Code of Conduct

Default I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi.

I posted a question and ran the other day so I wanted to come back and say hello. I am relatively new to perfume but becoming addicted quickly. I seem to have either a body chemistry that doesn't like perfume or I just haven't tried the right ones but I have a couple of favorites.

I currently have Enjoy and really like it as long as I don't get too much. I have YSL In Love Again and seem to have on and off days with this one; Lolita Lempicka (original), and Midnight. Even though the composition isn't supposed to be too different I really like the Midnight on me a lot better. It isn't as sweep or powdery as the original and the drydown is much nicer. My husband just got me DKNY Be Delicious and I am still undecided about this one too. Sometimes it smells really good to me and others it seems a little too sweet.

Anyway, hello and thatk you to LadyLonestar for answering my question the other day.

Default Re: I just wanted to introduce myself and say hi.

Sorry about the spelling. It is early still and my fingers aren't working yet.

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by darkmuffet1
    Hi, Darkmuffet. You can always correct your spelling by using the "modify" button. On your own post just click "modify"; your post will come up in a new screen; make your corrections then click "save." Voila!

Glad to see you decided to join us again.

Greetings DarkM.

Haven't been around much lately as work is has been taking up a lot of time, but I sneak in when I can.

If you hang out here long enough, you will be an expert in no time. Of course, like any other respecting perfume site, this place will have you whipping out your credit card faster than you can say your name!

Cheers!
    Artisankey
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!

Quote Originally Posted by darkmuffet1
    Hi Darkmuffet1,

I wish we had a spell check. I can read my replies over and over before posting and still end up with mistakes.

Midnight sounds alluring . . . just the name alone. I guess our individual chemistries are both a blessing and a curse. Shalimar is one I have tried periodically for years, but just cannot pull it off. If you are fairly new to perfume, you will, no doubt, encounter many hits and misses along the way but there will always be a few that blend so perfectly with your chemistry that they almost take on a different scent. It's an ongoing quest, which is really what makes it so much fun . . . always looking for that "perfect" fragrance.

JAG ;D

Welcome aboard Darkmuffet

Hello DM1 and welcome to basenotes. Sounds like you have some great scents to start off with.
    Gary

Welcome aboard!!!

all the best,

Marlene

Welcome darkmuffet1!!