Code of Conduct

Default Tabac Original OK for Women?

Tabac Original (Maurer & Wirtz) is one scent which I think is very floral, with a strong carnation heart.
    I was wondering if any women have wore this and what they think.

I got ribbed one time on the Mens board when I stated that Safari EDP could be wore by a man. A lot of posts thought it was way too floral and men could not wear it. However, I find Tabac Original to be just as floral and it is a mens classic.
    K
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Ladylonestar

Default Re: Tabac Original OK for Women?

I don't have any on hand to re-sniff, but I recall it being very typically (or stereotypically) masculine or manly, and I seem to recall it's very heavy spicy-sweet pipe-tobacco-like scent. No? Yes? I don't recall thinking that it was floral at all, but it's been awhile. I liked it quite a lot, but Mr. LLS (who also liked it), at the time expressed concern about wearing it due to what he thought was a heavy cigarette smoke/tobacco presence. He was normally trying to cover up the smell of cigarette smoke or tobacco on himself, and he felt like Tabac Original was the resulting scent of someone who applied a heavy cologne over tobacco -- to cover it. I've never worn it. I would have to re-sniff and skin-test it to decide if I would ever wear it, however.

I have a feeling I am becoming inured to certain notes... tobacco and citrus are among them. Guerlain Vetiver used to have a prominent tobacco note to me and now I can't pick it up. Et alors!
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

I'm surprised you were "ribbed" when you mentioned wearing women's Safari! I had a mini parfum of that one and found it not overly floral, woody and quite fougere in character. I personally don't see why a man couldn't carry it off.

Can't help you with the Tabac Original as I've never sampled it, but I would say- wear what you like.
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!