Code of Conduct

Thread: Ciara

Default Ciara

This is a nice, unique scent. It's structure is quite different than most. Very heavy on amber and cedarwood. At first you get the unique hit of powdery cedarwood, patchouli and sandalwood, then a middle accord of herbaceous spices and a super ambery base of frankincense, myrhh, balsam and raspberry. It's quite a unique scent and the only one that's closely related, to my nose, is Bal A Versialles. Ciara comes in 80, 100 and 200 strength, 200 is best, 100 is very good and 80 is good but a bit more powdery. They all have that Ciara-ness to them. I'll always relate this scent to Daytona Beach when I was 14 because my stepmother wore it with ablomb on that vacation, it smelled so good on here, very ambery and it somehow fit the sweltering heat. I believe she wore the 200 strength in the dab on bottle. I for one hope Revlon never discontinues this scent. It's the best mass market one I think.

Default Re: Ciara

8) I know a woman who wore this, as her signature. Ciara does not remind me of Bal a Versailles, which was my mother's signature, scent. It reminds me more, of Creed Vanisia. Here are the notes: Oriental-Ambery . . . vanilla, sandalwood, patchouli, cedarwood . . . herbaceous spices . . . Frankincense, balsam, myrrh, raspberry. How about that raspberry, just at the very 'tail,' of this fragrance?? And, balsam?? Interesting.

Yeah I don't think that Bal A Versailles and Ciara are indentical or anything but I can sense some similarities, especially in the dry down. Ciara is much sweeter though, and with TONS of sandalwood and cedar. Bal A Versailles starts out really smoky, but it gets so sweet and sexy. BTW I do seem to get that raspberry waaay at the end of Ciara's duration. I think it's a very unique scent and almost abstract in a way. It's so well blended and of pretty good quality for something from Revlon. I think it's very sexy. Smells like 1973 in the best way. 80% strength is the most common and it's harsher IMO not the best representation, the other strengths are *much* better- so smooth and creamy. Love the presentation on the 100 and 200 as well, simple and to the point , great box too!

I'm actually thinking this scent might be more vanilla than amber btw.

8) I'm telling you, Anthem . . . this reminds me of CREED Vanisia. And I agree about the strengths: they add cachet, to the fragrance. I agree too, that for a 'mass market' scent, this one is interesting. I also liked Norell . . . I think that too, was made by Revlon.

I have to wholeheartedly agree about the similarity to Bal a Versailles...the first time I smelt Ciara I instantly thought of BaV.
    However I have never compared them side by side- as in one on each arm at the same time. Isn't it funny how different people seem to perceive fragrances differently?

I'm confused. The official Revlon website describes Ciara as 'A truly feminine bouquet of jasmine, orange flower and ylang-ylang'. To me this is a completely different interpretation from the descriptions I've been reading in this thread. Could someone please clarify/explain this?