Code of Conduct

Default Looking for something smoky and delicious...

Hello everyone...
    I'm looking for something smoky, delicious and very wearable. I bet I even have something suitable in my wardrobe but I'd love to find out what you all think... Would you say that Black Cashmere is smoky in that smoldeing delicious way? What are your smoky favorites?
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Blog Entries

Default Re: Looking for something smoky and delicious...

Bvlgari Black, of course! And I see you already have that, and rate it highly .
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Hey M!:wave:

I find something in Trouble very smoky. It's what drew me to that fragrance in the first place. I suspect it's the Blue Cedar.
    Another belief of mine; that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise.

Margaret Atwood

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess_Dreams
    Hello everyone...
    I'm looking for something smoky, delicious and very wearable. I bet I even have something suitable in my wardrobe but I'd love to find out what you all think... Would you say that Black Cashmere is smoky in that smoldeing delicious way? What are your smoky favorites?
    Black Cashmere is smokey/incensey/spicy, I quite like it but it can come off as bitchy sometimes. That's a huge part of why I like it. It's beautiful and very unique.

I also like Tabac Blond, Fumerie Turque and Habanita for smokey scents.

My vote has to go to Tabac Blond.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Thank you so much for your replys . I'm enjoying them immensly!

Welcome on-board sinij chas , I've found your interpretation of Black Cashmere as 'bitchy' quite intriguing... and can wholy see where you're coming from. My husband on the other hand, disagrees of course, saying that just because she's confident and oozes sensuality mixed with confidence she is not 'bitchy' per se, but truly just a confident strong sensual woman . Either way, I do appreciate your thoughts... I'm looking forward to more suggestions.
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess_Dreams
    Thank you so much for your replys . I'm enjoying them immensly!

Welcome on-board sinij chas , I've found your interpretation of Black Cashmere as 'bitchy' quite intriguing... and can wholy see where you're coming from. My husband on the other hand, disagrees of course, saying that just because she's confident and oozes sensuality mixed with confidence she is not 'bitchy' per se, but truly just a confident strong sensual woman . Either way, I do appreciate your thoughts... I'm looking forward to more suggestions.
    He's right too, that IS Black Cashmere... But on me, sometimes, BC is the warrior fragrance on a massive avenging rampage of some kind.
    Like I said, it's part of why I like it so much.
    Amazons ARE sexy, after all...

How about Habanita- sexy, deliciously sweet and SMOKY!
    “I am an excitable person who only understands life lyrically, musically, in whom feelings are much stronger as reason. I am so thirsty for the marvelous that only the marvelous has power over me. Anything I can not transform into something marvelous, I let go. Reality doesn't impress me. I only believe in intoxication, in ecstasy, and when ordinary life shackles me, I escape, one way or another. No more walls.”-Anais Nin

Thanks once again to you all.
    I've not had a chance to try Habanita yet, but it does sound very interesting indeed; I'll see if I can get my hands on a small sample somewhere... Ohh but I do LOVE Bvlgari Black and I do adore Tabac Blond (thanks to the sweetest perfume fairy in the world - yes Ms. Tinker, I'm talking about you!).

Salvador Dali

Gucci pour Homme is very smoky, and layers well with many ladies' scents.

I'm fairly new to the "smoky" scents, but love Caron's Tabac Blond, although on me that's a lot more leather than tobacco. Also love Aramis Havana (haven't tried Havana Pour Elle... anyone else here have an opinion on that one?). And Creed's Milliseme Imperial is a lovely, light ginger-tobacco fragrance, though many complain that it's a poor cousin to the original. Since I never smelled the "real deal," I'm happy with what I've got! But I also find it not particularly rich -- to me it's a hot-weather frag.

And now I need to go try Black Cashmere and Habanita, based on the great descriptions!

Happy sniffing, Goddess Dreams. Let us know what you choose!
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Ditto Habanita (which on me is more tobacco than smoke but a DYNAMITE frag) and campfire-smoky Tauer's Lonestar Memories! Fumerie Turque is a good candidate too.

Welcome welcome!! :bounce:
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Diptyque - Essence of John Galliano room spray!

Fumerie Turque, smoky, tobacco and leather, but very sweet.
    It smells like being at the Men's Club, with men in suits smoking pipe tobacco and reading the newspaper under tiffany lamps, while drinking whiskey and wearing cologne. Very tangible experience.

For a different take on smoky, Yerbamate, which has very interesting development, like any Lorenzo Villoresi. Starts out with mint, briefly, then green notes. Goes through citrus and rosewood. Shifts gears through sweet mate and tea, light smoke. Begins to pick up powder. So, it starts citrusy and fresh, with light smoke and powder, and it ends green, sweet, somewhat smoky, and still powdery. Like being indoors and outdoors at the same time.

Goddess, I have a JUMBO bottle of Habanita on the way, I will send you some if ever gets here...I just found out the company sent it US Postal and they did not use my PO Box, so it might be re-routed back to the company I can't explain what a pain in the bum having a PO BOX is!!

Quote Originally Posted by tinker424
    Goddess, I have a JUMBO bottle of Habanita on the way, I will send you some if ever gets here...
    Tinker, I may need to plead with you for a taste of your big bottle, too -- PM me?

Also, the mention of a campfire made me hit my head with my hand at my silliness at having forgotten the fabulous Ava Luxe Firewood !!! It's really marvelous, and, of course, QUITE smoky! I also have and adore CB I Hate Perfume's Burning Leaves, which I find a bit more wearable on a workday, just because the sweetness of the maple leaves (yes, you really can tell what kind of leaves they are!) rounds out the fragrance a bit for me.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

L'Artisan Tea for Two is a very smoky and delicious scent....smells like Lapsang Souchong (a smoked black tea) with a good dose of honey, but also smells like tobacco at times, which can be a turn-off for some.

Red face Re: Looking for something smoky and delicious...

Quote Originally Posted by restlessoul
    How about Habanita- sexy, deliciously sweet and SMOKY!

I was going to suggest Habanita, or perhaps Omnia. I think of Omnia as having alittle smoke. Bvlgari Black is also always a good choice!

FIFI CHACHNIL - amber, coriander,tobacco, rose, mandarin & lily of the valley
    The retro pacakaging is cute too!

Ahhhh you guys are awesome! Thank you all so much for the fabulous suggestions. I'm so in the mood for those deliciously smoky scents. I suppose I thought Omnia was that way too, I'm wearing it today.

FIFI CHACHNIL sounds amazing Tinker, thank you so much! I'll have to procure some to try soon too . Ohh and Tea for Two is one I have my heart set on too, but there's not a single L'Artisan counter in Ontario! I will just have to get to Montreal as soon as possible . Seems like all the goodies are there! Lucky Pellen!

Salvador Dali

Quote Originally Posted by tinker424
    FIFI CHACHNIL - amber, coriander,tobacco, rose, mandarin & lily of the valley
    The retro pacakaging is cute too!
    I love this one. It smells slightly smoky/spicey but the bottle alone is worth having to me (pink being my favorite color)

Thumbs up Re: Looking for something smoky and delicious...

Black Cashmere is perfect for what you're looking for. I have it for those days that I want to smell mysterious and sophisticated.

I don't know how 'delicious' you'll find it, but I thought of Bal a Versailles as soon as I saw this thread. Bond's Chinatown also seems to fit (although I myself can't wear this to save my life). Please forgive me if I've associated incense notes with smokey notes, but they somehow go hand-in-hand for me. Fendi's Theorema also appeals to me in this way.

I forgot to mention Aimez Moi with its snoogly sweet pipe tobacco undercurrents.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Goodness, I can't quite remember the name (shame, shame) but there is a perfume by Serge Lutens that is a pale grey colour, and I think it is called "nuit..." Sorry to be hopeless, but it was the smokiest perfume I have ever tried.
    Find a sample.... any adviser will know it.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyAnne
    Goodness, I can't quite remember the name (shame, shame) but there is a perfume by Serge Lutens that is a pale grey colour, and I think it is called "nuit..." Sorry to be hopeless, but it was the smokiest perfume I have ever tried.
    Find a sample.... any adviser will know it.
    Maybe you meant Fumerie Turque....it is smoky and delightful indeed!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sniffing around
    I'll stop wearing black when they make something darker

No, it wasn't that one. I nearly bought it though because the pale grey liquid in their classic bottle looked so gorgeous... but it was too smokey for me.
    I bought meil de bois instead. I think it was called A LA NUIT.

A la Nuit is definitely more yellow or pale peach shade than grey, the only one that is grey is Gris Clair, Clair de Musc is almost colourless.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Yes, Tig, that was the one. Thanks. I don't often get into Glasgow, and there's none floating around the Highlands. Gris Clair.
    Regards, Anne

One very delicious smoky fragrance is Santa Maria Novella's Peau d'Espagne.
    Some books are undeservedly forgotten, none are undeservedly remembered - W.H. Auden