Code of Conduct

Default N'Aimez que Moi and French Cancan.

I'm not a real fan of the whole Caron line but Fleurs de Rocaille and Pour un Homme get 5 stars in my rating. I also have Nocturnes and Aimez-Moi (1993).

We used to sell a rather large selection of the more difficult to find Carons at the store I work at (at one point, before I worked there, they stocked the whole line). Thought we had a few Caron addicts, unfortunately our business with Caron was way too low to be profitable. We had to discountinued them *The Carons are gone now.
    Surprisingly another perfume store, part of the chain "Planet Parfum", has picked them up. They have the whole Caron line (old and new), there is even one of those famous fountains on display. But because Planet Parfum is not a speciality shop, I don't know how their customers who are more used to novelties will react to such a house. I'm really not sure they will still carry Caron within a year...

Here is my request:

I'm familiar with the following Carons (those we still carried) Tabac Blond, Poivre/Coup de Fouet, Belogia, Muguet du Boneur, Farnesiana, Pois de Senteurs, Parfum Sacré, Acaciosa, Royal Bain, Nuit de Noel, Yatagan and what was our best-seller Lady Caron.
    I sampled Narcisse Noir, En Avion and Montaigne on a trip in Paris.

Now I would like to get your opinion on N'Aimez que Moi and French Cancan because I just read those are chypres and I loooove chypres.

Default Re: N'Aimez que Moi and French Cancan.

French CanCan has alot of white flowers and I think of it as a rich amber floral. Yes it has oakmoss,patchouli but more jasmine,rose,orange blossom,lilac and violets. Very heady not as sweet as Acaciosa,creamy think Chanel No22 but with more amber warmth.

N'Aimez Qui Moi,I read the story on the old Caron website and the notes thought I would like it. And so I bought it blind and yes I did like it. A lovely rose violet fragrance like a candy box perfumed eatible rose and violets. Pretty is a word I would use for N'Aimez like a bouquet of flowers but it does have some amber and musk in the base to stop your teeth aching from all the candied flowers.

You should get samples of both from Caron in Paris or the new store stocking.
    DONNA

Thanks Donna!

While i have tried the N'Aimez que Moi it was awhile ago in nYC and i don't remember it well enough as i tried on so many urn fragrances that day.

The cancan to me smells exactly like powered violets and leather. Its almost a marriage between tabac blond and Violette precieuse. I LOVE IT!!! A new fav.......

I didn't get that French Cancan parfum was particularly chypre. It was advertised as more of a white floral and that's why I hoped I'd like it.

On opening I found it to be overwhelmingly chemical almost formaldehyde-like. To say the least, it was rather off-putting. I persevered through the opening though. Here are a few excerpts from my testing notes if you are interested:

... It’s very bright and very sharp. There is kind of a candied note in there too. It smells very familiar...I guess it smells a lot like cosmetics: face powder, greasepaint, mascara, wigs. It smells like opening night of a community theater show! There is even a hot smell of lights with a bit of theater dust in there. Interesting “a-la Moulin Rouge.” Way later this turned out to be more of a spicy, dark fragrance. Not light and girly at all. Much more brooding than its name implies. The drydown is pleasant but reminds me of an old fashioned fragrance (guess what, it is.)
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!