Code of Conduct

Thread: Hypnotic Poison

Default Hypnotic Poison

Hi, I would like to know your opinion about Hypnotic Poison. I discovered this scent only some months ago, and suddendly last week it came back to mind, and I had to have it! I completely love it! In this scent, I don't detect the different notes, but I smell it and feel it as a unity very well balanced. Often people seem to say it's strong, but for me it's the contrary, it's very soft but very addictive.

And for you?

Val
    If you were to say to the grown-ups: “I saw a beautiful house made of rosy brick, with geraniums in the windows and doves on the roof,” they would not be able to get an idea of that house at all. You have have to say to them: “I saw a house that cost $20,000.” Then they would exclaim: “Oh, what a pretty house that is!”

(extract from "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

Think about it...

Overcome By Fumes

Default Re: Hypnotic Poison

Its very subtle and sweet to my nose. I get notes of vanilla, sassafras, apple, cream...not overbearing, but close to the skin. It's really too sweet for me, but on some people it is really nice.

Hypnotic is the only Poison I truly care for. I did not get the point of the first one, but when hypnotic came out I loved the ads so much that I thought I would try it just for fun. Well I loved it and wore it for an entire winter theatre season..it was grand. I wore a lot of great old glass beads, Schiaparelli, Carnegie, and of course DIOR, that season too!

You can't go wrong with this one. Gourmand? Yes -- almond cookies fresh and hot out of the oven. Tart? Yes -- cranberries in its own juice. Hypnotic? Very much so, deep and mesmerizing, like a bottle of witch's potion. Well, and I like all the Poisons (except for the latest one, perhaps).

Causes headaches in some and deeper than life devotion in others. Go figure!

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you.
    I had this fragrance years ago and was completely in love with it at first. I used to drench myself in the scent, I just couldn't get enough of it. Then suddenly I went off it, so I gave it a long break then tried again. I'm sorry but it now makes me feel sick, I just can't wear it. I have half a bottle that's been in the cupboard for a few years. Every so I often I spray some on a card but it is still making me sick. I wish I could love it again. I've never been a fan of any of the other Poisons but I've had my addicted phases with Addict, Dolce Vita and Dune. Dioressence is worth checking out also.

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by Timberwolf
    Causes headaches in some and deeper than life devotion in others.
    I think you're right -- can't seem to find any stradlers on the Hypnotic Poison fence. I've loved it since I first smelled it in 2003. I wore it quite a bit back then and very often at bedtime. It's now one I consider to be a "darkside" fragrance -- sexy, mysterious, captivating (if not over-applied).

MJH

The notes for Hypnotic Poison sound wonderful.......on paper....but not on my me.
    I love the bottle and was prepared to love the juice, but it never really settled well on my skin. It also seems to have the odd characteristic of being very soft-smelling, yet very pervasive and persistent.

I'm actually one of the "straddlers" when it comes to HP. Sometimes it hits the spot, and other times it's just, "Ehhh." I find I like Trouble much better for some reason- it's somewhat similar but I find it more wearable. That's not to say that HP isn't a nice perfume, but "nice" is sometimes all I feel about it and I like my perfumes to really make me feel SOMETHING BIG.
    Respond intelligently even to unintelligent treatment.
    - Lao Tzu

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by Artisankey
    I'm actually one of the "straddlers" when it comes to HP.
    I stand corrected -- as to commentary and spelling. [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif]

I tried this one a while back. Great if you love that "holiday cookies" smell!! It wasn't bad on me. FAR less cloying than LeMale by JPG and Pi by Givenchy. Unisex scent IMHO. It was nice but not one that's on the "gottahavit" list for me.

Hi,
    Thanks for your answers. It's funny, because I wanted to know also the opinions of foreign users so I searched on french message boards what's they wrote about it. Here in Europe, Hypnotic seems to be a very sexy perfume, as the ad suggest. But I don't know if the "cookies out of the oven" smell is considered as sexy

Val
    If you were to say to the grown-ups: “I saw a beautiful house made of rosy brick, with geraniums in the windows and doves on the roof,” they would not be able to get an idea of that house at all. You have have to say to them: “I saw a house that cost $20,000.” Then they would exclaim: “Oh, what a pretty house that is!”

(extract from "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

Think about it...

I may be European, but I'm one of those who gets an instant and enormous headache from HP. Sexy? NOOO! [smiley=angry.gif]

This used to be my "big-night-in-the-town-fragrance" I loved it.. and have used up 3 big bottles of it.. including ht eshimmering body lotion. It is the only scent I have ever gotten compliments on, i have caused several female friends to buy it, and a male friend once said that if he was ever getting married.. his wife should wear HP on their wedding night.. and he would not marry her if it didn´t smell the same on her that it did on me. So.. you see.. a huge success on this one. AND very sexy. [smiley=happy.gif] But now.. i don´t know.. it makes my head feel big and warm.. not head-achy.. just a weird uncomfortable feeling. I haven´t been able to wear it for more than a year. [smiley=cry.gif]I still have it though.. I can´t bear to get rid of it.. maybe some day i will be able to wear it again.. [smiley=huh.gif]

Same experience - first wonderful, always inhalating it. Then - after a half year - very overpowering and making headache, too sweet. It's a pity.