Code of Conduct

Default Your "It's all about me, me, me" scent(s)

The ones that the majority seems to hate, stomp on, disgustedly look askance at. *My Evyan originals fall into that category (White Shoulders, Most Precious, Great Lady) as well as my Demeter Dirt. *Ghaaaaah! *You hold your head up and wear 'em anyway - defiantly and proudly!
    *[smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West

Default Re: Your "It's all about me, me, me" scent(s)

First, you go Fufu!!!!

Second, I have some in this category too: my first love is One Man Show on me (you said it is all about me, me, me....), like a punch on the nose, my mood booster and confidence builder. Also Halston, Aromatics Elixir, Wrappings, Fendi, Diva, La Perla, Amazone, Joop!, Hiris, Coriandre. All straightfoward and honest guilty pleasures. Like me, I guess. ;-)

Hooray for Dirt! It's my feel-good fragrance. Nobody I know gets it. I wear it proudly.
    ~Ana

MJH

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWoman
    Hooray for Dirt! It's my feel-good fragrance. Nobody I know gets it. I wear it proudly.
    ~Ana
    Welcome to Basenotes, Ana!

I've become accustomed to seeing my favorites bashed (maybe I'm just numb with pain....
    [smiley=cry.gif] [smiley=evil.gif] [smiley=grin.gif]) but some days it seems like no one has a nice thing to say about Versace Green Jeans ("toilet bowl cleaner&quot, Pamplelune ("cat pee&quot, Eau Sauvage ("smelly old man&quot.....

PS. I like Demeter Dirt, too! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Great topic, Blue!

Many of my biggest faves and soulmate scents get bashed regularly: Yohji, Messe de Minuit, Bandit, Dzing!, Black Cashmere, Angel, Nu...

Well: all the more for me, me, me!!! [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif]
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Fracas and perhaps Mystére too.

Ladylonestar

Youth Dew (Elderly Dew), Chanel No. 5, L'Air du Temps, Fracas, Tabu, Magie Noire. That's all I can think of right now. Of these, Youth Dew, No. 5 and Fracas really take a pounding "on the boards". [smiley=grin.gif]

Dinner By Bobo
    "Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see." -Benjamin Franklin

Any of my patchouly scents.

Fracas.
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!

We definitely share common grounds and muse over the "Whys?" I see several of my most beloved perfumes in the listings - Estee, Bobo, Diva, L'Air du Temps, Nu, Fracas, Yohji, Angel, Hiris, Aromatics Elixir. The delight of it all is that they "Just don't know what they'll be missing" and yes, Tigs, all the more for us is one of the inspirations! I especially find shock and awe in Messe de Minuit. It has the time machine effect of literally transfering me to another place and time. [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=happy.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West

LOL at Elderly Dew!!!!

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by Timberwolf
    LOL at Elderly Dew!!!!
    Actually, it's kinda funny now to me, too. But the first time I read that about Youth Dew, it just broke my heart. It was the first time I had witnessed a "perfume bashing" thread. [smiley=shocked.gif] I've come far since then, however. [smiley=grin.gif]

Great topic!
    In fact, by thinking of it, I have just noted that no one around me (in my work) seems to wear perfume! It's exagerated, each morning I smell flowery scents on a girl (don't know what it is but it's very delicate), sometimes she wears also coco mademoiselle, another one wears DKNY, and a third one all the time Addict. But nothing on other colleagues!

So my perfumes are me, me, me, me, me! (Annayake, Cotton Musk, XS, Angel Innocent, Deep red, ...)

And the best: nobody wears the perfumes I create. Last week I wore a perfume I did with patchouli and other essential oils, and one of my colleagues stood back after the morning kiss - he seemed to dislike my perfume (which is very strong in patchouli). I don't care

Val
    If you were to say to the grown-ups: “I saw a beautiful house made of rosy brick, with geraniums in the windows and doves on the roof,” they would not be able to get an idea of that house at all. You have have to say to them: “I saw a house that cost $20,000.” Then they would exclaim: “Oh, what a pretty house that is!”

(extract from "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

Think about it...

Some additions to my list:
    Dinner by Bobo, Bulgari Black, almost anything by Comme des Garçons... [smiley=rolleyes.gif]
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

'Opone' - nobody I know has yet complimented me on this. [smiley=cry.gif]

But then, none of them has understood the appeal of "a dying rose in a vase of hot water in a dark, musty room at the equator" as someone put it (a kindred spirirt! I understood her description immediately!).

No wonder they don't love it! I guess...

Blonde takes it on the chin on a regular basis.

Fracas and Baby Doll.

HEY! DON'T MESS WITH MESSE!!! I love it for just me.
    Youth Dew...
    Every once in awhile I wear Michael
    I too own Fracas....
    Lauren
    ANGEL

While I still don't like perfume bashing threads, I have no problem with someone saying a particular perfume doesn't suit them - but to imply noone likes it is so often rubbish.

Here's my list that gets regularly trodden on a little:

Angel
    Aromatics Elixir
    Cerutti Image
    Chantilly
    Cindy Crawford
    Diva
    Divine
    L’air du Temps
    Patou Forever
    Pheromone
    Spark