Code of Conduct

Default Perfume Thief! I'd Love To Find Him

I cannot believe it - last night I picked up a BIG package of samples sent by Timberwolf at the post office. And we're talking wonderful samples - she sent some absolutely great stuff. I just couldn't wait to get home, and had already spritzed on "Nikos Sculpture" and "Citrus Blossom 8" and stopped by the grocery store for some strawberry shortcake makings. I was planning on trying the Geisha samples next, or the L'Artisans.
    When I got out to the car, my side window had been busted in, and the entire box of samples was gone, except for Nikos Sculpture laying on the floor. I was so bummed about the box, I barely even thought about my window. Can you imagine? I don't lock my car, because I never have anything of value in it, so I don't know WHY he busted the window, but he'd rifled through everything to try and find something valuable. I was told the guy responsible was swearing as he threw the box in his trunk (probably because that's all he found...hey, it's not my fault the most valuable things in my car are perfume samples!). But he didn't know what it meant to me.
    So now, this guy's girlfriend probably has my entire box of goodies, and she won't even appreciate them the way I will... I couldn't believe how bummed I was. I guess the moral of this story is to treat these samples like gold that everybody wants, because apparently they do. I still think of those adorable little Guerlain minis.
    [smiley=sad.gif]

Default Re: Perfume Thief! I'd Love To Find Him

We can only hope that he and/or his girlfriend will be highly allergic to one of the scents and have to be rushed to the emergency room whereby many dollars will be spent receiving medical care.

What goes around comes around --- I would be livid!!!

JAG [smiley=angry.gif]

Aw, Flathorn! I'd like to find him, too, and see him drink the stuff instead of making use of it for his girlfriend.

Tell ya what. Check out my wardrobe (where it says "Happiness Is", right there by May and W.C.) and let me know if you'd like me to send you any samples of what I have. That's so awful! What a dirtbag.
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West

No, it was not me who send to you this package. Somebody else from Lone Star State? ;-)

Please, let me know how I can help. Second the opinion about the allergies: let them have it!!!

Check your pm.

Quote Originally Posted by FufuLaRue
    Aw, Flathorn! I'd like to find him, too, and see him drink the stuff instead of making use of it for his girlfriend.

Tell ya what. Check out my wardrobe (where it says "Happiness Is", right there by May and W.C.) and let me know if you'd like me to send you any samples of what I have. That's so awful! What a dirtbag.
    That's so nice of you... bless you. [smiley=cry.gif] [smiley=engel017.gif]
    I was actually just trying to vent, not get more samples. You have a fabulous collection. Something I aspire to some day.
    If I had found him last night, I think I would have grabbed him by the neck of his little red, sleeveless muscle shirt, and sprayed him with my pepper spray. See how he likes THAT fragrance. And my pepper spray isn't the type that comes on a keychain for protection. This is the big can, that says "Bear Spray".
    I must be starting to take all this way too serious. I was really more upset about the samples than the window...truly.

Flathorn-

You're relatively new here. Here's how it works. Look over my wardrobe. Anything I have you can have. Just give me a list and your address.

PEOPLE: You know what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberwolf
    No, it was not me who send to you this package. Somebody else from Lone Star State? ;-)

Please, let me know how I can help. Second the opinion about the allergies: let them have it!!! Check your pm.
    Ooops! I'm sorry! I meant to say 'Sustenance', who frequents POL. So sorry Timberwolf. You don't have to check your perfume samples to see if they're missing. :-)

Well, it's healthy to vent. You have every reason to be upset! I think we'd all like to more than pepper spray him, but it wouldn't do at all to say just what on a public forum.

Now Flathorn ... don't be shy or stubborn, girl. Take a look at my pickings and message me if you see any frags you're dying to try. I also have several others that don't seem to be listed in the Basenotes directory yet, some of which aren't made any more (indicated by *):

Genny by Hanorrah*
    POTL's Luctor et Emergo
    Naturistics Botannical*
    Naturistics Mountain Berry*
    Naturistics Sea Splash*
    Albert Nipon*
    Arpege (both vintage and current versions)
    White Witch (verrrry strong stuff)
    Zoe by Fresh Scents by Terri
    Breathe (by Terri as well)

Hopefully, you'll find a few. We'll dry those tears yet.
    [smiley=grin.gif]
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West

That makes me FURIOUS!

That's horrible! These people have no idea what they are doing to you. I had three bottles of fume stolen from me by someone I have to at least be aquainted with from my own home. I still want to hunt that guy down, tear the limbs off his body and suck the marrow out of his broken bones.

I am so sorry to hear this! Maybe he thought he was stealing heroine?

[smiley=shocked.gif]

Kill Kill!!!!!

...I mean...did I say that?

Seriously though, that really and certifiably sucks! What a horrible thing I'm so sorry.

~Silk

P.S. Fufu, where did you get that smilie? It's brilliant!

MJH

Geez, that's infuriating! [smiley=angry.gif] I've been lucky (knock wood) that my current car has never been 'violated', especially considering the fact that its predecessor (nick-named 'The Mark-Mobile' by my co-workers) led such a dramatic existence. It was broken into once, stolen another time, then driven through a roadblock outside a SWAT stand-off....... [smiley=cry.gif] It broke my heart to sign the papers transferring the title.

And how on earth can sometime enjoy perfume that's been stolen?!? [smiley=undecided.gif] [smiley=angry.gif]
    Anyway, at least you're OK. Please take a minute and click on the word 'barge' below in my signature line: that's the key to my Basenotes wardrobe. I'd be honored to share samples of anything I have listed. Just PM me.