Code of Conduct

Default Yves Rocher Néonatura Parfum Cocon

Got a mini of Néonatura with my YR order and tested it last night.

The top note stage wasn't too promising, it smelled a bit "cheap" and sharp but it soon mellowed out and now, the morning after, what is left is delicious, warm and comforting smell of vanilla, cocoa and patchouli. This is a very soft & simple scent.

Once you get past the first whiff Néonatura is very nice indeed, good lasting power and good value for money (especially if you get it on a special price, YR always has various kinds of special offers). The bottle is an ugly brown oval.

Notes:
    top - bergamot
    base - cocoa, vanilla, patchouli
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: Yves Rocher Néonatura Parfum Cocon

Interesting. Isn't this called something else than just Neonatura? I think he did a green floral one and this doesn't sound like it. I'll check it out. I like to stock up on shower gels and stuff at Yves Rocher. Some skincare too when I'm poor.

Edit: Stupid me. You *said* Neonatura Cocon. Sorry. Not enough coffee yet. *runs to get a double espresso*.

The green Néonatura is called "parfum sève" and the brown one "parfum cocon".
    http://www.yves-rocher.se/shop_app/a...p;lineNodeId=1

I love YR shower gels, too! Generally their stuff is great value for money, the packaging may be a bit tacky sometimes but the stuff inside is mostly very good. [smiley=smiley.gif]

Yves Rocher often does a great job with fragrances. I like Nature Millenaire for men, Comme une Evidence and they make a great little Gardenia (that uses "headspace&quot. If you like Mimosa pour Moi by L'Artisan, you could get yourself the new Yves Rocher Mimosa shower gel and body lotion (+ edt), they are very true to the flower and much cheaper than L'Artisans.

I use Mimosa shower gel with Eau de Charlotte, Mint with CdG Peppermint and Piper Nigrum, Honey with Comme des Garçons and Chergui, Green Tea with CdG Tea, Peach with Magot etc etc etc. [smiley=smiley.gif]

Quote Originally Posted by cedriceccentric
    Yves Rocher often does a great job with fragrances. I like Nature Millenaire for men, Comme une Evidence and they make a great little Gardenia (that uses "headspace&quot. If you like Mimosa pour Moi by L'Artisan, you could get yourself the new Yves Rocher Mimosa shower gel and body lotion (+ edt), they are very true to the flower and much cheaper than L'Artisans.

I agree all their men's scents last a long time on me. I am a big fan of Ode au Reve.

Talking about YR's perfume, just checked out some of their fragrances.

Do you remember the 'Forest Lady' discussion, looking for green fragrances? YR had a collection of greens - including Green Tea, Bamboo and others.

I liked the Bamboo, its so totally green.. and it sweetened alittle later. Pretty Fresh.

What about Ming Shu Fleur Rare? Its described as 'transparent floral fragrance'. Am trying to imagine what 'Transparent Floral' fragrances smells like? Probably something 'Light'?

What Flower? Ideas?

MJH

I really love Nature Millenaire Pour Homme: probably my favorite 'cheapie': it's very well-made, and has gotten me several compliments at work.

Quote Originally Posted by chukuleks
    I liked the Bamboo, its so totally green.. and it sweetened a little later. Pretty Fresh.
    I also love Bambou: it's the closest thing I've found to Gap Grass. Love 'em both.

Quote Originally Posted by chukuleks
    What about Ming Shu Fleur Rare? Its described as 'transparent floral fragrance'. Am trying to imagine what 'Transparent Floral' fragrances smells like? Probably something 'Light'?

What Flower? Ideas?
    First, here's what the Yves Rocher website says:
    On a river in China, in the freshness of a rose-tipped dawn, a water flower opens and releases vibrant and sweet crystal scents. Everything in you breathes in the harmony of this tender and voluptuous fragrance - more concentrated than the Eau de Toilette.

Transparent Floral: Headspace Ming Shu

Michael Edwards classes it as Marine scent. I have Ming Shu.....and can't find anyone to give it to. [smiley=embarassed.gif] I'm afraid it's one of those watery florals that are my perfume nemesis. You're welcome to my bottle. [smiley=engel017.gif] [smiley=evil.gif]

Neonatura line is not readily available in the USA (yet?), although it has been marketed in Europe since last fall (and I am not quite sure about dates). Cocon notes sound very delicious though and I will be willing to give it a sniff. Thanks, Tigrushka, for the heads up!

Now about Ming Shu Fleur Rare: it is definitely a bitter sweet floral aquatic, resembling L'Eau D'Issey some, only without the smell of seaweed -- how about rotting seaweed? -- IMHO. In the Book of Beauty, Yves Rocher describes it as composed of Ming Shu flower Headspace, and I would think of it as a type of lotus. Quote: "Let the delicate scent of the precious water blossom floating along the Chinese River Mosuo inspire tranquility". As for the drydown, Ming Shu runs out of notes quickly, 3-4 hours, with a little ambery-musky trace left. :-)

Hope this helps a little.

Fraîcheur Végétale series scents are Bambou, Thé Vert, Chèvrefeuille, Cyprès, Menthe and Cèdre Bleu, some of them are also available in EdT. I'm only familiar with the superb shower gels. [smiley=smiley.gif]

A couple of years ago I used Ming Shu shower gel & lotion I had got as free gifts with my order after swimming in the pool. Would never have bought or worn the scent but the b&b stuff was just fine for getting rid of the chlorine smell... [smiley=wink.gif]