Code of Conduct

Default James Bond perfume reference

Anyone know of the perfume that James Bond (George Lazenby) mentions as he sniffs Tracy's wrist in the movie "On Her Majesty's Secret Service?"

I couldn't quite make out which perfume he mentioned, but it sounded sort of like g'bleu, after which Tracy says "So, you know your perfumes. What else do you know?"

I'm quite curious...

Cheers,

#

Default Re: James Bond perfume reference

Ok, I recorded the audio clip from DVD (I'm such a geek). You can get it **here** (it's in .mp3 format).

My computer is mute but my guess is L'Heure Bleue. Vent Vert is mentioned in the Bond books.

Here's a link to some earlier Bond girl perfume discussion: http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...num=1121886013
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JAMES-BOND-LHO...QQcmdZViewItem

Heres some James Bond fragrance itself!

I think he says " Le Bleu" and that should mean ( as Tigs says ) L´heure bleu said with an English accent and a finger in the mouth

The consensus on the guys' board is L'Heure Bleue as well.

Thanks for all of the replies!

the perfume mentioned in the film by george lazenby is called Le Bleu

Quote Originally Posted by Octothorpe View Post
    Anyone know of the perfume that James Bond (George Lazenby) mentions as he sniffs Tracy's wrist in the movie "On Her Majesty's Secret Service?"

I couldn't quite make out which perfume he mentioned, but it sounded sort of like g'bleu, after which Tracy says "So, you know your perfumes. What else do you know?"

I'm quite curious...

Cheers,

#

Quote Originally Posted by sally-ann View Post
    the perfume mentioned in the film by george lazenby is called Le Bleu

Yes - I was watching this film today and I originally thought Bond said L'Heure Bleue. However, the film's transcript reads: "Isn´t Le Bleu a bit heady for that?" So I'm thinking perhaps it's the discontinued Le Bleu de Chanel. It would make sense that Bond to know something like that and for the character Tracy to be wearing it...

Le Bleu de Chanel Notes: Aldehydes, lily of the valley, sandalwood, violets black currant, cedar

BTW - George Lazenby is an interesting Bond and On Her Majesty's Secret Service is really quite good - it's more "raw" than other Bond films. I still think Sean Connery's the best Bond, but I have to say OHMSS is probably my favorite Bond film.

I think a recent perfume reference in one of the latest Bond movies was Melograno by SMN. (This was the film starring Bondwoman Eva Green.)
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I read somewhere that Geo F. Trumper Eucris is mentiones in one of Fleming's books as James Bond's fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by GelbeDomino View Post
    I read somewhere that Geo F. Trumper Eucris is mentiones in one of Fleming's books as James Bond's fragrance.
    I have heard this in the books, as well.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.