Code of Conduct

Default Futur by Robert Piguet

I found a mini of this fragrance on ebay, and have been curious about it, but don't know whether it's worth purchasing.
    I asked the seller if it was still wearable. She said she usually sells these vintage minis as collectibles, not as usable scents. She didn't know whether it had turned or not - she wouldn't wear it as it smelled tobacooy/woody, - she thought it smelled bad!
    The seller didn't know if it had GONE bad, or was just an evil scent in general [smiley=evil.gif]

Is this fragrance rare enough I should pick this up? I wouldn't mind sending this bottle along to someone else after sampling (unless it turns into an HG, in which case I would bemoan my sorry state). I just want to sample a piece of history... I don't even care if I find it vile.

MJH

Default Re: Futur by Robert Piguet

I've managed to aqcuire samples or bottles of several vintage Piguet scents:
    Futur, Baghari, Cravache, Visa. The problem is that the original Piguet line
    has been out of production for a long time. Bandit and Fracas are modern revivals.
    I just dug my bottle of Futur out of storage, and it's definitely begun to turn, but
    I can still recognize the sharp green chypre underneath. I think it's one of those
    scents (like Nombre Noir) that's been immortalized by Luca Turin's comments, but
    may not live up to the raves. Then again, I'm sure he smelled the scents when
    they were still fresh, and that's something most of us will never have a chance to do.

If you'd like to try a sample from my bottle instead of buying a mini on eBay, just let me know.

I have a tiny sample of Futur in parfum. A rich deep gold colour. Yes it is a chypre but very classic think Caleche in style.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by MJH

If you'd like to try a sample from my bottle instead of buying a mini on eBay, just let me know.
    I couldn't help myself ... I bid on the mini.
    A chyre, huh?...Caleche is good. I actually had no hopes I was going to like this frag and didn't realize Luca Turin was a proponent (that man can write - I just love reading his stuff, though IMHO we have some noses here whose descriptions can make you weep!).
    And the offer - if I don't win, I may ask to sniff on your bottle.

I don't know why I even have a desire to try discontinued scents - if it turns out to be my H.G., what in the world am I going to do besides suffer? [smiley=lolk.gif]