Code of Conduct

Default GUERLAIN:  a chance to try Guet Apens and others

a new perfume shop in Harrods has persuaded Guerlain to recreate Guet Apens ("a love ambush&quot, Quand vient L'Ete and Metalys, all originally created by Jean-Paul Guerlain. For more information check out the september weekend magazine from the FT (Financial Times).

AZTEC

Default Re: GUERLAIN: a chance to try Guet Apens and othe

Metalys.. is that metallica??!!?? I HOOPE it is.. :-/

Guet Apens smells fantastic; can't wait!

I love the names of the older Guerlains: 'Quand vient l't', 'Le Jardin de mon Cur' etc.

FROM the same article, all these guerlain perfumes will be sold in that beautiful "golden bee" bottle which is normally used just for the men's fragrance Imperiale.

ALSO Guerlain will make available a special edition of L'Heure Bleue in the original baccarat crystal bottles designed by Edgar Brandt.

For nina ricci fans, L'air du Temps in lalique bottles. Of historical interest, nina ricci's Farouche, Nina and Coeur Joie (made to celebrate the end of the second world war).

For dior fans, Diorling and Diorama and Miss Dior available in the original baccarat presentation bottle.

AZTEC

Default Re: GUERLAIN: a chance to try Guet Apens and oth

Sorry but I do not rate Jean Paul as such a great perfumer. Now if they had re-released some of the classic Jacques that would have really been something.

The crystal bottles are very pretty but you will be paying for those. I would prefer to have the juice and skip the fancy bottles.
    DONNA

Overcome By Fumes

Are there any links to the article mentioned?

Quote Originally Posted by donna255
    Sorry but I do not rate Jean Paul as such a great perfumer.
    no need to apologize donna! ;D and yes, the bottles would set you back a pretty penny.

docluv no link that i know of.

AZTEC

Default Re: GUERLAIN:  a chance to try Guet Apens and oth

Sorry but I do not rate Jean Paul as such a great perfumer. Now if they had re-released some of the classic Jacques that would have really been something.
    Another "St. Jacques" devotee chiming in here...
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darber muss man schreiben."

and from CARON, there will be N'aimez Que Moi and French Can Can, to be dispensed from the caron urn with all the showmanship that entails! :

AZTEC

The crystal bottles are very pretty but you will be paying for those. I would prefer to have the juice and skip the fancy bottles.

Don't care much about bottles myself either.

Quand vient l'Ete was originally created in 1910 so we can safely assume that Jean-Paul had nothing do with it. As for Metalys; never heard of it...

;D Guet-Apens is WONDERFUL!! It is not Metallica!
    Glo

the article mentions metalys but that might be a typographical error as is the information that JP is responsible for Quand Vient L'Ete. Also available is Guerlinade (1921 so obviously jacques) but i think this one is still in production.

re the merits of jacques vs jean paul, no doubt the grandfather was a genius (sublime creations!) but i wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the creator of vetiver and habit rouge. Fortunately we do not have to choose....the legacy of both can co-exist and i'm just grateful we occasionally have the opportunity to try recreations.

AZTEC

I posted about the Haute Parfumerie a number of weeks ago.

I was told only yesterday by a Guerlain account manager that the Parfumerie was not yet near completion.

I am with the thumbs down to JPG gang. BTW, the Golden Bee bottles have been available in the UK to order for years now, so that is no new innovation.
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Guerlain released Guerlinade a few years back,it was a limited edition created by Jean Paul. Guerlain have a habit of reusing older names. There was an earlier Champs Elysees too from 1912. Guerlinade turns up on ebay quite a lot. I would say it is that version since Guet Apen is also released. Also the special fragrance created for Harrods 150th year will no doubt appear too Belle Epoque.

Chamade was the only great women's fragrance Jean Paul created in MHO.

Good news about the Caron's. Though Les Senteurs in London also stock them,but without the fountains.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by glorious1
    ;D Guet-Apens is WONDERFUL!! It is not Metallica!
    Glo
    I know that.. but Metalys was mentioned too.. i thought that might be metallica ( since they cant use that name anymore??? )

Guerlain have a habit of reusing older names.
    that's true but I would imagine that the recreation of Quand Vient L'Ete is a recreation of the 1910 jacques original....which if correct, isn't that nice to know?

i'll try and verify...

AZTEC

OH yeah! I don't know what they'll do about that. They should tell us if it is the old "M".

Default Re: GUERLAIN:  a chance to try Guet Apens and othe

Yes because I sell it...

Ebay link removed

This is not the proper board to list items for swap or sale,
    this
    is.