Code of Conduct

Default Lancome to relaunch classics! Magie, Climat, and..

...Sikkim. Info courtesy of the August issue of British Vogue. No other info available at this time - can anyone add some facts?

marlen

Default Re: Lancome to relaunch classics! Magie, Climat, a

That's sensational, Scenteur! I have a small bottle of Magie EDT and would sure like more of it. Would love to know the scoop - where and when...
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West

MJH

Marlen,
    Lancome announced several months ago that they were re-releasing Sikkim, Magie, Climat as well as Sagamore (one of their discontinued men's scents), but only in a limited distribution. I think most of Lancome's 'discontinued' scents (like Balafre) have remained available at the Lancome Institute in Paris, but nowhere else.
    I don't think Climat has ever been discontinued, even though it isn't pushed at Lancome counters here in the US.

I have vintage Sikkim EdT and I know it's supposed to be a floral oriental, but to my nose it's a beautiful leathery chypre with roses. Scentdirect seems to have the notes that my nose detects:
    http://scentdirect.com/genealogy.php3?scentID=420

I also have Magie EdT, but I think my bottle's a bit 'off': it seems like a classic floral aldehyde to me.

I have a mini of Climat somewhere, too, but it's never left much of an impression on me.

Sagamore is excellent, but Balafre's much better (IMO): both quite virile (but not overbearing) men's scents.

The article did mention something along the lines of "the first to be relaunched...". I know Climat is still sold as I had a bottle (hated it) that I got at TJ's a few years back...However, Lancome is rebottling the scents in beautiful square crystal bottles with white and gold labels - I did a doubletake as I was surprised to see that this was Lancome! And do I remember correctly that they are being relaunched as edp's? maybe that's my imagination...I would have bought both magazines I perred into, but her ein Osaka, a British Vogur costs about $18 US! CRAZY!

marls

I'm always delighted by news like this! No matter what the house or the scents but Classics must be kept going. Well done, Lancôme! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

I've been waitng to hear something about this since the news 1st came out. I will sample Sagamore when I get the opportunity.
    Thanks for the heads up reminder.
    Gary

Default Re: Lancome to relaunch classics! Magie, Climat,

I get emails from Lancome telling me about new products. And it mentioned these and the relaunch,a few months back. They come in a set or 50ml individual. But I have enquired a number of times and been told that they are only available from Lancome Paris in the boutique,as a limited edition.
    DONNA

Well it's all explained on the Lancôme website...
    Check it out: http://www.lancome-usa.com/_us/_en/fragrance/animations/lacollection/index.aspx?CategoryCode=AXEFragrance^F1_LaCollecti on&&

I bought Magie earlier this year from the Lancôme Boutique in Paris. Looks like they changed the sticker on the bottle, the cap used also the be finished with gold thread.

Thanks Cedric, how is the Magie?

It's very chic but in the same style I prefer Madame Rochas.