Code of Conduct

Default Shower-fresh perfume

My GF loves almost all cologne smells on me.. I however am not too crazy about
    perfumes at all She wears Cool Water and Elizabeth Arden 5th avenue
    and both of them are okay but i wish I could buy her a very fresh invigorating
    perfume that is not cloying, but rather shower-fresh somewhat in the lines of the newer
    fresh Men's colognes. Any idea ?

Ladylonestar

Default Re: Shower-fresh perfume

Greetings, Gotham City! I'm sure others will have some fantastic suggestions for you. I just wanted to comment that I absolutely LOVE 5th Avenue! Also, yesterday when I sprayed on Oscar (de la Renta) my exact thoughts were how fresh and clean it always makes me feel! Truly, for me, a just-stepped-out-of-the-shower refreshing, invigorating, clean, gorgeous scent. Chanel No. 22 makes me feel the same.

Eau des Merveilles, while not really a shower-fresh fragrance, is definitely one that I find to be both fresh and refreshing as well. Another that comes to mind is Vent Vert by Balmain. Then there's Ma Griffe, Norell, Nude, MPG Eau de Camelia Chinois -- though these aren't necessarily *shower-fresh*. I'm sure there are others, but my mind is on many things right now...

I look forward to everyone's suggestions. [smiley=wink.gif]

Serpent

I'm personally drawing a blank - I'm sure I'll have my own suggestions later - but I know my friend Miss Addict always loved Bijan for Women as her "fresh out of the shower" fragrance. I know, I know, it seems weird to me, too, but she always said it made her feel fresh and clean, like she just stepped out of the shower.

I will agree with Loney on Eau des Merveilles and Nude. Others that make me smell and feel squeaky clean are Helmut Lang and L'Air du Temps, the latter being the one that always brings a compliment from my husband. [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] I'd also put Hiris in that category. Acqua di Parma's Lavande Tonica is refreshing, although you and your lady might not care for lavender as much as I do.
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by Serpent
    I know, I know, it seems weird to me, too, but she always said it made her feel fresh and clean, like she just stepped out of the shower.
    That's what I'm going by, too, Serpent -- how a fragrance makes me feel or what it evokes for me -- rather than particular notes, the whole composition, or what its marketing strategy might be. *So I can understand where Miss Addict is coming from. *Irma Shorell Rose might be a very *heavy* floral to some, but it also at times makes me feel very clean and refreshed, as does L'Or de Torrente. *There are some "tea" fragrances and some "musks" that are so abundantly sweet as to make me feel... well... like I need a shower. *They may, however, be intended to have quite the opposite effect.

Estee Lauder's White Linen is another fragrance that makes me feel squeaky clean! *[smiley=wink.gif]

Ladylonestar

Good one, Fufu! *I forgot to mention L'Air du Temps. *Also, the Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca and Anisia Bella might be good choices -- really clean and crisp (at least on me).

Carriere by Gendarme, which I happen to be wearing today, is described as a shower fresh fragrance in most of the reviews I have read. It is a skin scent that contains over 100 essential oils. Once it dries down, it is barely detectable, even when sniffing where you sprayed, but when you move around, you get a slight whiff of its clean, slightly flowery scent.

http://www.perfumeemporium.com/women...ls.cfm?id=4220 has a description along with mostly rave reviews.

JAG [smiley=laugh.gif]

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by JAG
    Carriere by Gendarme, which I happen to be wearing today, is described as a shower fresh fragrance in most of the reviews I have read....
    Oh, gosh... this is one that I've been eyeing for the longest time! I'm going to have to find a sample of Carriere -- think I saw one at Perfume Bay.

Fresh, invigorating...

Eau de Rochas or O de Lancome are my suggestion.

Ladylonestar

Eau de Rochas reminds me -- Eau de Cartier, a recent discovery, has a very clean *feel* to me. Maybe even Eau de Givenchy, but I'll have to resniff that one.

I adore clean, shower-fresh scents and recommend the following:

Carriere by Gendarme
    Pure Grace by Philosophy
    Amazing Grace by Philosophy
    Casual by Paul Sebastian
    Gendarme V by Gendarme
    Provence by Clean
    Ultimate by Clean

I adore all of these scents.

Also, White Musk by Montale, China Lily or China Rain by TerraNova

Susanne Lang's Acqua Fresca, Flowerbell's Oceane, Magic Helvetia's La Base, Kiehl's Coriander and Sage Machado's Sage are all very clean and fresh to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylonestar
    Oh, gosh... this is one that I've been eyeing for the longest time! *I'm going to have to find a sample of Carriere -- think I saw one at Perfume Bay.
    Loney, it took me two years to finally take the plunge as it is typically not my style to wear a fragrance that doesn't leave a trail of woosy bodies in my wake. I don't think I have read reviews on a fragrance that were more consistently favorable. And this is the really what is so strange. Tonight I decided to spray on some of my CdG EdP, and suddenly the Carriere became stronger. That tells me that, even though it is very light to me, it is definitely there and starts to put on a show when battling with another fragrance. Don't cringe when I say this, but I can add some to your package if you want me to. [smiley=rolleyes.gif] I know, you would prefer to sample it sometime within this decade.

JAG [smiley=laugh.gif]

Another vote for the wonderful Eau de Rochas.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by JAG
    Don't cringe when I say this, but I can add some to your package if you want me to. * [smiley=rolleyes.gif] *I know, you would prefer to sample it sometime within this decade.
    That sounds wonderful! Thanks so much. Oh... and.... this decade, next decade... it's all good, JAG! [smiley=dankk2.gif]

And oh my! How could we forget Estee? (P.S. When used sparingly).
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West

Shower fresh perfumes that ocme to mind are Guerlain Lemon Fresca (smells nice and soapy citrusy), Annick Goutal's Eau d'Hadrien, and also Glow by J. Lo is suppose to smell like the skin after shower (I am not sure it does it for me but you can try to see how it works on her skin).

I like Té and Creature d'Anges (Gilles Cantuel) for clean and shower-fresh. Sometimes Manifesto, but only in summer. Child is also clean/fresh/soapy on me.
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!

*Eau de Patou* (1976) is the "prequel" fragrance to *Gendarme*. It's the *Gendarme* of the 70s, even before there was a *Gendarme*.

To my nose, it smells like the soap you find in top quality hotels. It's has a very clean feel to it. It's the scent equivalent of a freshly laundered white terry cloth bathrobe.

Regards,

scentemental

Quote Originally Posted by scentemental
    [b]*Eau de Patou*
    Yes, how could I forget: Eau de Patou. Incredibly clean, not very sweet and hardly fussy. J.Patou's lovely and athletic sister was the inspiration for this fragrance. Seen this one classed as "for men," "for women," and also as "unisex." I personally would go with the latter. Sometimes it's a bit harder to find these days. Usually an on-line search produces good results.

Etro Lemon Sorbet [smiley=smiley.gif]

Jean Patou's lovely and athletic sister was the inspiration for this fragrance.
    What a very intereting piece of information Aritanskey. Do recall where you got it from? I would love to read more about Jean Patou. I am a huge fan of Patou's women's and men's fragrances. Any information on Jean Kerleo the originator of many of those grand fragrances would also be greatly appreciated. Kerleo, is, incidentally, the nose behind *Eau de Patou*.

scentemental

Jean Kerleo is also the nose behind Yohji Yamamoto Yohji (if I had a signature scent, this would be IT!) and Jean Patou Sublime, both are wonderful. [smiley=kiss.gif]

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka
    Jean Kerleo is also the nose behind Yohji Yamamoto Yohji (if I had a signature scent, this would be IT!) and Jean Patou Sublime, both are wonderful. [smiley=kiss.gif]
    How very interesting tigrushka. I'll definitely have to check out *Yohji* for my wife. Thanks for bringing this to my/our attention.[smiley=smiley.gif]

Another, "shower-fresh perfume" that just came to mind would be Thierry Mugler's
    *Cologne*. The bath/grooming line is of exceptionally high quality and very close to the scent of the *Cologne*.

Quote Originally Posted by scentemental

What a very intereting piece of information Aritanskey. Do recall where you got it from? I would love to read more about Jean Patou.
    scentemental
    I unfortunately do not remember. These days, when I collect perfume info, I always try to remember to save the URLs. However, when I first started collecting info I didn't. Most of my notes are just bits and pieces of info I have found along the way- along with my own impressions these days.

The largest chunk of info I have on Jean Patou comes from here though:

http://www.designerhistory.com/histo...ion/patou.html

and a bit of info here:

http://www.bio-byte.com/products/patou.html

I hope these help you some.

I can't belive no one has mentioned Clean by Dlish!

Aint that the whole point of this range, to smell like you've just got out of the shower?

Me likes lots [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

These are some of my favorites:

- Thierry Mugler's Cologne (unisex, fresh but not too soapy)
    - Ivoire de Balmain (very clean, yet soft)
    - Les Parfums de Rosine's Un Zest de Rose (a citrusy, refreshing rose... good for spring and summer)
    - Jo Malone's Lime Basil Mandarin (a love/hate scent...it's long-lasting and the body lotion is very good)
    - YSL's In Love Again (nice grapefruit note with a floral musk drydown)
    - Hip by Patou (under-rated imo, it's spicier than Baby Doll but still fresh)
    - Pomegranate Anise by Fresh (an old favorite, it has an effervescent quality)

Otherwise, I like Sage Pearl oil and edt (vanilla, sandalwood and musk.) Egyptian musk (oil) has a clean, warm scent.

I agree with the rec for Eau de Givenchy. Floral notes over a sandalwood base, it's quite good in spring and summer. Refreshing!

That's all I can think of right now.

Good luck!

Susan

Thanks for the links Artisankey.[move][smiley=smiley.gif][/move]
    scentemental