Code of Conduct
    sharaku

Default Guerlain's large bottle of Parfum

I'm considering whether I purchase a large bottle of Mitsouko parfum (30ml), because I definitely found it able to be my signature.

Are there any harm to using?? Should I get smaller one? Please let me hear your thoughts.
    [smiley=dankk2.gif]

Default Re: Guerlain's large bottle of Parfum

I cannot claim to be objective here, as Mitsouko is my signature and I am totally in love with it. If you haven't worn the perfume so far perhaps better try a small quantity to get used to it before you splurge on the big bottle, but if you have and love Mitsouko - go right ahead. It's a gem!
    'I am not difficult, I am definite!' - Hedy Lamarr

If you can afford the large bottle and you love it why are you asking us? [smiley=laugh.gif] Seriously, if you keep it cool, in its box and in the dark, it will last you years.
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!

sharaku

Thank you for your replies.

I already have the small bottle. My 10 years old Mitsouko parfum is still beautiful and a bit different from recent ones. A little more damp and less powdery. So, I'm considering if I will be able to love it as same as old one. I hope parfums have ripening like wines!

Agree with you, Levannah. It's a gem! *[smiley=wink.gif]

o.k....here goes....
    I am a new Mitsouko lover....I ADORE the body cream more than anything! You can find some not half bad deals on that on ebay. I wear the edt in addition to the cream sometimes....I LOVE the parfum. I have a teensy mini of that.
    If it was up to me.......I'd get the body cream and if you could afford it get the parfum BUT.....NEVER FEAR..........if you love Mitsouko your big bottle will never go bad. I'm sure it'll be gone in no time.

My boyfriend went last week to a Guerlain Training at the Brussels LVMH offices and learned a few things...

One interesting thing is the true meaning of Eau de Toilette. Toilette means several things in French but in this case of edt it means "Outfit Water", 'une toilette' is an old word for a ladies outfit. That's why Guerlain says that edt is made to be misted on clothes. For one it will last longer, but also because edt contains less alcohol and stronger topnotes it *will give more "sillage" (the fragrance trail someone leaves behind). Perfume extract is made to be worn directly on the skin and should be used as a base, it contains more pure alcohol and has stronger basenotes and therefor leaves less sillage but last longer. Your skin chemistry will give the perfume extract it's own personality.

So ,according to Guerlain, one should wear the perfume extract aswell as the matching edt:
    -perfume extract for lasting quality (usually contains 20% to 40% perfume concentrate mixed with 96 alcohol)
    -edt for sillage. (usually 3% to 20% perfume concentrate mixed with 80 alcohol, the rest is water)

No wonder that Eau de Parfum which combines the qualities of both edt and extract became soo popular.

sharaku

Thank you for your interesting info. It made me happy.
    Well, finally I got large bottle of Mitsouko parfum while I couldn't log in here.

I have craving for Jicky parfum now. How greedy I am!

30 ml is "small" by Guerlain standard. When I read the title, I thought you were going to get this 250 ml Jicky parfum!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...%3AIT&rd=1

or the 500 ml Plus que jamais Guerlain parfum (How much is this by the way?)

OMG -- 250 ml = 8.5 ounces of Jicky Parfum!!! What a gorgeous bee bottle! Never would have guessed they'd come in such a large size!

sharaku -- glad you found more Mitsouko to enjoy!!

Naw -- you're not greedy -- just enthusiastic!!

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Thanks Cedric for the info:-)
    I think there was an article here on BN (it's so pitty I cannot find it) saying about wearing extrait and edt together for more impact.

http://blogsorbeta.blox.pl: CdG Series 8 Energy
    (Oct. 3rd).

sharaku

What large! Perfumelife.. You made me feel relieved. *[smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

And Thanks High_Tech *[smiley=smiley.gif]