Code of Conduct

Default Need your help - where to buy Egyptian Musk

I've been enjoying perfume oils lately and have decided that I really love the musk oils - China Rain, Vanilla Musk, etc. I decided to try Egyptian Musk, ordered a small amount of it from a couple of places, and ended up terribly disappointed by its weakness and lack of longevity. Any suggestions as to where I could find a strong like bull, industrial strength version of this wonderful scent? The two online shops that I ordered from are quite reputable, but the scent faded and left in 30 seconds.
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West

Default Re: Need your help - where to buy Egyptian Musk

Which ones have you tried? I've heard that Attar Bazaar's is very strong. I ordered and am waiting for Egyptian Goddess by Auric Blends. Have you tried that?

Ladylonestar

Yeah, gimme some strong like bull Egyptian Musk, too! [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=shocked.gif]

Loney, you'll be the first to know when I find it [smiley=wink.gif] [smiley=wink.gif] I went by the Smell This blog and ordered some from Body Time. It was very weak and I could hardly smell it. I ordered 1/4 oz. from Common Scents, which was much better and lasted a little longer. Then, while I was buying some almond oil to dilute the fragrance oils that I'd ordered online, a sales clerk recommended a roll-on labeled Egyptian Goddess, which seemed the longest lasting of all three.

I know Egyptian Musk is supposed to be light but not that light and fleeting. So, Hound, I'm on a quest. [smiley=undecided.gif] Thanks for the recommendation.

That Attar Bazaar is STRONG stuff. I have a tiny bit of the amber and woah! I'll put that up against SL any time. I don't have any of their Egyptian Musk though.

Fufu, I have Attar's Egyptian Musk and Sweet Musk. Probably have more sillage than I realize as they are both a very "clear" scent. One of my favorites is EM by Ava Luxe (they're on vacation until July 1). Both lines are quite inexpensive, so I'd try samples of both. All three scents are absolutely delicous.

JAG

I have found Sweetcakes to have a great Egyptian Musk.................

Thanks for the great suggestions, everyone. [smiley=dankk2.gif] Chardkay, I have an order in at Sweetcakes for several of their oils, including Egyptian Musk. According to their info, they need to be diluted, so I picked up some almond oil to mix 'em with.

I will definitely check out Attar's oils and if they're too potent, mix 'em with a little almond or jojoba oil.