Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New: "MyQueen" by Alexander McQueen.

Cosmeticnews.com

Gucci Group’s YSL Beauté is seeking to extend its emerging Alexander McQueen designer brand to a larger audience with the launch of a second fragrance, MyQueen, this fall. Although the women’s EdP line will still be tightly distributed in 4,000 doors worldwide, the scent is hoped to gain a wider appeal, proffering a new concept visually and slightly more accessible positioning than the brand’s first fragrance, debuted in 2003.

“Kingdom was the first statement,” YSL Beauté senior vice president Classic and Designer Brands James Ragsdale explains. “The two fragrances represent two very different facets. Kingdom is more elitist and intimate for the sophisticated consumer. MyQueen is a more luminous fragrance and more accessible.”

MyQueen is intended to embody the multi-faceted nature of McQueen’s designs and the women he envisions. The fragrance has been developed around four, instead of three olfactory levels, signed Anne Flipo and Dominique Ropion of IFF. Suave notes of sweet almond and violet open the scent, which settle into an accord of orange flower absolute, white musk, heliotrope and white flowers. This leads to notes of patchouli, cedar and vetiver ending on iris and vanilla accords.

The company commissioned Baccarat designer Thomas Bastide, under the artistic direction of McQueen, to design the violet-colored cut bottle, inspired by French haute crystallerie.

The press advertising campaign, picturing a blond model, the Queen, seated in a mysterious setting, was directed by Nick Knight. “The Queen is a vision of empowerment. It is meant to be a lasting portrait of a woman in my mind,” McQueen explains.

The line comprises three EdPs (prices: €42, 35ml; €58, 50ml; €78, 100ml), a perfume priced at €155 (15ml) and a 200ml body lotion selling for €35.

MyQueen will launch in selected outlets in Paris, France and in US department stores Nordstrom and Bergdorf Goodman in September and will roll out worldwide on October 1.

Naomi Marcoulet

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New: "MyQueen" by Alexander McQueen.

This sounds awesome and the bottle looks like a work of art too. Somehow, i dont think My Queen will be quite as cutting edge as Kingdom was. I think this will be a very "safe" scent.
    Awesomeguy

Ladylonestar

“Kingdom was the first statement,” YSL Beauté senior vice president Classic and Designer Brands James Ragsdale explains. “The two fragrances represent two very different facets. Kingdom is more elitist and intimate for the sophisticated consumer. MyQueen is a more luminous fragrance and more accessible.”
    And so... those who don't care for Kingdom are ... what? Common and unsophisticated, I guess, so we all get MyQueen. [smiley=cheesy.gif] Oh, well. It actually sounds fascinating to me: Suave notes of sweet almond and violet open the scent, which settle into an accord of orange flower absolute, white musk, heliotrope and white flowers. This leads to notes of patchouli, cedar and vetiver ending on iris and vanilla accords. Sweet and powdery maybe?

Are we now seeing a packaging trend away from pinks and more toward purples, lavenders, violets? Sure seems like it to me. Not that I'm complaining; I like it. Just wondering. [smiley=happy.gif]

Post Thanks / Like

My top priority fall releases list is now the following:
    -Alien.
    -MyQueen.
    -Dior Homme.
    -Chanel Allure Sensuelle.
    -Gaultier².
    -Black XS.

and the new Serge Lutens...

MJH

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylonestar
    And so... those who don't care for Kingdom are ... what? Common and unsophisticated, I guess, so we all get MyQueen. [smiley=cheesy.gif]
    Funny, I was thinking something similar! [smiley=huh.gif] "Hmm, how do I feel today?: elitist? sophisticated?....naw, I'm feeling luminous and accessible."

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylonestar
    Oh, well. It actually sounds fascinating to me: Suave notes of sweet almond and violet open the scent, which settle into an accord of orange flower absolute, white musk, heliotrope and white flowers. This leads to notes of patchouli, cedar and vetiver ending on iris and vanilla accords. Sweet and powdery maybe?
    I think the notes sound promising, too, and I love the bottle.

Thanks, Cedric!

Quote Originally Posted by MJH
    "Hmm, how do I feel today?: elitist? sophisticated?....naw, I'm feeling luminous and accessible."
    So why don't you come over and kiss me, you sexy thing!

You're absolutely right, Ladylonestar: purple is this season's new pink.

http://www.brothersgibb.org/weareone...dame-edna1.jpg
    Lovesick the wind that carries it