Code of Conduct

Default my latest discovery

Hi everyone,

What a nice message board! It's always a pleasure to read you. I usually stay quiet because I don't know the majority of the scents you talk about, but today I've decided to post to share with you my latest surprising discovery in perfumes; I've not discovered the latest trendy scent, on the contrary. It appeared some years ago, but its notes are not "old" for me.

I've discovered a sumptuous perfume which to me is quite different, and evokes a sunny day, nature, sweetness and elegance. I see an elegant woman, happy in life with a sensuous smiling husband, she has also an interesting work, and she is now ready to magnify her family with beautiful children.

This perfumes makes her confident in life and proves she is this person: a beautiful woman who loves and is loved for what she really is.

This perfume belonged to a woman, and she made it public... How lucky are now the women who have enjoyed to wear it.

I haven't yet made it "mine" but I hope it will be soon... Maybe I like this perfume because I need a new one to celebrate my new life (my wedding next month), and in this case this perfume has positively impressed me. And I've just realised that the initials of the perfumes are the same as my husband's ones. A sign!

Thank you to Estée Lauder for your "Private Collection".

---------

I have a question for you: do you know if there are a bath line products of Private Collection? On Estée Lauder's website, I see only a body lotion. I've also noted on several websites that there is a frosted glass bottle, but don't see it on official website. Any idea what's this frosted bottle?

Thanks.

Val
    If you were to say to the grown-ups: “I saw a beautiful house made of rosy brick, with geraniums in the windows and doves on the roof,” they would not be able to get an idea of that house at all. You have have to say to them: “I saw a house that cost $20,000.” Then they would exclaim: “Oh, what a pretty house that is!”

(extract from "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

Think about it...

Default Re: my latest discovery

Welcome to the board!

The frosted glass bottle is the old "Eau de Private Collection", that is when they introduced PC as an eau de parfum. The clear bottle spray they sell now is said to be pure perfume.

Welcome to our community Valnum!

The body lotion is very rich and does not create dissonance with the smell of the fragrance. And I love Private Collection too! The best for autumn when the leaves on the ground blend with your perfume and you smell dark liquid buckwheat honey in the drydown. Enjoy your discovery.

Oh yes, I am modifying after reading SotD thread. LadyL is wearing it today as her scent of the day and might tell you more about it. ;-)

Ladylonestar

Welcome, Valnum! I can't believe this! I posted to Scent of the Day before reading your thread, and today I'm wearing Private Collection. [smiley=shocked.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] This has been a favorite of mine for years. I don't know if EL still makes the body powder or body creme though you can still find them on ebay from time to time. There was a frosted bottle Private Collection at one time -- I believe mine said "Parfum Cologne", but it might have said "Eau de Private Collection" -- I don't remember. But I do have the Private Collection Parfum Cologne in splash-on. My clear bottle says Pure Fragrance Spray. Estee Super Cologne Spray comes in frosted bottle and the Pure Fragrance comes in the clear bottle.

Welcome valnum! Sure hope to hear more from you, so by all means visit us more often.

I can't answer your questions on Private Collection but sure enjoyed your review of it. Don't be a stranger!
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West

Welcome!
    I love Private Collection....I bid on some powder on ebay last week. I lost the bid but it ended up selling for $67 American dollars not including the shipping from England. It's scarce as "hen's teeth" and if you do find it...it's expensive. BAD decision IMHO of Lauder to discontinue that. It was SOOOOO divine.

Hello everyone and thank your for your answers!
    Yes I saw on ebay the PC powder and yes seemed too expensive! You have to pay attention because it could be more expensive than to buy in stores near you... But often for me it is impossible to buy in local stores, they seem to show only the new perfumes and not to have the "classic" ones...
    Why don't they build BIGGER stores? *[smiley=grin.gif]

Val
    If you were to say to the grown-ups: “I saw a beautiful house made of rosy brick, with geraniums in the windows and doves on the roof,” they would not be able to get an idea of that house at all. You have have to say to them: “I saw a house that cost $20,000.” Then they would exclaim: “Oh, what a pretty house that is!”

(extract from "The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

Think about it...