Code of Conduct

Thread: Annick Goutal

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Annick Goutal

When I recently tested Annick Goutal Vétiver and fell madly in love with it, I was again reminded of how deeply her fragrances touch my heart, they are somehow full of emotion, full of love. Since many of her scents are inspired by those nearest and dearest to her: her husband and daughters, it isn't really that surprising! Her scents are odes to love, beautiful moments and warm memories. I find them very nurturing and comforting.

While waiting for my Vétiver I decided to revisit the AG scents I have.

Yesterday I dug out my Eau de Charlotte and just couldn't part with it this morning. It says "spring!" to me with its mimosa & lily of the valley notes (must add that I don't usually get along with these floral notes) and its gourmand cocoa & blackcurrant notes make me crave for jam sandwiches. I find Charlotte both delicious and mischievous, it's playful but very romantic.

On April Fool's Day I'm going to wear the wonderful Folavril with mango & tomato leaves notes! [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Here's a very nice little article about Annick Goutal and her fragrances:
    http://www.beautybuzz.com/scent.asp?page=ann
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Annick Goutal

Found another interesting article about Annick Goutal and her daughter Camille. [smiley=smiley.gif]
    http://www.ioiproperties.com.my/happ...8DCA766711FD0C

What interesting articles! *I knew nothing about Annick Goutal other than it was a line of fragrances. *I didn't know anything about the woman behind the name. *And what a *woman! *Now I really want to explore her fragrances and experience the love. *Thank you for adding considerably to my scented education.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My pleasure! [smiley=smiley.gif]

Forgot the most important link, the official one: http://www.annickgoutal.nl/

Oh great, thanks!

I just checked out her line in the directory, and although I'd love to try them all, I'm especially intrigued by Sables. *One reviewer compared it to Arabie, and that was enough to put it on my "must get" list.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sables is closer to Chęne (which also has that unmistakable immortelle note) than Arabie, IMO. It's very rich, warm, soft and woody scent.

Mmm. *That sounds good, too. *I've only smelled Chene in a wax sample, but I remember enjoying it. * I'm a Serge Lutens freak! *How I wish all of SL were available in the U.S.!! *I just paid an ungodly, exorbitant price for a bottle of Fumerie Turque on ebay. *I'm still feeling a little guilty, but that *"Topkapi in a bottle." as you've called it, was more than worth it. *I may be eating at McDonald's for the next month, but I'll be the best-smelling customer they have!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

[smiley=cheesy.gif]

Another link: http://store.nordstrom.com/category/...378186~2383298

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought two original 1/2 oz miniatures of Eau d'Hadrien two weeks ago for only $13. I know Annick Goutal bottles are quite expensive, so I'm glad I located these beautiful items on ebay.

The other sample I like a lot (from IPaid [smiley=dankk2.gif]) is Eau de Sud.

Duel I didn't like that much, but is good also IMO. [smiley=wink.gif]
    dr.creed's decant sales
    can be found here:
    Crystal Flacon

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Congtrats for your finds! [smiley=smiley.gif]

Today I'm all wrapped up in powdery, enveloping Heure Exquise: wonderful whispering irises accompanied by not-too-loud roses staying in the shadows, leaving the limelight to the irises.

AG have unique collections. Too bad I only have one of hers, Cherie i think.

I am actually looking for a fragrance that has strong freesia scent. I was thinking about AG, experts, any ideas?

Let me take a read..

Quote Originally Posted by chukuleks

I am actually looking for a fragrance that has strong freesia scent. I was thinking about AG, experts, any ideas?
    I love Diptyque Ofresia! *As a matter of fact, I wore it yesterday. *It's the perfect Easter/Springtime scent. *It has a very fresh, natural, peppery fresia scent. *And it has excellent longevity, too. *I can still smell it faintly even as I type these words.

Thanks for the interesting articles, Tigrushka!
    Annick Goutal is such a talented perfumer. I was so sad when she passed away. A remarkable woman.
    She has such a distinct style and her perfumes are very personal. I heard that her perufmes are not the same ever since her death.

Most of her perfumes have a sparkling, fresh impression like fresh cut flowers.
    Unfortunately, they do not work well on my skin though...
    My favourites are Eau de Sud, Grand Amour and Eau de Charlotte.
    l'Heure Exquise I find very similar to No. 19 but sweeter and warmer.
    By the way, I am always surprised that you like it, Tigrushka - when you hate no. 19 so much!

I never knew Folavril meant April Fool - I thought it was just a woman's name (it is the name of a heroine in one of my favourite Boris Vian's books - l'Herbe Rouge). It did not work on my skin very well aslthough I love boronia, jasmine and mango!

I am curious to see the results of the poll you laid out - when are they going to be published?

Happy Spring!
    (Annick Goutal's fragrances are very much associated with spring in my mind and I heard that they do work better on the skin in warm weather - I will try them again this season!).

Thanks for your recommendation, I will check it out personally.

Out of curiosity.. Our moods and thoughts affects the way a scent transpires...

[Annick Goutal is such a talented perfumer. I was so sad when she passed away. A remarkable woman. She has such a distinct style and her perfumes are very personal. I heard that her perufmes are not the same ever since her death.]

Just wondering, if the perfume does smell the same? Or, it could be different. Most of the time, we appreciate a certain scent, due to memories attached to it.. and also story behind it.. and for AG's line of fragrance, each has its own story. I personally think, it makes it more amazing.

Some ppl undermines the power of scent.. often ignores the ability! I pity them..

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ayala, I closed the poll last night: Sables won, Eau de Charlotte got silver and Eau d'Hadrien bronze. [smiley=smiley.gif]

No one voted for Folavril but me. [smiley=sad.gif]

Quote Originally Posted by ayalasender
    l'Heure Exquise I find very similar to No. 19 but sweeter and warmer.
    By the way, I am always surprised that you like it, Tigrushka - when you hate no. 19 so much!
    While Heure Exquise is soft and tender to me, No. 19 is IMO nothing but sheer meanness in a bottle. That's why! [smiley=wink.gif]

Tigrushka, though I am alittle late in responding to the poll, but, I support Folavril too!