Code of Conduct

Default Female Opinions About My Men's Scents

Hello from the Male Fragrance Discussion section!

This is my first post here and I'm hoping this would be appropriate to post here. I would love to get female opinions on any of the fragrances I wear or the ones I will shortly be purchasing.

Current:

Guerlain Habit Rouge
    Caron Pour Un Homme
    Zizanie
    Boucheron Pour Homme
    Guerlain Vetiver
    Givenchy Pi
    L'Instant De Guerlain Pour Homme
    Roma Uomo
    Canoe (for very casual days)

Planning to add:

Boucheron Jaipur Homme
    Acqua Di Parma Colonia Assoluta
    Elizabeth Taylor's Passion for Men
    Opium Pour Homme
    Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree

Thanks! Your opinions would be very valuable to me.

Ladylonestar

Default Re: Female Opinions About My Men's Scents

I'm positively wild about Pour Un Homme! Sexy, romantic, elegant... a real neck-nuzzler fragrance -- fabulous! I also love Habit Rouge, and I very much like Chanel Pour Monsieur, Givenchy Pi and Guerlain Vetiver on a man. I'll have to resniff Opium Pour Homme as I don't recall much about it right now. Someone was going to send me some Zizanie to sample but I think they forgot or changed their mind. [smiley=cry.gif] I haven't gotten round to sampling the rest of the fragrances on your list.

By the way, welcome to this side of the board! [smiley=happy.gif]

Thank you ladylonestar!

I am in process of increasing my Caron Pour Un Homme collection - I am ordering the spray deodorant and after shave from imaginationperfumery.com.

summer means fireflys

I love the Habit Rouge, L'Instant, and the Pi. The others I do not know well enough to have an opinion. Of the ones you plan to purchase, get the Jaipur pour Homme first. It is so so sexy! The Opium pour homme would be my next choice.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Opium EDP is in transit from Imagination Perfumery.

Yes, Jaipur will be next on the list.

Pour un Homme is fabulous. I just tested it today. I've heard Jaipur Homme is very, very good. And I already told you my story about Zizanie....

Susan

Susan:

I love the Zizanie - I wore it Sunday.

Every time I passed a dog on the street, I thought of your cousin's dog named Zizanie!

Love: Guerlain Habit Rouge, Caron Pour Un Homme, Boucheron Jaïpur Homme [smiley=kiss.gif]

Like: L'Instant De Guerlain Pour Homme, Boucheron Pour Homme [smiley=smiley.gif]
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

The only ones I am acquainted with are Roma Uomo, Opium Pour Homme EDP and Guerlain Vetiver. Love 'em all!

JAG

Mike, that is too funny. Fyi, Zizanie was a poodle!

Quote Originally Posted by Perfume_Hound_Dog
    Mike, that is too funny. *Fyi, Zizanie was a poodle! *
    Oh well, a poodle. I saw a few German Shepards and Rottweilers on Sunday. But I didn't Zizanie would have fit them!!

Zizanie was an elegant little guy! Too bad we didn't see him more often.

I'm glad you're enjoying the fragrance! I can't wait to go shopping in New York! I'll have an entire day to myself. Heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by Perfume_Hound_Dog
    Zizanie was an elegant little guy! *Too bad we didn't see him more often.

I'm glad you're enjoying the fragrance! *I can't wait to go shopping in New York! *I'll have an entire day to myself. *Heaven!
    How many fragrances are you intending to purchase?

I love Guerlain Habit Rouge, Caron Pour un Homme, Guerlain Vetiver and Guerlain L'Instant. I think Caron Pour un Homme and Guerlain Vetiver might be two of my very favorite year 'round men scents. I have smelled Givenchy Pi from your list, too. I liked it, but it's a bit sweet/vanillac, right? Personally I feel that one would be best when the weather was cooler/cold. Oh! Forgot about Canoe on your list- I've always found it to be refreshing and not overdone. Very nice choice for casual days.
    Next choices: Opium Pour Homme....ooo la la! I love it. Very seductive scent.
    Boucheron Jaipur Homme- I love this one so much, I have a big bottle of it for myself. The spices and the vanilla/heliotrope notes just meld together perfectly.
    You'll be irresistible in either of those two. [smiley=happy.gif]

Quote Originally Posted by Makeup Maniac
    Next choices: *Opium Pour Homme....ooo la la! I love it. Very seductive scent.
    Boucheron Jaipur Homme- I love this one so much, I have a big bottle of it for myself. The spices and the vanilla/heliotrope notes just meld together perfectly.
    You'll be irresistible in either of those two. [smiley=happy.gif]
    In that case, I guess I'll have to stock up on the Jaipur and Opium!

"How many fragrances are you intending to purchase?"

Somehow, I knew you'd ask! Well, as many as possible since I live in the fragrance wilderness! I'm going to Takashimaya to sniff Fragonards, then of course to the usual suspects (Barneys, Bendel's, Bergdorf's and Saks) then probably to Aedes, Bigelow and Jeffrey... Bond No. 9, Lafco... Don't know if I can fit in the fragrance district this trip. Specifically, I want to try Villoresi's Musk, the Santa Maria Novella perfumes and body products, Laura Tonatto's roll-on oil fragrances and anything else new or interesting in my path!

Have you been to Filene's? Yay or nay on fragrances? How about the downtown Bloomingdale's? Any other suggestions? I'm open. Have to admit that I usually decide against going to Caron and Penhaligon's because I have so much else to do.

Any help is appreciated! I used to go to New York quite often, but now it's been a year because of my last job where I had to work weekends. I feel I'm out of the loop as far as new stores, etc.

Susan:

I really don't know a lot of the places you mention. I have to stop by Barneys and Lord and Taylor's also. I have to get to the others taht you mention.

I go to Madison Avenue Cosmetics (Madison between 45th and 46th Streets), the Sephoras around the city, Macy's, Bloomingdale's, Saks, Bergdoff Goodman and Douglas (in GCT).

I was only in the downtown Bloomingdale's once to look at the men's fragrances. I didn't think that had had a very large selection.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG
    The only ones I am acquainted with are Roma Uomo, Opium Pour Homme EDP and Guerlain Vetiver. *Love 'em all!

Good to see Roma is one. I am still thinking about how I feel about that one.

JAG

Enormous fan of Opium pour Homme- love it on my sweetie and I even like to wear it. Jaipur is lovely too.

It seems so few men wear a scent (not our members here, of course.) I admit, even if it's something I don't actually care for, I'm just happy when I get a whiff of a man wearing fragrance.
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!

Quote Originally Posted by Artisankey
    Enormous fan of Opium pour Homme- love it on my sweetie and I even like to wear it. *Jaipur is lovely too. *

It seems so few men wear a scent (not our members here, of course.) *I admit, even if it's something I don't actually care for, I'm just happy when I get a whiff of a man wearing fragrance.
    I've noticed the same thing. I thought there was much more fragrance use years back and it's disappointing. Is it because of this politically correct fantasy of "offending" people or is it because of the boring "non-offensive" scents out there today, or a vicious cycle of both of these?

But for me - I have never gone out in public since high school without wearing a fragrance. And for me, that's a lot of days in a lot of years!!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFromManhattan
    [quote author=Artisankey link=1118171086/15#18 date=1118440667]I thought there was much more fragrance use years back and it's disappointing. *Is it because of this politically correct fantasy of "offending" people or is it because of the boring "non-offensive" scents out there today, or a vicious cycle of both of these?
    You have me for a complete reason as to why, although I suspect there is a "politically correct" element to the scent-free skin of many men. *There also seems to be more and more issues around those who are "environmentally sensitive" or "chemically sensitive." *We hear of more and more work places advocating fragrance free policies. *Personally I find a scentless world to lack texture and richness, not to mention sensuality- as in a healthy enjoyment of the senses. *While I understand that drowning yourself in a perfume that is overly cloying could be offensive to others, discreet usage has always brought me and those around me nothing but pleasure. *I do find it disturbing thought that one day we may be restricted to wearing perfume only in private. *I hope that day never comes.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFromManhattan
    [quote author=Artisankey link=1118171086/15#18 date=1118440667]But for me - I have never gone out in public since high school without wearing a fragrance. And for me, that's a lot of days in a lot of years!!
    Wow- that's great. *I wish I could be around more men who think as you do.
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!

Hey, Mike I wish I was more familiar with your fragrances ,all I can say is what I find irresistable ! comme des garcon 2 ,and 3 ,channel allure por homme, and fendi life essence,and the original diesel it drives me completely insane!!!! I hope I helped

Quote Originally Posted by lovley7000
    Hey, Mike I wish I was more familiar with your fragrances ,all I can say is what I find irresistable ! comme des garcon 2 ,and 3 ,channel allure por homme, and fendi life essence,and the original diesel it drives me completely insane!!!! I hope I helped
    Thanks lovley7000. I was think of starting a thread about recommended scents by women.

I will try to locate these and try them out. I will look for Fendi Life Essence today - I liked the reviews of it on Basenotes and on the Perfume Emporium Board.