Code of Conduct

Thread: My new website

Default My new website

I've made a website! It's called ScentedPages, and it features a virtual library catalogue dedicated to the culture and history of perfume. It's like an extensive, categorized bibliography which you can use for your reference. I've created this site because I couldn't find any such thing on the net: the sites that came close were either very small, or contained too many inaccuracies.

The address of my site is: www.scentedpages.com

It has some other features as well, which I will continuously update and expand, just like the library catalogue. I'm not a very techincal person, so the site doesn't look very flashy. As soon as I learn how to make it better-looking, I may update the technical and visual aspects as well.

I'm sure ScentedPages still contains errors and flaws, although I do my best to double- and triple-check all my entries. I've added an email address for feedback and suggestions (in the "About" page) but it's not active yet. I'll let you know when that happens.

I hope you like the site, and that you will find it a useful reference tool. I owe so many people here at Basenotes a great deal for their inspiring posts, directly or indirectly. Please continue to post on Basenotes, because it will help me to improve ScentedPages through time.

cheers,
    Marcello
    [font=verdana][url=http://del.icio.us/scentedpages][b]my bookmarks on del.icio.us[/b][/url][/font]
    [font=verdana][url=http://www.nstperfume.com/perfume-books/][b]my book reviews on NST[/b][/url][/font]
    [font=verdana][url=www.scentedpages.com][b]ScentedPages.com[/b][/url][/font]

Default Re: My new website

Nice job!

I'd love to see a compendium of novels or works of fiction that highlight or are centered around fragrance! For example, Suskind's PERFUME.

Thanks for sharing your hard work and passion!

marlen

Ladylonestar

My, how clever you are, Marcello! It's very impressive. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

WOW! I'm very impressed, 'Cello! Bookmark time!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Marcello,

The time, effort and organization this must have taken - I am so impressed. Already have it added to "My Favorites" list for quick reference.

As for the set-up, I wouldn't touch it. It's neat and clean without a lot of clutter. Looks great.

Good job! JAG ;D

Congratulations! It's a great site, very informative and useful. Will add it to my favourites. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us!!

Honeybunch

Kudos!! How very nicely done
    "Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see." -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks for your nice words!

Quote Originally Posted by scenteur7
    I'd love to see a compendium of novels or works of fiction that highlight or are centered around fragrance! For example, Suskind's PERFUME.
    that's a good idea, Marlen. I had given it a thought while working on the library, but it wouldn't be an easy task. If I can find enough resources I'll definetly work on it.

I still need to work on a few technical problems with the site, and I plan to make it more user-friendly in the near future. I'll post here on Basenotes to keep you informed about any major changes, but in the meantime I will be adding new features and content as well.

Marcello
    [font=verdana][url=http://del.icio.us/scentedpages][b]my bookmarks on del.icio.us[/b][/url][/font]
    [font=verdana][url=http://www.nstperfume.com/perfume-books/][b]my book reviews on NST[/b][/url][/font]
    [font=verdana][url=www.scentedpages.com][b]ScentedPages.com[/b][/url][/font]

Wow Marcello- what a great reference youâve created! Also, for someone who says theyâre not so technically inclined I think the page looks really nice. Smooth, easy to navigate. I think youâve done a wonderful job. Thanks for adding your bit to the world of perfume.
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!

woaw.. very impressive.. thank you so much for doing this

Are you the new Luca Turin?

MJH

I saw this thread earlier in the week but haven't had time to do much reading until today. Marcello, I'm very impressed: this is fantastic work! Thank You!