Code of Conduct

Default Estee Pure Fragrance Spray

My mother wore this alot when I was a little one. I think the sillage is extremely unique and has a soft baby soapy clean note that makes you feel fuzzy inside. I remember the house and her Honda Accord smelling like this for years. Nothing out there like this. Makes me think of baby blue and soft grey. Super cologne in this one sucks though...ew.

Default Re: Estee Pure Fragrance Spray

come to think of it, this is prolly the first fragrance I ever smelled.

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by anthem81
    come to think of it, this is prolly the first fragrance I ever smelled.
    Pardon my ignorance, Anthem81, but what does "prolly" mean? :-[

"prolly" is internet slang for "probably". Also lots of people here in NC (the natives that is) say prolly, so I guess it's rubbed off on me. It's actually kinda silly now that I think of it, but then again I'm a silly, light hearted person.

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by anthem81
    "prolly" is internet slang for "probably". Also lots of people here in NC (the natives that is) say prolly, so I guess it's rubbed off on me. It's actually kinda silly now that I think of it, but then again I'm a silly, light hearted person.
    Oh, I see. Thanks.

If Estee smelled the same on me as it did a girl I worked with, I might actually have a signature fragrance. Never have I witnessed a fragrance and chemistry come together in such a euphoric and hypnotic blend.

Same for Red Door. You don't recognize it as Red Door if it is in harmony with your chemistry.

Make that two signature fragrances I would have.

JAG

No prob Ladylonestar....I've been asked that eleventy times, lots of people on the net use it instead of probably because they're lazy...haha. Alright enough computer for me for now...I'm gonna go play some bass.

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by JAG
    If Estee smelled the same on me as it did a girl I worked with, I might actually have a signature fragrance.  Never have I witnessed a fragrance and chemistry come together in such a euphoric and hypnotic blend.  

Same for Red Door.  You don't recognize it as Red Door if it is in harmony with your chemistry.

Make that two signature fragrances I would have.

JAG
    Estee is actually the fragrance that I called my signature scent for many years. It's still my favorite perfume and still my Number One compliment-getter. I've been through over a hundred bottles of it and this past year is the first year in forever that I haven't finished at least one bottle of it. If I ever get back around to my own "soul mate" thread, it will be Estee. Estee Lauder discontinued the big jar of perfumed body creme, but I still have one that I've had for several years, and recently I bought one, NIB still sealed, on ebay. I still prefer the creme over the lotion. I also still have a miniature pure parfum of Estee that came out as part of a gift set long ago. Sometimes I prefer the Pure Fragrance and sometimes I prefer the Super Cologne.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylonestar
    Estee is actually the fragrance that I called my signature scent for many years.  It's still my favorite perfume and still my Number One compliment-getter.  
    I thought I remembered that you had worn Estee. After reading the previous posts last night, I pulled out my nearly empty bottle for a quick spritz, then went immediately to Estee Lauder on line and ordered another bottle. This is one perfume that, if it blends with your chemistry, is outrageously gorgeous. It is pronounced yet sweet and gentle with a distinct purity that is sublime. If, through some unimaginable circumstance, I could keep only ten of my perfumes, Estee would be among the number . . . and that is saying a lot!

JAG

I was JUST getting ready to tell this person to ask the expert...Ladylonestar who epitomizes ESTEE.

I love Estee in all its forms!

Ladylonestar

Yay! More Estee-lovers! I'm just grinning ear-to-ear. I can't help it -- it just makes me so happy to know others appreciate this beautiful fragrance, too. I would just love to smell Estee on someone other than myself. Would you believe that in all these years I have NEVER smelled it on a single person!? About five years ago, a sales assistant at the EL counter at one of the Foley's here said it was going to be discontinued. I found out later that was untrue, but I've been "jumpy" ever since. :'(

Another Estee lover here, thanks to a decant from our Loney a long time ago. There's something so hauntingly beautiful and classic about it. My gal pal at work wears it frequently, and since I personally consider it her signature scent, I'm not her "fragrance twin" very often. It is perfect for her, too.
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West

Ladylonestar

Fufu, should we tell Socalwoman and JAG that if they love Estee, they just might very well love First? Or should we keep that secret? ;D About a year and a half ago, Plumeria told me that since I love Estee I might love Crepe de Chine.... she was right! I do.

I doubt they'll discontinue it. It sells better than any of 70's Lauder's except for White Linen.

speaking of WL, does anyone else think she ripped off Chanell No. 22 with that one. WL gives me a horrid headache when I'm around people who wear it. yuck.

Ladylonestar

No. I don't think White Linen is a No. 22 rip-off. To me they're very different fragrances, but, of course, that's just my opinion. I love both of them.

I see more a conection between Estée and n°22: white flowers heart and encens base.

But I could be wrong.

While Estee and 22 might be similar, I find Estee to have a strong carnation note similar to the one in Norell. Estee is much more soapy and innocent than Norell though. I stand by my 22/White Linen comparison though. 22 is a bit warmer in the dry down than WL which is just harsh and has a pronounced rose/lilac thing going on. I don't see how people get past the first 30 min of WL. My head starts hurting just thinking about it. It's almost gaseous (sp?). Also I can really pick out the honey/orris note in Estee and I can also pick it out in Magie Noire (which in my opinion isn't near as spicy and dark as reviews I've read).

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylonestar
    Fufu, should we tell Socalwoman and JAG that if they love Estee, they just might very well love First?  Or should we keep that secret? ;D  About a year and a half ago, Plumeria told me that since I love Estee I might love Crepe de Chine.... she was right!  I do.
    Toooooo late. ;D  You gotta know with as many bottles as I have that I would for sure have First.  And Crepe de Chine was one of my more recent purchases.  I had not noticed, but they are extremely similar.  Estee, to me, is like a close first cousin with just a slight edge.  (Why does something always smell better when you know someone else likes it, too?  I'm sniffing the CdC I just sprayed and it is wonderful - not quite a pungent as First.)

Have you guys noticed how much better perfume is at night as opposed to morning and right out of the shower?  Maybe it's just me (I have very dry skin) but I'm thinking the oil in my skin gets replenished somewhat during the day so the perfume chemistricizes (I just made up that word) better.  

All I can say about First and Crepe de Chine is I'm so glad I already have them or I would be surfing at this very moment!

Later . . . JAG

RubyT.Hummingbird

This thread prompted me to pull out an old favorite (Pure Fragrance Spray form) after many months of neglect--and also to make my first post on Basenotes! Hello and thanks for reminding me of my love for one of Lauder's original classics.

Ladylonestar

Hi, RubyT! Welcome to Basenotes! ;D

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by RubyT.Hummingbird
    This thread prompted me to pull out an old favorite (Pure Fragrance Spray form) after many months of neglect--and also to make my first post on Basenotes!  Hello and thanks for reminding me of my love for one of Lauder's original classics.
    Hi Ruby T.

Same thing happened to me with Estee (as well as several others). Estee is certainly a classic and one I will keep in the forefront from now on.

Glad to have you here; I know you will enjoy reading and sharing your opinions.

JAG ;D

RubyT.Hummingbird

Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone (so nice to see you, Ladylonestar!). A long time ago, I told myself I would only post on POL--I was trying to limit the obsession, dontcha know. I thought if I stayed with one perfume website only...well, I threw in the towel on that plan. Have to read both sites, and now, post on both, too.

Happy to be here. :-)

MJH

Quote Originally Posted by RubyT.Hummingbird
    Happy to be here. :-)
    I'm late as usual, but Welcome to Basenotes, RubyT!

RubyT.Hummingbird

Thanks, MJH. Lots of friendly old faces here.