Code of Conduct

Thread: En Avion

Default En Avion

Yesterday i ordered a 1 oz. bottle of Caron's En Avion from Parfumelle. Can someone please describe what it smells like? I did search on it and there were a lot of posts saying how nice it is,but no real descriptions. Also can a guy get away with wearing it?

If it means anything I own and love the following (all are Parfums) scents: Tabac Blond,Narcisse Noir,Jicky and Mitsouko. Thanks a lot.

Jeff
    Last edited by ajmc; 31st March 2011 at 10:16 PM.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Ladylonestar

Default Re: En Avion

Here are a couple of threads that might help you.

In this thread, Gattopardo contributes Luca Turin's comments on En Avion:

http://www.basenotes.net/cgi-bin/for...5880473;start=

Mark gives a good description here:

http://www.basenotes.net/cgi-bin/for...253711;start=7

MJH

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc
    If it means anything i own and love the following (all are Parfums) scents: Tabac Blond,Narcisse Noir,Jicky and Mitsouko.
    Jeff,
    If you love Tabac Blond, I'm sure you'll also love En Avion. It's not quite as leathery as Tabac Blond, but it has that same rich, almost syrupy concentration of floral notes and incense that characterises many of the Caron extraits. It also has a spicy note that I'm assuming is carnation, although the formula's too well blended for me to pick out the specific ingredient.

Mark is correct about En Avion and Tabac Blond. I was unsure about Tabac Blond but tried En Avion and loved it. I found it similar to Tabac Blond in many ways but without the heavy leather feel. Many who find Tabac Blond too much for them turn to En Avion.

Let us know what you think when it arrives.
    DONNA