Code of Conduct

Default Narcisse Noir & AIRS Black Opium

I'm so tempted to order NN. I have a feeling it will be similar in scent to an AIRS incense I'm familiar with called Black Opium, which is very heavy with Black Narcissus. I've read that NN has a heavy civet note, is this true? I know Youth Dew has an extremely heavy civet note that sometimes comes across a little like cow dung , same with Jicky. Hmmm. Sounds intriguing anyway.

Default Re: Narcisse Noir & AIRS Black Opium

8) ╩Hi Anthem . . .

No, I don't think NN is that heavy, on civet. ╩You'd be surprised, I think, by the lemon that's quite discernible. NN is quirky in its way, but still 'outskirt' ╩mainstream, in that it's got Paris 'tradition,' behind it. Also, I have always found NN to be . . . slightly unisex. ╩This only adds to its chic impression. ╩I'd try it. ╩It's not that high priced . . . don't deprive yourself. ╩Who knows how long this fragrance will be available? ╩Also, I don't THINK NN╩has been 'reworked,' at least it doesn't smell different, to me. ╩Go for it.

I have Narcissus Noir on in the edt. tonight. I TOTALLY want the parfum. That must be da bomb!
    NOW..........what is this Black Opium? I'm an Opium fanatic...where do I get this???

I ordered a 50ml of the EDT from Perfume1. I sure hope I like it. The fact that it doesn't contain orris or patchouli really appeals to me. The composition sounds great. Wonder how long Perfume1 takes to deliver?

Hopefully it will be around forever. Apparently it's one of Caron's bestsellers. The parfum bottle is exquisite. I can't wait to recieve it. If I love the EDT I'll definitely get the parfum as well. I'd love to own it, even for the lovely bottle.

8) Good! I've never used that store, but usually, within five days, the package arrives. Let us know what you think . . . and, Anthem . . . give NN, a chance. You may have to try this one, a couple of times. It's worth the trouble.

If you decide you want it,order it from Parfum1.com.
    They have the 15ml Parfum for (it retails for $140) $54.95. I bought mine (blind) from them and have no regrets. Its absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! 8)

Jeff
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

www.airsworld.com

They make the BEST incense out there I think. Incredible stuff. I have bought "Black Opium", "Angel Dreams", "Vetiver, Oakmoss and Sandalwood" and "China Moon". They're all top quality incense. They call their sticks "AromaWands".

Black Opium: smells nothing like YSL Opium and it's not supposed to. A sweet black narcissus (and it's real black narcissus) jasmine and orange blossom. The base is sandalwood and other things I can't identify. A magical scent.

Angel Dreams: Very heavy lilac and lily of the valley on a sweet musky base. It's out of this world. Very enchanting.

Vetiver, Oakmoss and Sandalwood: This is great. Very earthy and crisp chypre accord. This would make a great fragrance.

China Moon: This is a white musk type scent but with a pronounced cocoa like note. Very sensual and different.

I can't praise this line enough. I'm hoping Narcisse Noir will smell somewhat like Black Opium, since they both have Black Narcissus.

I was just thinking about Magie Noire, and was wondering if Narcisse Noir is in the same family? Are they at all similar?

In the parfum NN is big on the civet,not so much in the edt. As for being like Magie Noir,no not really. NN is big on orange blosssom and Magie Noir has a medical like smell which I like.
    DONNA

I have NN only in parfum and it has a MAJOR civet note! I love it but people who find Jicky's civet note too much for them might have big problems with NN. I also find NN very vampy, glamorous and hyperfeminine.

The only thing I think Narcisse Noir and Magie Noire have in common is the word "noir" in their names.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darŘber muss man schreiben."

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by anthem81
    I was just thinking about Magie Noire, and was wondering if Narcisse Noir is in the same family? Are they at all similar?
    Like Donna and Tig, I don't find them similar either.

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka
    I have NN only in parfum and it has a MAJOR civet note! I love it but people who find Jicky's civet note too much for them might have big problems with NN. I also find NN very vampy, glamorous and hyperfeminine.

The only thing I think Narcisse Noir and Magie Noire have in common is the word "noir" in their names.
    8) ╩I don't think NN and MN are similar, either ╩. . . ╩but I am struck by your feeling that NN is 'hyper-feminine.' ╩To me, it's a little toward unisex. ╩Always fascinating to hear other opinions, especially from the ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by anthem81
    I ordered a 50ml of the EDT from Perfume1. I sure hope I like it. The fact that it doesn't contain orris or patchouli really appeals to me. The composition sounds great. Wonder how long Perfume1 takes to deliver?
    Anthem,

I order from Parfum1 all the time - that's where I just got my NN. They normally ship the next day and order is delivered a few days later.

JAG ;D

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by glorious1
    I have Narcissus Noir on in the edt. tonight. ╩I TOTALLY want the parfum. ╩That must be da bomb!
    I have the NN edt but would love to try the parfum -- don't care at all for the edt. :-X

Quote Originally Posted by glorious1
    NOW..........what is this Black Opium? ╩I'm an Opium fanatic...where do I get this???
    There's another Black Opium perfume oil you might be interested in, O Glorious One. Auric Blends Black Opium -- fabulously deep and rich; aroma along the lines of MPG George Sand, not as incense-y as the DSH Cathedral or Twelfth Night oils.