Code of Conduct

Default Kingdom or Ormonde Jayne parfum

Hello all. <naÔve question alert>
    Iím lucky enough to have a birthday coming along. My fragrances are currently all in EDP formula, Iíve never owned anything stronger and am somewhat intrigued by those tiny potent bottles. Iím thinking about asking for the Parfum version of either Kingdom, or Ormonde Jayneís Frangipani or Champaca, all of which I love in edp. Can anyone tell me how the parfums compare to the EDP? Is neat Kingdom simply too powerful to contemplate, or is it more of what I love?
    Thankyou.

Default Re: Kingdom or Ormonde Jayne parfum

I have smelt Kingdom in parfum,when it was released they used the parfum as a tester. Well in my local department store. It is richer of course but not so big on the
    cummin.

Linda of Ormonde Jayne will tell you to approach her parfums with caution. I was going to buy the Ormonde in parfum and she actually talked me out of it,telling me it was too poton for everyday wear.
    DONNA

That's the opposite way round to what I imagined! Thankyou *[smiley=smiley.gif]

WOW!!
    Can anybody recommend Ormonde Jayne faves? I haven't tried any of them.

Ormonde is my favourite, also love Frangipani Absolute.

You can order samples of the whole line from http://www.ormondejayne.com/
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darŁber muss man schreiben."

Glo, you must order the sample set! It's really worth the money. All of the scents are beautifully crafted, even the ones I don't like and I can't say that about many other perfume lines. Ormonde is my absolute favorite.

My favourite Ormonde Jayne is Ta'if. I have the EDP and never tried anything from her in parfum strength.
    My other favourites after Ta'if are Ormonde (for women), and Champaca. Frangipanni is nice too but does not work very well for me. It's a bit too much of a heady floral.

I bought the Ormonde Jayne sample set and have been enjoying it very much. Like Perfume_Hound_Dog says, they are all special, although some work better with me than others. I was surprised by how much I love the Frangipane especially as I had a big falling out with florals earlier this year. Champaca is delicious and snuggly. Ormonde seems a bit "dusty" on me but the only one that I struggled with were Tolu and Osmanthus, although I will be trying them again. I think I will be requesting either the Kingdom parfum or the EDP of one of the Ormonde Jaynes.

MJH

Quote Originally Posted by Perfume_Hound_Dog
    Glo, you must order the sample set! It's really worth the money. All of the scents are beautifully crafted, even the ones I don't like and I can't say that about many other perfume lines. Ormonde is my absolute favorite.
    Big Ditto to the Hound! The sample set is beautifully presented and worth every penny, and I have an enormous appreciation for artisanal perfumers who make their products available through direct Internet sales (Frederic Malle is another good example). The biggest problem is deciding which ones to order full size: my fave is the original Ormonde (in preference to the later Ormonde for Men). Her fragrances are very rich with fragrance oils and have the most amazing sillage, but most people (including me) notice that it's not immediate love: you may have to wear one of the scents two or three times before they finally win you over.

I'm with Ayala...
    The Ta'if is superb!! as is the Ormonde Men ;the middle pairing of oud and black hemlock is lovely!

m.