Code of Conduct

Default Comme des Garcons Limited Edition

I just read in the Feb issue of Vogue UK that Comme des Garcons are bringing out a limited edition scent for Valentine's Day.

It's called Love Hurts and comes in a heart shaped bottle.

Barry
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Ladylonestar

Default Re: Comme des Garcons Limited Edition

Now THAT intrigues me! Thanks, Barry!

Thanks for the news, Prince!

I hope it's not CdG 2 again like all their last LEs. I have the fluffy white "I Love You" heart bottle.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

It is the CdG2 :-) Tig. It is made by Puig. Eric and I wrote about this last Christmas.

I called the CdG Parfum in Paris to ask about the Christmas LE. They said they did not make it and a few people were very dissapointed (me included:-) There were CdG3 on sale with 3 red be@rbrick instead.

The woman I talked to said Comme will consider if they will make it next year.
    http://blogsorbeta.blox.pl: CdG Series 8 Energy
    (Oct. 3rd).

Ladylonestar

So... there is no "Love Hurts"? Argh... these CdG's confuse the sheet out of me! >

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylonestar
    So... there is no "Love Hurts"? ÊArgh... these CdG's confuse the sheet out of me! >
    Well, I'm glad I finally got down to your post because I'm going -- WHAT? Are you saying that Love Hurts is the very same fragrance as CdG2? Does no one notice? And they can carry a series that is actually made by - say Avon? Now, this is really showing my ignorance, but are they just too lazy to make their own?

JAG ???

Yes, Love Hurts is a CdG2 LE for Valentine 2005. Repacking is Comme's "tradition" in making LEs.

Comme is not a "perfume factory":-) but a kind of lab. which makes mainly perfume "ideas" and "concepts". A lot of their frags are produced by other compaines, like IFF.

Comme and Puig have a deal to produce perfumes and other products for the CdG2 line. The perfume itself was created in 1999 and relaunched in 2003 with Puig.

It is not about being lazy, it is bussiness:-) A lot about Comme things are said and writen here, JAG. Just make a quick search:-)
    (Oct. 3rd).

Quote Originally Posted by nqth
    Yes, Love Hurts is a CdG2 LE for Valentine 2005. Repacking is Comme's "tradition" in making LEs.
    Okay, I think I get the idea. It's a LE for a particular occasion more so because of the packaging?

Comme is not a "perfume factory":-) but a kind of lab. which makes mainly perfume "ideas" and "concepts". A lot of their frags are produced by other compaines, like IFF.

It is not about being lazy, it is bussiness:-) A lot about Comme things are said and writen here, JAG. Just make a quick search:-)
    My thinking was that they were a "stand alone" perfume house. I'll be the first to admit that I am totally ignorant as to the "behind the scene" workings of fragrances. It always throws me off kilter a bit when when I see two designers connected to one fragrance.

I ordered samples of their Incense Series, which are wonderful, and some of the Reds sound equally as good. But, you can only go with so many at one time.

Thanks for the info.

JAG ;D

You are welcome, JAG :-)
    (Oct. 3rd).

It is the CdG2 :-) Tig.
    Oh no, not again!

How I wish they would pick the original EdP for the seasonal LE scent for a change!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

They didn't even made the EdP LE for Christmas:-(. And last Christmas was their 10th ann. for the EdP, you know:-)

I was so dissapointed I was hoping to get that "special" LE :-)

(Oct. 3rd).

You could compair CdGs limited editions to those of Lalique (but agree in a very different style). Every year Lalique puts the same perfume in a new bottle design with a different name.

CdG used to do this editions with their first/original fragrance but as CdG 2 is more popular Puig decided to go for the $$$.