel. Revlon would offer up "Lasting" and Lancome would offer up "Connexion" to challenge Coty's "ici". I also read that "ici" fell far short of Coty's expected success. At any rate, I'd love to sniff it again for comparison purposes if nothing else.

Good luck with your chocolate quest!

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylonestar
    I'm not sure if you can still find this one, but Coty had a fragrance called "ici". *I dismissed it when it first came out but would love to re-sniff it now since I've read that it's a floral oriental with an edible background of creme caramel and chocolate. *The name means "here" in French (or so I've read) and the theme of the advertising when Ici was launched was "Put it where you want to be kissed."

Don't quote me on this because I can't find my source, but I had read that "ici" was Coty's prestige mass-market commercial gourmand challenge to Mugler's very successful gourmand, Angel. *Revlon would offer up "Lasting" and Lancome would offer up "Connexion" to challenge Coty's "ici". *I also read that "ici" fell far short of Coty's expected success. *At any rate, I'd love to sniff it again for comparison purposes if nothing else.

Good luck with your chocolate quest!
    Many Thanks! *I have a big day tomorrow I think! *I have written a list of fragrances to try and am bidding in two ebay auctions that finish tomorrow. *I am obviously very new to fragrance appreciation and it's fantastic to be able to ask for all this seasoned advice and be given pointers for where to buy and what to try. *I could definitely get into this... though of course I am probably biased. [smiley=wink.gif]

I have had a scout round for ici and found a small bottle of EDT for sale here http://store.perfumes4all.com/icibyco2eaud.html priced $11.99. *Hope it smells better the second time around!

With regard to the ad campaign - I think that is a big part of the draw for me when it comes to fragrance. *It's the glamour by association. Beautiful men and women who inspired people to create something for them, gorgeous packaging (I almost bought a bottle of Guerlain's Terracotta Voile D'ete today based purely on the beautiful bottle design [smiley=undecided.gif]) and the elaborate, expensive advertising (Baz Luhrman and Nicole Kidman - how much cachet can you create?!) *It's such a phenomenal package that ends in the delight of feeling a cool spritz of devine scent hit your bare skin and adapt to your body in a way that's totally unique to you... *I can't believe this I only came on here to be nosey!!! *After the past couple of years ridiculing him indoors for his obsession with all things fragrant I am going to be in for so much stick *[smiley=grin.gif]

I'm surprised that I didn't see Lea St. Barth Extreme yet. Lotsa lotsa chocolate.
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West

Serendipitous
    MGP Secrete Datura

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by kissandmakeup View Post
    Hello, I wonder if anyone can help the new girl? *I am addicted to chocolate (the food) and I find that a good way of suppressing the craving is to smell vanilla and cocoa extracts. *I wondered if anyone had any ideas of fragrances that smell strongly of these kind of things? *I tend not to chose them as a rule, preferring fresher fragrances that are either quite citrusy or quite floral, such as Green Tea or Miracle. Any suggestions would be much appreciated *[smiley=dankk2.gif]
    If you can find get Chocolovers by Aquolina, it's the best chocolate I ever smell and has been discontinued. Good luck

L'Heure Defendue from Cartier is Cacao, Patchouli, Cashmeran if anyone is interested. Not a million miles away from Lutens Borneo but a more refined bitter dark chocolate, less musty patch and overall a more 'perfume' than 'enhanced essential oil' vibe.

Rochas man. I'm sure a female could pull this off. Think Hot Cocoa. MMMM

There was a chocolate line that just came out...niche line Nobile 1942 Le Petit Chocolatier I DEFINITELY want to check these out. Here's more info, I dig these bottles too!

http://www.nstperfume.com/2012/01/31...-new-perfumes/.

Other choco notes: Chocolovers, BLV Omnia, there's a white chocolate basenote, Molinard Fleur De Chocolat..there are many others but these come to mind first.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Blog Entries

Well for sure you need some Angel, and there's a great one that's all chocolate by Il Profumo called Chocolate Amére. It's at LuckyScent. Also take a look at Parfumerie Generale Aomassai. It has hazzelnut and carmel mainly but it is a lovely gourmand. And Montale- Chocolate Greedy.
    Last edited by kumquat; 26th February 2012 at 04:11 PM.

I was thinking Montale Chocolate Greedy also. I actually don't like it because it smells exactly like chocolate and i don't really want to smell like I sprayed a chocolate bar on myself. I like more of an interpretation of chocolate.

Blog Entries

For dark bitter chocolate and patchouli, there's Lutens-Borneo 1834. Or you can go in a totally different direction with Chanel-CoCo.

My favorite chocolate perfumes are:

Gourmand Coquin by Guerlain
    Angel Le Gout (the newest limited edition), with an extra spoon of chocolate
    and the greatest find at TJ Maxx: Chocolovers
    Evenstar

I love chocolate in real life and in fragrance. Here are some that come to mind:

PG Musc Maori: Starts very chocolaty and becomes very comfortable as it develops; reminds me of a cup of chocolate with milk in its dry-down.

Montale Chocolate Greedy: Yes, this is very literal. It smells like a brownie, however, not like a chocolate bar.

IL Profumo Chocolat: Well, not exactly chocolate, but smells like a chocolate boutique. Very warm and winter-y.

Chanel Coromandel: Dark, dark chocolate; the patchouli and benzoin create this wonderful chocolate illusion. (I much prefer this to SL Borneo, which turns sharp and chemical on my skin).

Tom Ford Noir de Noir: Patchouli and truffle create a smooth, rich chocolate impression, interwoven with a dark rose. It's like rose petals covered with dark chocolate to my nose without being overtly sweet.

Basenotes Institution

+1 for Musc Maori !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Going to try those Noble 1942 scents soon..hehehe, the Noir Intense just sounded too good! MMMMMmmm..
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

I feel a bit silly responding to (another) seven-year-old thread, but I will since Missoni wasn't previously mentioned either (...probably since it came out in 2006, lol!) Anyway, chocolate orange and white flowers is what I get with this - it's delicious, but very thick and sweet. When I'm in the mood for sweet, non-Angel, Tootsie-Roll type chewy chocolate, this is what I wear.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Recently?

Laurence Dumont Vanille Chocolate

Kcloe and Lamar Unbreakable Bond
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Ayala Moriel Roses et Chocolat

http://ayalamoriel.com/?PageName=Sce...s&PerfumeID=35

Really scrummy

Quote Originally Posted by arwen_elf View Post
    Gourmand Coquin by Guerlain
    That one is awesome! Rum & choco: yum...

I don't generally enjoy chocolate fragrances, I'd much rather EAT the chocolate, but here I will pipe in with Guerlain Iris Ganache, with a white chocolate dusting amidst the gorgeous earthy iris root......
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Mmm, haven't tried Black Orchid by TF, how chocolate-y is this one? Cause I like choco.

There's also Comptoir Sud Pacifique Amour De Cacao, haven't sniffed this one.

I see this original post was from 2005. However I'll contribute Mexican Cocoa by Pacifica. Just smelled it last month at Whole Foods and although it immediately didn't capture my attention, a time later while shopping I couldn't help but smell something amazing but really faint that I couldn't quite place. Then I realized I had sprayed the Mexican Cocoa on my wrist earlier. It dries down to something wonderful that subtlely reminded me of Angel but is lighter and more natural smelling.