Code of Conduct

Default Help me find a fragrance!!

I recently was at Nordstroms in Phoenix and my wife was at the makeup counter so I went over to the fine fragrances and
    checked out some perfumes. There was this great fragrance the SA sprayed for me but I can't remember the name at all! I just remember it was near the Mariella Burani bottle, it had a white box and a long french name to it with some apostrophes. The writing on the box looked kind of slanted and hand written. The SA claimed it was originally made in the 1920s or something and the notes have never been disclosed.
    Please someone try to help me out. I looked on the Nordstroms website and can't remember the name. I know its not a Caron fragrance, it was in a different section.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Default Re: Help me find a fragrance!!

Why don't you call the store in Phoenix and give them the same info you gave here. They'll probably be spittin' the name out before you finish your sentence.

JAG ;D

Would help if you could describe the scent and/or the bottle.....

Ladylonestar

I'm with JAG -- call the store, then be sure to let us know what it is!

The only thing that jumped into my head is Quelques Fleurs (white box, handwritten "Quelques Fleurs L'Original&quot, but don't know if Nordstrom carries it. Thought maybe L'Air du Temps but that doesn't come in a white box.

8) I think Ladylonestar, could be right. I do have a listing for the notes, but it's a superficial list. QF was a landmark fragrance; supposedly it contains more than 300 'secret' ingredients. If Cedric reads this thread . . . he will help you.

Azsmells,

Do you mean the Nordstrom in Chandler? I go to the chandler mall almost every weekend; if I am there this weekend I can possibly look it up for you. It will help if you can describe the location of the bottle in a little more detail.

tuco

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylonestar
    I'm with JAG -- call the store, then be sure to let us know what it is!

The only thing that jumped into my head is Quelques Fleurs (white box, handwritten "Quelques Fleurs L'Original&quot, but don't know if Nordstrom carries it. Thought maybe L'Air du Temps but that doesn't come in a white box.

Ladylonestar I think you're right!! Quelques Fleurs L'Original sounds very similar. Another thing I remember was there is also a rose version of the scent.

Tuco I was actually staying in Scottsdale so I went to the Nordstroms there. I grew up half a mile from the Chandler mall, before it was built though.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!

Ladylonestar was right!
    I knew you all were geniuses

I found it really cheap too

http://www.1-click-perfumes.com/wome...s-fleurs-w.htm

Now what do you all think of this fragrance?

Oh- I LOVE Quelques Fleurs! It's my go-anywhere-scent, I can even wear it if I'm sick. I find it comforting but also classy. I've gotten a lot of nice compliments while wearing it. The nicest one I remember was in the winter and someone said, "You smell like a breath of springtime!"
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!

According to Perfume Encyclopedia, Quelques Fleurs L'Original was first introducted in 1912, described as a floral bouquet -- reintroducted in 1985 as a floral. I think I'm on my third bottle.

JAG

8) The original, made in 1912, was a landmark fragrance. Quelques Fleurs introduced the 'floral bouquet,' to the world of Paris perfumery. Skillfully blended, sensual, ageless. This can be worn by a woman who is 19, or 90.

And at every age, in between.

Yep! That's it... Quelques Rose...Quelques Fleur Quelques ??? ... LONEY KNOWS!!

I have Quelques Fleurs, I was able to find it at a bargain price, still in the cellophane from a seller on ebay. It is a nice fragrance--I agree it is timeless. I can't think of any fragrance with which to compare it.
    It is not overpowering, but it is lasting. It is a lovely floral bouquet.