Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default SSD III Sunday 12 June Aprs l'Onde

The finals poll was a thriller but finally Aprs l'Onde won the race by a two-vote nose! [smiley=smiley.gif]

What could be a better choice for a summer Sunday than Aprs l'Onde? I almost hope that there will a rainpour in the morning... [smiley=wink.gif]

Anybody willing and able to join our 3rd Scent Synchronization Day is more than welcome. [smiley=happy.gif]See you on Sunday! [smiley=cheesy.gif]
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darber muss man schreiben."

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: SSD III Sunday 12 June Aprs l'Onde

Thanks Tiggy I will be there.
    DONNA

Excellent choice [smiley=happy.gif]

Ladylonestar

I'll see you on Sunday, too! Thanks to RedRazz I have some Apres l'Ondee to wear! I've dabbed 'n sniffed already (yummers!) but I'll give it a full spin on Sunday. [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

RedRazz -- I sent you a PM to thank you but if you didn't get it, MANY THANKS for the Apres l'Ondee and all the other wonderful decants that I look forward to sampling! [smiley=kiss.gif]

You're quite welcome! I did get your message...it just took me a while to figure out how to read the full message and reply. I too will be resplendent in Apres l'Ondee on Sunday.

HEY! This sounds great as I really haven't given Apres L'Ondee a run for it's money! I did just receive a little bit of the real parfum from somebody who felt sorry for me about the EMPTY bottle I purchased. (FYI it's for sale on ebay now..but don't buy it cause it's empty!) I look forward to joining my sisters and brother's in scent on Sun.

Hi Tigs...I'll play...Apres it is!!

michael (the heliotrope addict)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What a pleasure to read your enthusiastic posts! And this is merely after picking the SSD scent, can't wait to get to Sunday and read your Aprs l'Onde musings. [smiley=happy.gif]

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The Scent Synchronization Day III has started! [smiley=cheesy.gif]

Just as I hoped there was a heavy rain last night but now we have a bright, sunny Sunday morning here in Helsinki. [smiley=smiley.gif] I just sprayed on Aprs l'Onde and am marveling at its beauty. What a dreamy, ethereal, cool breeze it is! Maybe Les Sylphides smell like this? [smiley=kiss.gif]

Enjoy SSD III! [smiley=happy.gif]

Looking forward to reading your Aprs l'Onde musings! [smiley=smiley.gif]

Post Thanks / Like

Apres l'Ondee was my great blind buy. My local department store did not sell it and kept telling me it was only from Harrods in London. So I put it from my thoughts and occasionly dreamed about the sound of the notes. Suddenly one day at a Guerlain talk the area manager said yes of course any Guerlain counter order it for me. So I placed my order and waited,then was told the store were unable to get it!!!! I wrote a letter,yes I wrote to the manager of the store in outrage. Guerlain had no problem with my order only the department store,and it worked!! I was contacted and told my fragrance had arrived the edt. I actually had butterflies in my stomach standing at the counter. LOL I had to open it straight away and spray. Love at first sniff what a classic should be.

With the edt on first spray I get the aniseed heliotrope and violet feel. Then far from being cold I find Apres warms on the skin becoming powdery

Finally I was able to obtain parfum!! It is only a refill spray bottle noting fancy but hell I am not a bottle person.

Now the parfum is a different animal. Close to L'Heurs Bleu sisters,you can see where Jacques got his idea for L'Heure in the midst of Apres.

On first spray the parfum is has not heliotrope! There is the aniseed note like the aniseed sweets it zingy on the skin. Violets sweet shy pop their heads up to say Hello. I know the heliotrope is there hidden as that what really gives the feel of L'Heure's dark saddness. Apres is not sad but dusky woodland not on a hot summer day or even an autumn one. Spring when everything is coming back to life after sleeping

One of the great crimes in civilization the discontinuing of the parfum.
    DONNA

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Donna, that made wonderful reading, many thanks for your beautiful post! I remember that I got my Aprs l'Onde sample from you. [smiley=kiss.gif]

Now where are all the other Aprs l'Onde wearers? Still sleeping? [smiley=wink.gif]

MJH

Donna, that was beautiful!

I spritzed on some Aprs l'Onde EdT last night before heading to bed,
    the better to renew my acquaintance with it. I reapplied it after my shower
    this morning, and it's fascinating watching it's development. I've never
    actually worn it during the day before, so it's still new for me. I'll have to
    report back later.

I have been working all day and evening.. and the Apres lOnde is wonderfully comforting. Whenever I get tired.. and need a break.. I get these wonderful little whiffs of this beautiful scent.. which I MUST wear more often..
    A perfect choice

Ladylonestar

I agree, Tig -- "What a dreamy, ethereal, cool breeze it is!" And Donna, you expressed my thoughts and impressions perfectly! I was stunned by Apres l'Ondee's similarity to L'Heure Bleue and comforted by its Guerlain-ness. It's every bit as lovely, only for me far more wearable and enjoyable as I've always struggled with long-term-wearing enjoyment of L'Heure Bleue. Where L'Heure Bleue has always been a joy for me to smell, Apres l'Ondee is an absolute joy to wear -- in a sad sort of way, that is. It still has a melancholic feel to it for me -- a bit of sadness in it -- as several of the Guerlains do. Apres l'Ondee is yet another Guerlain that I can feel its presence and just almost hear its story. A definite must-have, just as I've been hearing for several years now.

Thanks again, Tig, for another fabulous SSD! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Post Thanks / Like

Today I wore Aprs l'Onde edt with a bit of L'Heure Bleue perfume extract as a base.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I have ever smelled this....nearly having an anxiety attack of the perfume kind reading all these beautiful posts about a scent that I can only imagine!

The hunt begins...

marls

Ladylonestar

I know the feeling, Marlen. I've been reading good things about Apres l'Ondee for a couple of years now. I now know what all the fuss is about! [smiley=wink.gif] My enjoyment of it today was made possible by RedRazz, who sent me a decant. Again, many thanks, RedRazz! [smiley=beer.gif]

MJH

Having worn it all day today, I have to report that I realize now why I've never worn it during the day, only the evening: it's so languid and dreamy that I almost didn't leave the house! [smiley=cheesy.gif] When I finally did, I had trouble imagining what I could do that wouldn't break the mood: I headed to the Art Museum. And that's where I made the connection that made sense to me: to the Impressionist paintings of the same era, particularly some of the works of Childe Hassam. The sisterly relationship between Apres l'Ondee and L'Heure Bleue seems clear to me now, too: L'Heure Bleue is the darkening sky before..........and Apres l'Ondee is the morning after.

Post Thanks / Like

Apres L'Ondee for me today too. It has not been raining here for about a week though. And the bottle is almost empty now.

Every time I wear it I keep finding new nuances to this wonderful fragrance (I think I "heard" mimosa today, and last time it was cloves!). Still amazed about how well-composed this fragrance is! Yes, it is powdery with its lovely violets. Yes, it has a rose/jasmine heart. And at the same time it is fresh and deep and long lasting even in EDT form. I have never tried any other variations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Many thanks for participating in SSD III and for your lovely musings on Aprs l'Onde, everyone! [smiley=smiley.gif]

Quote Originally Posted by lille_my
    Apres lOnde is wonderfully comforting. Whenever I get tired.. and need a break.. I get these wonderful little whiffs of this beautiful scent.. which I MUST wear more often..
    My feelings exactly, Lille My!

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylonestar
    Apres l'Ondee is an absolute joy to wear -- in a sad sort of way, that is. It still has a melancholic feel to it for me -- a bit of sadness in it -- as several of the Guerlains do. Apres l'Ondee is yet another Guerlain that I can feel its presence and just almost hear its story.
    I agree, Lady L, all scents created by Jacques Guerlain tell stories.

Quote Originally Posted by cedriceccentric
    Today I wore Aprs l'Onde edt with a bit of L'Heure Bleue perfume extract as a base.
    Now that sounds like a very interesting layering experiment, Cedric! How did it work out?

Quote Originally Posted by scenteur7
    I don't think I have ever smelled this....nearly having an anxiety attack of the perfume kind reading all these beautiful posts about a scent that I can only imagine!
    Marls, you've got to try Aprs l'Onde, good luck for the hunt!

Quote Originally Posted by MJH
    Having worn it all day today, I have to report that I realize now why I've never worn it during the day, only the evening: it's so languid and dreamy that I almost didn't leave the house! [smiley=cheesy.gif] When I finally did, I had trouble imagining what I could do that wouldn't break the mood: I headed to the Art Museum. And that's where I made the connection that made sense to me: to the Impressionist paintings of the same era, particularly some of the works of Childe Hassam. The sisterly relationship between Apres l'Ondee and L'Heure Bleue seems clear to me now, too: L'Heure Bleue is the darkening sky before..........and Apres l'Ondee is the morning after.
    Mark, that was beautiful! L'HB is indeed the dark evening sky and Al'o the pale morning sky. Agree about the Impressionist association, all pre-WWI Guerlains remind of Proust's A la Recherche du Temps Perdu, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberwolf
    Every time I wear it I keep finding new nuances to this wonderful fragrance (I think I "heard" mimosa today, and last time it was cloves!). Still amazed about how well-composed this fragrance is! Yes, it is powdery with its lovely violets. Yes, it has a rose/jasmine heart. And at the same time it is fresh and deep and long lasting even in EDT form. I have never tried any other variations.
    Timberwolf, Al'O is indeed quite a kaleidoscope. Yesterday I noticed that it has a cassia note and brought FM Une Fleur de Cassie to mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylonestar
    Thanks again, Tig, for another fabulous SSD! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
    Thank YOU for participating! [smiley=kiss.gif]

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by MJH
    ... L'Heure Bleue is the darkening sky before..........and Apres l'Ondee is the morning after.
    You took my breath away, Mark. [smiley=shocked.gif]

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I received a sample from a wonderful friend today and am so glad to have had the opportunity to do a test run on this one. My first impression was fresh air and sunshine; crisp, squeaky clean cotton. It's a remarkable fragrance, and doesnt' carry that one certain familiar, common note that I find so annoyingly Guerlainy. [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West