Code of Conduct

Default Info: Trussardi Donna 1984

Hi,
    This is probably my first time posting in the women's board (I think; I might have in the past but I'm not sure).

Anyway, I would like to know if anyone has any information about the first Trussardi fragrance for women from 1984; it's the one with the bottle wrapped in white leather.
    I have heard all sorts of descriptions about it from being a floral aldehydic to dry woods so I'm a little confused. I also read about it being similar to Coriandre and Cabochard.

Does anyone own and wear it?
    How would you describe it and what is it similar to?

Please let me know if you have any info. Thanks in advance for the help.

Ladylonestar

Default Re: Info: Trussardi Donna 1984

I have the Trussardi "Classic" -- the one in the white lizard-like skin with the leather greyhound logo on front. It's another that I love but rarely wear, though I wore it quite a bit last year. I'd call it a chypre, and I'd call it a fresh, clean, crisp chypre -- very smooth, not too green, not too mossy, not too floral -- not "too" anything really, just a nice blend though it does lean to the floral side (and yet not at all too feminine). Perhaps it's somewhat like Cabochard, but the leather in Trussardi Classic is barely discernible to my nose, unlike Cabochard, and it's much sweeter than Cabochard, I think. It has a pleasant almost fruity sweetness for a short while and very obvious rose and geranium at the heart. I haven't done a side-by-side to either Cabochard or Coriandre, and I haven't worn Coriandre in a long time so I can't really address how it compares to Trussardi, and I'm just going by olfactory memory with Cabochard. I find the Trussardi fairly straightforward as it doesn't really go through much change from start to finish on my skin, yet it's a very interesting fragrance.

Thanks for the info Ladylonestar; I really appreciate it. I found a tester in one of the shops in the city so I managed to get a sniff of it at last after wondering for so long. I know what you mean by classic chypre. Unfortunately it's not very exciting to me but the bottle looks great.

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by yutori
    ... the bottle looks great.
    Yes, the bottle is fabulous. For some reason the bottle, and somewhat the fragrance itself, churn up images of Karen Blixen/Isak Dinesen and Africa. I've no idea why. [smiley=huh.gif]

Now that you mention it, the bottle is reminescent of Africa; must be the ivory-white animal-leather. I can't say the same about the fragrance because the only scent that reminds me of Africa is this honeysuckle-jasmine bath soap I used during my stay at the Palace Hotel, South Africa.