Code of Conduct

Thread: keiko mecheri

Default keiko mecheri

Does anyone have any opinions on Keiko Mecheri's fragrances. I tend to give away samples that I get when I purchase fragrances, but thank goodness I saved this one for myself. The one I received is called White Petals - terrible name, fabulous fragrance. I'm now trying to restrain myself from buying the full sized bottle - for the time being at least.

I've looked on the website, and several others sound divine too. Can anyone give me any feedback? thanks.

Default Re: keiko mecheri

Annickaddict,

I have Loukhoum, a soft almond/cherry/vanilla scent (my description), which has been compared to Serge Lutens' Rahat Loukhoum. Delicate, but powerful, with a powdery drydown. I also have Oliban, a beautiful incense fragrance with no floral tones. If cost was not an issue, I would have several more.

JAG

Ladylonestar

With a number of the KMs already sampled and a few left to sample, I really only have two that I would consider purchasing at this point -- Scarlett and Myrrhe & Merveilles. But I plan to resample all those I've sampled and sample all those I haven't (huh?), so I may end up loving too many of them! [smiley=wink.gif]

I have and love Loukhoum (cuddly comfy scent, very powdery, perfect for sweet dreams) and A Fleur de Peau (leather and jasmin - PHWOARGH!). I also like Patchoulissime.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

I have and love hanae.. very crisp orangey light musc:
    "white petals, Japanese grapefruit (yuzu), wildberries, crystalline musk"

I believe I liked the White Petals too. I think her Jasmine is nice as well- although not very long lasting. The others in the line I'm not so crazy about.
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!

I purchased a decant from Parallax on ebay of Myrrhe & Merveilles. I like it but don't know that I'd buy a bottle. Most of KM's I like but when I wear them they are a little over the top sweet or powdery for my nose. Don't know what it is......??

MJH

So far, I've only sampled A Fleur de Peau and Bois de Santal. I thought Bois de Santal was 'nice' but far too one-dimensional and evanescent for the price. A Fleur de Peau, on the other hand, was complex, long-lasting and interesting, but it kept reminding me less of leather and more of Nag Champa incense, which I like, but can get from my local South Asian import shop.

I am stalking this house and am ordering several samples from Luckyscent. I am hearing lots of comparisons to SL in terms of quality of ingredients, listing as gender neutral, and similaraities in some of the compositions (Violet/Genie, Louve/Loukome). There aren't a whole lot of reviews on Basenotes. I wonder why this house is not getting more feedback here? I'll just have to sniff for myself.
    ~Grenouille knew for certain that unless he possesed this scent, his life would have no meaning.~
    Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

I agree, LL-
    There are several that echo SL's.
    Genie des Bois- very like FdeB; Myrrhe et Merveilles- La Myrrhe; Fleur de Peau- Cuir Mauresque...
    Gourmandises is another lovely, jammy, saffron-y rose.

The key to success with these is in EASE of application- lightly, gently !
    The sillage is monster, longevity, too.

Pricewise, I don't think they are nearly as outrageous as many others- and they last a loooong time.

I have and ADORE - LOUKHOUM - works best for me of all the loukhoums (SL, Ava Luxe come to mind...) I've sampled....lotsa cherries and almonds for me. A great guy magnet and bed companion!!!

But I'm a relative newie and in my own unorganized way am working through various categories....
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    I have and ADORE - LOUKHOUM - works best for me of all the loukhoums (SL, Ava Luxe come to mind...) I've sampled....lotsa cherries and almonds for me. A great guy magnet and bed companion!!!

But I'm a relative newie and in my own unorganized way am working through various categories....
    Oh, that's a nice one I agree, but I was told I smelt like I just smoked a cigar the last time I wore it...which was a really long time ago. Something very similar but way better IMO is Montale's Sweet Oriental Dream.

Also, Oliban in the line is another really good one....

White petals is one of the best floral fragrances around! I love it! Got a sample quite by chance ( I had previously blind bought KM Jasmine and didn't care for it ) so my expectations were at about zero. Boy was I suprised! White Petals is one frag I would definitely shell out the dollars to purchase!!! As I remember, it was very fresh, well blended, top quality juice!!! The other one I stumbled upon is KM Peau de Peche - for me, it was the finest white peach based scent I've ever smelled. It out-performs Goutals Petit Cherie by a mile!

Quote Originally Posted by lookingglass View Post
    I am stalking this house and am ordering several samples from Luckyscent. I am hearing lots of comparisons to SL in terms of quality of ingredients, listing as gender neutral, and similaraities in some of the compositions (Violet/Genie, Louve/Loukome). There aren't a whole lot of reviews on Basenotes. I wonder why this house is not getting more feedback here? I'll just have to sniff for myself.

my opinion the KM scents are pale copycats in comparaison, copying the Lutens olfactory themes and their ingredients quality is inferior too.

I like Osmanthus, these are the notes according to LS: Japanese golden osmanthus, white datura, tuberose, green notes
    Last edited by beachroses; 8th February 2008 at 02:01 AM.

I have Oliban....One of the masculine scents(to me anyway). I like this alot....my Wife thought that it was OK.....I have so many that She prefers....So I just wear this every now and then.
    Gary

I adore Loukhoum. Like Taolady, it's the best of it's "genre" for me. Even though I'm a big Serge Lutens fan, I have to say KM's Loukhoum is much better than Rahat Loukoum. I've sampled A Fleur de Peau and was very impressed, but will stick with my SL Cuir Mauresque. There are a number of others that I'd like to try, as well.
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood

I agree with Tao and Pellen. KM's Loukhoum is my favorite among the Loukhoum scents I have tested and a favorite bedtime scent as well. I am also partial to SL Rahat Loukoum, which is more earthy and cherry orchard on me as distinguished from KM's powdery vanilla/musk drydown. I find them different enough to own both.

A Fleur de Peau bears a striking resemblance to Cuir Muaresque; however, I prefer the later. I admit I am biased towards SL.

Other Keiko Mecheri favorties include Gourmandises, Scarlett, Oliban, Musc, and Jasmine.

I have several Loukhoums, for several reasons; i think that there's room in our fragrant world for LOTS of variety.
    No shame in liking both, either, or none [ SL - KM].

I own Loukhoum and love it. I have tired Gourmandises and I also like that one a lot . There are many others I would like to try and reading all of the comments has reignited my interest in KM frags.

I like Loukhoum too.

I really enjoy Bois de Santal. It's a very simple and linear fragrance of woods, osmanthus, and ambergris/musk, but I find it so uplifting and soothing.

KM's Osmanthus is another one that echoes a Serge Lutens, Datura Noir. It's a bit more streamlined than DN, and I actually find it easier to wear. But I've also wondered how we are supposed to take these--not as dupes obviously, but as homages to Serge Lutens? Or complete coincidence? It just seems like an odd tactic for a perfume house to take. In any case, they are certainly more affordable.

I don't know what chemicals SL uses in their base, but I cannot wear that line. I don't have any problems with natural ingredients, so it must be fixatives, sunscreens or something. Copies or no copies, I don't have that problem with KM.