Code of Conduct

Default Re: Black Cashmere DK

Try this site. It's where I got mine and it's cheaper than the stores would be.

http://store.perfumedistributor.com/donna-karan.html

JAG ;D

Default Black Cashmere DK

I have been looking for this stuff for about a week now. NONE of the stores have it. Not bloomys, sephoras, nordstroms, noone. I finally found a bottle at Neiman Marcus. An SA at sephoras said it was being discontinued. Has anyone else heard that? I cant believe how much i love this stuff. Its awesome!!!! It probably would have done better being marketed to men or as a unisex scent. Marketing is a funny thing.
    Awesomeguy

I got mine fron ebay for 20 bucks for 1.7 oz. You will
    definitely find good deals there.
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein

What is it with these freakin' Multinats discontinuing perfumes????
    'Chaos' now sells for up to $999 Ê??? ??? ??? a bottle, and some say 'Black Cashmere' is the same,or very similar. SO what do those idiots do??? ?
    And to think EL put money into marketing CRAP like 'Beyond Paradise' at the same time they discontinue Black Cashmere!
    Bloody Idiots!

MJH

Quote Originally Posted by rosbergs3
    I have been looking for this stuff for about a week now. NONE of the stores have it. Not bloomys, sephoras, nordstroms, noone. I finally found a bottle at Neiman Marcus. An SA at sephoras said it was being discontinued. Has anyone else heard that? I cant believe how much i love this stuff. Its awesome!!!! It probably would have done better being marketed to men or as a unisex scent. Marketing is a funny thing.
    I've been hearing that Black Cashmere is being discontinued almost as long as I've heard of Black Cashmere. Of course, there are also the rumors of a male version to be introduced as well; why bother, if they've never bothered to market the original version properly?

I've never seen it sold locally (Southwest Ohio), so I ordered mine on-line. Nothing against the SA who told you it was being discontinued, but that may just mean that her store isn't stocking it any more, or that Sephora may not be carrying it anymore. The Donna Karan website still shows the entire range:
    http://www.donnakaran.com/control/fr...19.donnakaran2

I've heard it's not discontinued, but it's gone to exclusive distributorship like Neiman Marcus. It's also still available at my local Nordstrom's in Chicago though (and their website.)

Doesn't seem like it would be discontinued if it's highlighted on the Donna Karan website MJH posted.

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by MJH
    I've been hearing that Black Cashmere is being discontinued almost as long as I've heard of Black Cashmere.
    I know. I've been hearing this since 2003, I think. Shortly after it came out.

As rumors of its discontinuance grow, so does its popularity (or its mystery)... or so it seems to me. :