Code of Conduct

Default Is Fracas similar to Chloe?

I work with a lady who I'm good friends with and her birthday is coming up on the 20th and I was thinking of getting her some perfume. She's 28 and has been wearing Chloe since she started wearing perfume. I think Fracas might work from what I've read about it, is it similar to Chloe? Another one I was thinking of is the original Carolina Herrera. Any help is appreciated.

Default Re: Is Fracas similar to Chloe?

Quote Originally Posted by anthem81
    I work with a lady who I'm good friends with and her birthday is coming up on the 20th and I was thinking of getting her some perfume. She's 28 and has been wearing Chloe since she started wearing perfume. I think Fracas might work from what I've read about it, is it similar to Chloe? Another one I was thinking of is the original Carolina Herrera. Any help is appreciated.
    My initial response was going to be that Chloe and Fracas were nothing alike. Then, I sprayed my Fracas and realized that they are somewhat similar. I would say Chloe is the introvert while Fracas is the extrovert. I haven't worn Carolina Herrera but, recalling the scent from memory, it doesn't seem to have quite the depth of Fracas. All three are beautiful scents with Fracas being my favorite and probably the most classic.

BUT, be sure and get several opinions as I don't have the nose that many others on the Board have.

JAG

To me Fracas is a beautiful gardenia, and Chloe is a fruity floral, which I don't care for.
    I think that they are quite different from each other. ???

All 3 are tuberose based, so if that is the note your lady friend likes in ChloŽ the others will work aswell. ChloŽ is indeed more fruity, CH is spicier with a touch of warm vanilla, as for Fracas it smells to me like the purest tuberose of the 3. Also Fracas is, it's not really the term I'm looking for, "fresher" than the others...maybe it's because it has less dominant basenotes than ChloŽ and CH (altho Fracas has a good dose of musk).

As Cedric said, all three are definitely Tuberose-based. Fracas is definitely my favourite among them, and yes, it is a bit fresher due to a sharp green note included in the top notes. If you are looking for a classic feminine tuberose, I'd also reccomend Gianfranco Ferre, it is very beautiful without being as agressive as Fracas. I know many people wear Fracas as their signature, but for me it is more an evening scent, while Chloe is a bit less extravagant. Also try Annick Goutal Gardenia Passion (there is no gardenia note really, it is also tuberose).
    'I am not difficult, I am definite!' - Hedy Lamarr

I would say that Fracas and Chloe certainly have things in common. As a matter of fact the first time I tried Fracas a couple years ago (in parfum,) it reminded me so much of Chloe I figured I wouldnât buy it. Well, I wear Chloe considerably less these days, but am a Fracas-Freak now. They are both intensely floral with Chloe having more of a fruity nature up front. Both give you that lush, tuberose hit- as others have pointed out. I find Fracas to ultimately be cleaner and clearer though. Where Chloe keeps broiling away on the sweet level, Fracas get soft and clean. This is probably only on my chemistry though, as others have dubbed Fracas as more ăextroverted.ä I see it the other way around however.

In answer to your question, I do think if someone likes Chloe they probably will also like Fracas. I also think something like Quelques Fleurs could be a hit as well. While it's a little greener to start, it's also a very lovely, full floral. Also, since she likes Chloe, you might also consider Joy. All these are full-out florals, but if she's a Chloe-gal, there's a good chance she can handle any other full-bodied floral.
    Respond intelligently even to unintelligent treatment.
    - Lao Tzu