Code of Conduct

Default Smelled SLs Miel de Bois yesterday.

Not everybody is going to like Miel de Bois, that's for sure.

The composition isn't linear, it takes time to smell every step from top to basenote. When you sniff the bottle it smells of honey water. On the skin it's totally different. First come very dry woody notes, oak specially and agar wood. There is sort of a therpentine/white spirit quality in there. Then comes the honey which together with the woody notes transformes into bees wax. Almost like Johnson Wax'Pledge but in a good way.

On a friend it stayed very dry and woody. On me after several hours only a soft note of wood remained, it was the honey that became dominant. My skin smelled of linden with just a bit of powdery notes.

Serge Lutens went back for Miel de Bois to contrasting notes early compositions but with the subtlity of his latest creations.

A must smell.

Default Re: Smelled SLs Miel de Bois yesterday.

Thanks for the review. I'm looking forward to try this. I love woody scents and I'm not just a little bit jealous of you right now.

Many thanks for the review, Cedric! MdB sounds very interesting indeed.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

OOOH, i am terribly jealous! I am so eager to try this scent! Soooo, I am gathering you would classify this as a "wood" scent and not a gourmand scent??

I would say it's woody.

This one does sound very interesting. Unfortunately I have found the recent releases in the export range to be sadly lacking.
    DONNA

It sounds indeed interesting but why oh why does it have to be another woodsy scent ?
    Serge Lutens does a great job whenever he creates a floral-- I was hoping he would sort out another one for this year. Now the hopes remain with the Palais Royal Scent.