Code of Conduct

Default Similar to Royal Bain de Caron ?

Similar to Royal Bain de Caron ?

Default Re: Similar to Royal Bain de Caron ?

I have never come across another scent that smells similar to the sparkling effervescense of Royal Bain.

Barry
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Default Re: Similar to Royal Bain de Caron ?

I may be way off here, but I think Habit Rouge bears a strong resemblance to Royal Bain. I'm sorry, but I don't like either of them. To me they smell like cheap-ass cologne. I recently made a blind of purchase of a 6.8 oz bottle of Habit Rouge. Oy Vey!! From all the reviews I read, I was sure I was going to love it, but I just can't stand that cheap smell. It smells like it was made somewhere in a massive cologne factory in 10,000 gallon drums. I've given it many chances, and, indeed, several hours into the dry down it starts to smell pretty good with the leather coming out. But I just can't make it through that rank smell in the first three or four hours. Now I have a white elephant on my hands.

Sorry for the Habit Rouge digression. And, please, no offence to anyone who likes HR. I have been introduced to so many wonderful fragrances here at Basenotes including Egoiste, Yohji, Voleurs de Roses and on and on that I don't mind making an occasional mistake. It's all part of my bittersweet education.