Code of Conduct

Default light romantic night scent

Here's a list of ones that I lean towards as favorites:

Day: Datura Noir by Serge Lutens, Eau de Merveilles by Hermes, Almond Amour by Nina Ricci, Jardin de Mediterranean by Hermes. I like Tilluel by D'Orsay and Loukhoum by Keiko once in a while.

My fun random scents: Costume National's Scent, Rock Water (used frequently). I think my heaviest rich scent that I like is probably Miel de Bois from Serge Lutens.

Any recommendations for a nice sultry night scent according to my list??

Default Re: light romantic night scent

Haley! Welcome to Basenotes!

Just wanted to let everyone know this is a very close friend of mine. We've known eachother for a many years. I've been sending her fragrances and samples that I think she'd like, but my wardrobe has been catered to my own personal tastes, so it's not the easiest task.

Its not exactly light, but Chergui is a wonderful night time / romantic fragrance. I'll send a sample. There are also quite a few fragrances in the Bond #9 line that are light, but suitable for night time romantic use. Claire de Musc by Serge Lutens is a light musc fragrance that can be worn anytime, and can be wonderful at night.

Light generally isn't mutually exclusive with romantic and night, but they are out there. Light isn't really my forte, so hopefully the wonderful basenotes community will be able to help.

Ladylonestar

Hi, Halologist. Welcome to Basenotes. [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

As for light, romantic night scents -- hmm... I normally wear heavier fragrances at night, but I think Sensi would qualify as a light, romantic night scent, as would Angelique Encens. If applied lightly -- Misuki and Must de Cartier, Shalimar Light, No. 22, MPG George Sand. I'm sure there are many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylonestar
    Hi, Halologist. Welcome to Basenotes. [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

As for light, romantic night scents -- hmm... I normally wear heavier fragrances at night, but I think Sensi would qualify as a light, romantic night scent, as would Angelique Encens. If applied lightly -- Misuki and Must de Cartier, Shalimar Light, No. 22, MPG George Sand. I'm sure there are many more.

Thanks, ladylonestar, I will check out the notes of each you suggested online and see which appeals to me. Thanks to you too Julian ;-), I can't wait to try the Chergui.

Greetings and welcome Halologist! Any friend of IPaid's is...well you know the rest [smiley=cheesy.gif]

Can't really add to the advice you've already been given; these two know far far more than I. Just wanted to say - you're gettin' good advice!

Hope you like it here.

Welcome! I hope you don't find your stay too neurotic!

summer means fireflys

I wanted to say hello, too. I'm pretty new at Basenotes, myself.

I think you will love Chergui! It's one of my favorites. Looking at my collection, I don't really have a lot of light stuff and the light stuff I do have, I don't always consider "romantic." Maybe try Dolce Vita, Herve Leger, or Etro Heliotrope? And Shalimar Light, which has been mentioned.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Hey there Halogolist and welcome! Get ready to exercise some plastic

I'd like to add Vol de Nuit and Chamade to your sultry scent list. They're not overwhelming and are simply wonderful. I think Diva is very sexy, too.
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West

It's funny....I don't usually put romantic and light together. I associate heavier fragrances with romantic and I guess I shouldn't do that. Anyway....today I have on Fifi Chachnil and it's light and romantic I think.....Where do ya get this anyhow?

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by glorious1
    It's funny....I don't usually put romantic and light together. *I associate heavier fragrances with romantic and I guess I shouldn't do that. *Anyway....today I have on Fifi Chachnil and it's light and romantic I think.....
    Hey, Glo! I almost mentioned Fifi Chachnil myself. I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by glorious1
    Where do ya get this anyhow?
    That's a very good question because I want some, too! I did find one bottle of it several months ago at Saks here in Houston, but I didn't buy it. I think I'll give them a call now and see if they still have it.

Thank you all.. I've added all those to my list to check out.. and Julian is sending me some samples soon.. like George Sand and Chergui.. He is my only source and we're having a lot of fun exploring together, right hon?

Julian relayed to me what you said and, ladylonestar-- don't worry.. this was a great welcome and it was most helpful, too. I will try to participate more but I feel like such an amateur next to you guys. I'll try to over-come that unnecessary intimidation!

Quote Originally Posted by halologist
    Thank you all.. I've added all those to my list to check out.. and Julian is sending me some samples soon.. like George Sand and Chergui.. He is my only source and we're having a lot of fun exploring together, right hon?
    [smiley=bath.gif]

You'll be getting a new package any day. It's too bad we don't live closer, eh?

We will soon-- Los Angeles, Juk!

[smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

Amarige Givenchy imho

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by halologist
    ... I will try to participate more but I feel like such an amateur next to you guys. I'll try to over-come that unnecessary intimidation!
    There's nothing to fear except... (you know the rest [smiley=wink.gif]). Join us every chance you get! [smiley=beer.gif]

I too consider myself a rank amateur but with the kind assistance of people here I am much less intimidated to explore and learn about different scents.

After getting Eau des Merveilles for my wife as a day scent, and finding that she enjoyed this tremendously I recently got for her Caron's Parfum Sacre.

I don't know if you might consider this sultry but as a light, powdery evening scent it is exquisitely beguiling.

Cheers.

You've received some great suggestions but I just wanted to say "Hi!" [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]
    "Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see." -Benjamin Franklin