Code of Conduct

Default Wrappings- Ugghh makes me so angry

Clinique truly makes me SICK. Why can't they at least sell this on their website? I contacted a dept store near where I live and they told me they had two gift sets left from Christmas time. I asked them to hold them for me and i would pick them up the next day, well I went to pick them up and they sold the d**n things to someone else. This was last friday and I thought I'd get over it but I just thought about it again while browsing on 1st Perfume's website where they sell the .85 oz for 100 bucks and the 1.7 for 249. This is absolutley absurd. I used to wear this stuff constantly as I found it to be quite unisex and crisp and I went through several 1.7 ox bottles as a teen, then they discontinue it. I have a little left but it still makes me so mad. Estee Lauder still carries Azuree and Aliage and no one buys these anymore really, and Clinique still carries Aromatics, but they discontinue Wrappings, which is a one of a kind scent that I can't find a suitible replacement for. I've emailed Clinique many tims about this and they always act really aloof and unconcerned. Ź>

They go and discontinue one of the greatest scents EVER but sell tripe like Happy and Simply? I don't get it. I think they should re-release it as unisex, and in small quantities (like Lauder does with Aliage and Azuree). But then again, that won't happen, because Clinique is all about teenage girls and their moms that love smelling like fruit juice. No offense intended but the prices Wrappings go for is absurd. Clinique would definitely sell this stuff if they would actually push it (they never did properly, even my mom thinks so) and only have small quantities at the counters. Hopefully they'll sell it again at mother's day. Anyone know about this? I still have 1/4 of my perfume spray and I haven't used the lotion or soap because I'm afraid too haha. The scent is out of this world. This is *THE* fragrance blunder of my time. I just don't understand.

Default Re: Wrappings- Ugghh makes me so angry

BTW the soap on Perfume Bay is 33 bucks a bar. Oh my.

I emailed Clinique again (did this about a year ago). Only this time I put in there that fact that all these internet retailers and ebay people are taking the giftsets and selling the individual pieces at absurd prices. I figure that this might irritate the money grubbing aspect of the EL company. They always respond quite quickly and politely, but aloof. For those who are interested there is a "Home Fragrance" at The Body Shop but I forget the name, they've been selling it for a few years at least, but anyway it has a "marine/ozone/pine" thing going similar to Wrappings. It's availible in oil and sprays etc I think. New West is still availible around here but it's more like Wrappings with an overload of sweet melon on top. I think I'll go get that Home Fragrance and try it out.

MJH

I really don't mind Clinique's strategy with Wrappings: after all, it was discontinued altogether at one time, but was then reintroduced as a seasonal item. I bought two giftsets in the Winter of 2003, and passed the spray on to an overseas friend, then bought another two sets a few months ago. In each case, they were far less expensive than the heavily promoted fragrances all around them. If I were a different sort of man, I would have bought all the giftsets they carried to sell on eBay. I've accepted that I have to wait until the few months right before Christmas to buy it, but at least I can still buy it locally at a reasonable price, which is more than I can say for dozens of other scents.

212 anyone?

heh-heh 8)

Ladylonestar

Perhaps 'Clinique' seeks to preserve Wrappings by not overexposing it. I don't know. At least (for now) it's still available every year, and very reasonably priced, too. One thing you can do, Anthem81, is call around to Clinique counters at department stores to see if they have any gift sets left; if so, order and have them shipped to you.

Some of us have witnessed many fragrance blunders through the years -- greats (or favorites) discontinued or "modernized". We would be grateful if they were brought back even just once a year. I know I would. :'(

Anyway, I have always heard that where there's a will, there's a way.... so keep trying!

I know how you feel. The demise of Wrappings is how I found the chat boards in the first place. After paying $75 dollars on ebay for a small bottle I thought there must be a better way. I pick up 2 gift sets every year; the lotion is just wonderfully scented. Wrappings was my signature scent before I became an addict - laughing at myself here. Just start looking for them around October at the Clinique counters and snap up all you need. They're always $35-, very reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by anthem81
    ...they discontinue Wrappings, which is a one of a kind scent that I can't find a suitible replacement for. I've emailed Clinique many tims about this and they always act really aloof and unconcerned. Ź>
    Yeah- it's pretty rough- I totally commiserate. I donāt know who makes these decisions. At least, as others have noted, if you hit it right you can still get Wrappings and that is a positive thing. On the downside, if you miss it, you have to wait a whole year. LadyL has a good idea to call around to different stores and see if they can ship it out to you. Itās worth a try.
    Scent is such a lovely, simple pleasure!

Hey Guys,

I have never worn Wrappings but after reading your posts, I looked on Ebay and found they have gift sets along with individual selections. Several days left to bid. Might be worth taking a look.

Nothing worse than loving a scent you can't get your hands on! >

JAG

Clinique Wrappings. First of all, I love this fragrance and have used it since it came on the market. Like many others I was so angry when it was discontinued, but then was relieved to find it available in a gift set from Harrods, London. My other comment, which to me is even more important than actually loving the fragrance, is that it is so far the only fragrance - and believe me I've tried loads - that doesn't give me a migraine. I've suffered from migraine for over forty years and many perfumes that I've tried have given me an attack almost instantly. Sometimes even walking through a perfume department in a store, will give me a migraine because of the heady mix of perfumes in the air. I'm not joking, maybe we could get the EL company to reintroduce Wrappings widely on medical grounds!? Just a thought and a new twist to the problem. Annie.

Interesting, Annie - this thread is so old it will be interesting to see if anyone else still wears Wrappings - I thought that the thread was going to be about excessive packaging before opening it

Blog Entries

http://www.thymes.com/Products/Colog...-Leaf-Cologne/

Try this Thymes cologne company. This one called 'Goldleaf' reminded me of Wrappings' I seem to recall.

http://www.thymes.com/Fragrances/Gol...Eau-de-Parfum/
    Last edited by kumquat; 12th March 2014 at 01:59 PM.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Very old thread revived, but I still have a tube of Wrappings lotion, but I sold off my parfum as it was too intense for me and lasted too long, to the point of making me feel sick of smelling it.

I'm pretty sure Clinique still brings it out at Christmas each year-- at least they were still doing that 3 or so years ago, when I bought my last set.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Very old thread revived, but I still have a tube of Wrappings lotion, but I sold off my parfum as it was too intense for me and lasted too long, to the point of making me feel sick of smelling it.

I'm pretty sure Clinique still brings it out at Christmas each year-- at least they were still doing that 3 or so years ago, when I bought my last set.
    I completely agree. They do bring it out every year during the holiday season. It's very popular but it makes me a little ill too.

Blog Entries

I prefer the 'Thymes Goldleaf'. It's similar, but less plastic in the dry down. The lotion is very pretty.

kumquat - do you really find them similar? I see they both have hyacinth and oakmoss, but it must be the more unusual additions of artemisia and nutmeg that make Wrappings so extremely unappealing to me, because at least on paper, everything else in it *seems* pretty nice. I really like Goldleaf though ...I actually just acquired a little bottle and am looking forward to wearing it.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

You know I never researched it, I'm going from memory. I just recall 'Wrappings' had a harsh plastic ending I hated. Maybe it was artemisia. I don't like it at all!

I hope you like the 'Goldleaf' that hyacinth was pretty, as I recall.
    Last edited by kumquat; 15th March 2014 at 05:18 PM.