Code of Conduct

Default Similar to Royal Bain de Caron ?

Similar to Royal Bain de Caron ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Similar to Royal Bain de Caron ?

I have never come across another scent that smells similar to the sparkling effervescense of Royal Bain.

Barry
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Default Re: Similar to Royal Bain de Caron ?

I may be way off here, but I think Habit Rouge bears a strong resemblance to Royal Bain. ╩I'm sorry, but I don't like either of them. ╩To me they smell like cheap-ass cologne. ╩I recently made a blind of purchase of a 6.8 oz bottle of Habit Rouge. ╩Oy Vey!! ╩From all the reviews I read, I was sure I was going to love it, but I just can't stand that cheap smell. ╩It smells like it was made somewhere in a massive cologne factory in 10,000 gallon drums. ╩I've given it many chances, and, indeed, several hours into the dry down it starts to smell pretty good with the leather coming out. ╩But I just can't make it through that rank smell in the first three or four hours. ╩Now I have a white elephant on my hands.

Sorry for the Habit Rouge digression. ╩And, please, no offence to anyone who likes HR. ╩I have been introduced to so many wonderful fragrances here at Basenotes including Egoiste, Yohji, Voleurs de Roses and on and on that I don't mind making an occasional mistake. ╩It's all part of my bittersweet education.