Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So what's Nu?

Default So what's Nu?

[Sigh] captivated yet again : You know how it goes...you have decants of so many scents that you sometimes forget what you've sampled and what you haven't.

So what's with Nu? It's a winnah!!!! ;D ;D Good grief, I can't believe I overlooked a whole quarter ounce or so that a dearheart sent to me. Initially, it made me think of sweaty leather. Ugh. And then....as it bloomed, it dug its lovely heels in and transformed into something uniquely outdoorsy, fresh, leathery and utterly captivating.

Dang it, Tigs...I think I first heard of this from you I gotta have more, much more, of this stuff.

Dear Loney, you did the same thing to me with Eau des Merveilles and I'm almost out of my first bottle already ;D ;D

Yet y'know, I almost feel sorry for those out there who don't love their perfumes as much as we all do! They're missing out on sooooo much!
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West

Default Re: So what's Nu?

I got some Nu edp at TJMaxx, and I love it. It figures I fall for it after it has been discontinued.
    It has this incensy woody thing going on, so perfect for fall!

Serpent

I don't think Nu has been discontinued. There are rampant rumors of its imminent discontinuation, but Nu is still listed on the Parfums Yves Saint Laurent website.

Serpent: Thanks for posting that link.
    That is a neat site.
    I lucked out in TJ maxx I got some soap, body cream and the edp.
    I guess since it is being pulled out of the stores.
    although I do know "out of stores" does not mean "discontinued", but I thought that Nu was the last trace of Ford that YSL wanted to get rid of.

Hello,

I've been told several times at big city department stores, that NU has been discontinued, in the United States. I don't know if that's true, but you can find NU listed at many websites, for purchase. Because I like bargains, I bought an EDP at Scentiments, for twenty dollars. I would describe this fragrance, as androgynous. There is an orchid note that makes itself known, about halfway through the drydown. In the end, I find the fragrance to be woody with incense, and pepper. In my opinion, both sexes can wear NU. I always get comments, when I wear it. They aren't necessarily compliments, but usually I'm asked what I'm wearing. NU is offbeat, but I find it to be, quite chic. The EDT is more floral, but still . . . to my nose, it's unisex. I find too, that the EDT changes more during drydown, than the EDP, much the way CinÄma does. Anyway, if you're willing to wear something unexpected . . . try this.

Sephora.com still lists the EDP, body cream, and soap on their website, too.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Quote Originally Posted by mgarisbn
    There is an orchid note that makes itself known, about halfway through the drydown. ╩In the end, I find the fragrance to be woody with incense, and pepper....Anyway, if you're willing to wear something unexpected . . . try this.
    It could well be that the wood and pepper made my heart do a whoopsie 8), combined with that whiff of leather, the kind that squeaks its newness like a shiny new pair of cowgirl/cowboy boots.

Yes, Bonski, it is perfect for fall! I can see it working for me well into winter as a favorite comfort scent, too.

Hi FuFu . . .

Do you find NU to be unisex, or not?

Do you find NU to be unisex, or not?
    Oh, most definitely, mgarisbn, I would consider this unisex. I think it could be dynamite for either gender ;D ;D A guy could carry this one off very well! 8) Hopefully, my patient husband will let me dab some on him now that I think of it...

Ladylonestar

Et tu, Fufu?

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylonestar
    Et tu, Fufu? ╩
    :P Hi Ladylonestar,

I know you can't cope with NU, and I am the first to admit that this is an UNUSUAL, fragrance. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't call NU a perfume, at all. Maybe more of a 'scent accessory?' Or, in CdG terminology, an 'odeur?' But NU does not give me a headache, and it does elicit comments. So, what the heck? I'll 'wear' one disc of it, out.

Let's put it this way.........
    Nu has been at Marshalls and TJ Maxx........You haven't seen Opium or Paris there.

I got some when it first came out and thought I liked it but gotta say....most unisex perfumes are not for me.

;D ╩Hi, Glorious!! ╩Ah, but I HAVE seen Opium at the 'Maxx.' ╩Very seldom, but a spare bottle here and there. ╩It wasn't that cheap, even at T.J.'s, but I have seen it. ╩You need to start camping out overnight, Glorious . . . you have to be there when the doors first open, or you miss the really good merchandise. ╩As for Paris . . . gosh, I can't remember . . . but, wait! ╩I HAVE seen some gift sets of Paris at T.J. Maxx, during Xmas! ╩Yes, I have. They looked a little flimsy, though. Like some things that may have 'happened by' someplace, in an alley. But I did see a few gift boxes, with Paris and what looked like a lotion or gel of some sort. ╩Anyway . . . I understand your feelings about NU. ╩I say it all the time . . . it is NOT mainstream. ╩But for me, it's an 'experience.

Woohaa, welcome to the Nu world, Blue!

I've hoarded the b&b stuff from sales (the lotion, cream and soap are all divine!) and received EdP from perfume pals less enamoured with it. :

IMHO Nu is the ultimate 21st Century Film Noir Femme Fatale fragrance, many seem to disagree but to hell with them! ;D
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darŘber muss man schreiben."

Hello Tigrushka,

You sound a bit . . . tempestuous, today. You call NU a femme fatale fragrance . . . do you not find NU to be unisex, at all?

MJH

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka
    IMHO Nu is the ultimate 21st Century Film Noir Femme Fatale fragrance, many seem to disagree but to hell with them! ;D

Or rather, a big ole migraine to them!

In my case, the floral notes are what I've had difficulties with (to the headache-inducing stage) but I've discovered I'm made of stronger stuff than I thought! :-[
    I recently discovered (by way of Chamade Pour Homme) that my palette (or palate) for floral notes has expanded, so I've been revisiting scents that I would have found unwearable only a few months ago. InsensÄ, 212 Men, Nu: all have been re-evaluated with pleasing results.

And here I was nearly ready to ask Serpent about forming a Nu-Hater's Club.....

Quote Originally Posted by MJH
    Or rather, a big ole migraine to them!
    ;D ;D ;D ;D

I've been revisiting scents that I would have found unwearable only a few months ago. InsensÄ, 212 Men, Nu: all have been re-evaluated with pleasing results.

:

??? We've been talking about the NU EDP. Has anyone any comments about the 'men's NU,' which is the LIGHTER, EDT version?? I've seen the EDT marketed as NU MAN, NU HOMME, Nu for men, etc. Meanwhile, when it entered circulation, this too, was intended to be a women's fragrance. I have the EDT. It does have more florals, in it. Iris, Jasmine, and Orchid. It contains, less pepper. But to my nose, the drydown is still musky, with incense and woods. I would call this one androgynous, as well. Florals or no florals, there's just something piercing about this fragrance, that makes it wearable on a man. Maybe that's why I've seen it called NU MAN. ???

Ladylonestar

??? ╩We've been talking about the NU EDP. ╩Has anyone any comments about the 'men's NU,' which is the LIGHTER, EDT version?? ╩I've seen the EDT marketed as NU MAN, NU HOMME, Nu for men, etc. ╩Meanwhile, when it entered circulation, this too, was intended to be a women's fragrance. ╩I have the EDT. ╩It does have more florals, in it. ╩Iris, Jasmine, and Orchid. ╩It contains, less pepper. ╩But to my nose, the drydown is still musky, with incense and woods. ╩I would call this one androgynous, as well. ╩Florals or no florals, there's just something piercing about this fragrance, that makes it wearable on a man. ╩Maybe that's why I've seen it called NU MAN. ╩ ???
    I had the EdP miniature, and I bought the bottle of EdT to see if it was more "wearable" for me. However, both versions, unfortunately, gave me 'orrible 'eadaches, 'enry 'iggins! I also didn't find them to be all that different. They now live very happily with Tigs. :-* As to whether or not it's unisex -- sure. I really have no idea why fragrances like NU, Kingdom, Le Baiser du Dragon, Narciso Rodriguez, Eau des Merveilles, Bandit were marketed exclusively to women. But then, I'm not sure why Coriolan and Habit Rouge are marketed exclusively for men either. ???

If you change your mind, Mark, just let us know! We welcome new members. We felt, however, that "Nu-Hater's Club" was too extreme a term. We're a peaceful group and are staunchly opposed to hatred and violence. In fact, we hate violent people and if any violent people try to slip in, we'll flat out kick the livin' daylights out of 'em! We've not decided on a name for our peaceful little group yet, but a few suggestions have been: "No-NUs is Good-NUs Club", "The NU Be Gone Group", "NU Busters", and my favorite, "YSL MY ASS(ociation)!" Sure, they don't make much sense, but neither does NU, so it's really tough to come up with a name because no one really knows what "NU" means. ??? Some of our members even feel NU should be sold with a bottle of Excedrin. (Well, okay -- this is MY suggestion actually). What do we do at our meetings? Well, not much really. It's what we DON'T do that matters -- we don't wear NU. We sit around and don't wear NU. But we have plans; for example, we plan to plan more activities, meaningful activities, in the future. ??? Where the heck is Serpent when you need him? :-[

:P Mr. Serpent has made his feelings eminently clear, about this fragrance. I do not argue with some of what he has to say. Nu IS an odd . . . smell. But sometimes, odd smells appeal to people. Sometimes I want to smell different. But Ladylonestar, I've got to tell you that just as with your EstÄe, THIS is the one scent, that gets comments for me. Some of the comments are enigmatic, but not all. I've had compliments . . . my hairdresser goes crazy over it. I wore Eau Sauvage for twenty odd years as a signature, because I loved it. But nary a compliment, came my way. :-? Besides, I bought NU, cheap.

Ladylonestar

:P ╩Mr. Serpent has made his feelings eminently clear, about this fragrance.
    Yep. He has. As have I. As many of us rightfully have, whether it's love it or don't love it. And probably we'll continue to do so. While still respecting each other and remaining close friends.

I do not argue with some of what he has to say.
    I do not argue with anything he has to say. We sometimes have differing opinions, but we don't argue about them.

Nu IS an odd . . . smell.
    Actually, I don't find NU all that odd-smelling. I am merely teasing my NU-loving friends. NU is somewhat sexy even, I think. It just happens to give me a headache from hell. And I simply find it out of place, packaging and all, among the other YSL fragrances. Merely my humble opinion.

But sometimes, odd smells appeal to people.
    I agree. I love Messe de Minuit and some people find it odd-smelling.

Sometimes I want to smell different.
    Me, too.

But Ladylonestar, I've got to tell you that just as with your EstÄe, THIS is the one scent, that gets comments for me. ╩Some of the comments are enigmatic, but not all. ╩I've had compliments . . . my hairdresser goes crazy over it.
    Fabulous!

I wore Eau Sauvage for twenty odd years as a signature, because I loved it. ╩But nary a compliment, came my way. ╩:-?
    I'm sorry to hear that. But... you loved it!

Besides, I bought NU, cheap.
    I know how you love a bargain!

damn,

I was interested in this because I saw it cheap, but I passed because I ended up getting some Kouros instead. I'm glad I got the Kouros, but still...It pisses me off how they won't let you open a box at Marshalls to smell something EVEN if there is no shrink wrap. And they moved all the fragrances up by the cash registers just to ensure this. >

Serpent

Please, don't drag me into another Nu war. Not so soon! I've got enough circular scars as it is. Let's let the Nu lovers have their thread to celebrate their scent. Play nice, mes enfants.

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by Serpent
    Play nice, mes enfants.
    Always. It's the only way to play.

Please, don't drag me into another Nu war. ň╩Not so soon! ň╩I've got enough circular scars as it is. ň╩Let's let the Nu lovers have their thread to celebrate their scent. ň╩Play nice, mes enfants.

Circular Scars!?!

LOL!

Hey that gives me an idea. Us guys could keep Nu in our back pockets like Skoal chewing tobacco. People would see the ring in our back pockets and just assume we were MANLY MEN!!! ...they'd be none the wiser.

Til' someone asks for a pinch!

Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy
    Circular Scars!?!
    From so many Nu lovers lobbing those bonko, compact-inspired bottles at poor little me...

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylonestar
    Et tu, Fufu?
    Yes, mon ami, Diabolus fecit, ut id facerem! (i.e., the Devil made me do it...)

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka
    Woohaa, welcome to the Nu world, Blue! ╩
    Oh, and what a beautiful Nu world it is, Tigs! ;D ;D I already ordered a bottle of it on eBay, chalking it up on my I Want This Scent And I Want It NOW list. Even Mr. Blue remarked on how wonderful I smelled when I walked in the door last night. Yes, ultra-conservative I Want My Woman To Eat, Sleep, Breathe, Think, Act, and Smell Like A Woman Mr. Blue.

There I was for the longest time in a deadlock of disinterest, totally indifferent to such fanciful whims as trying something nu (pardon the pun) - my perfume pursuits had gone from simmer to cold lethargy. I hadn't noted any frags that piqued my fancy or beckoned to my charge card. Hah! Looks like I'm back in town again!

Maybe Nu was simply misspelled...

"Found in Southern and Eastern Africa, the gnu (pronounced g-nu or new) is a really unique animal that looks like a combination of many others. With its ox-like head, the mane of a horse and buffalo horns it may not be as attractive as our websites - but does have a lot of character."

Hi FuFu,

How interesting . . . I think I've run into a few of these creatures, on big city streets. Anyway, what has this to do with NU? My impression was that NU meant 'naked,' as in a naked body??

Serpent

"Nu" is indeed French for "naked." I think Nu is one of the more poorly named fragrances out there. Like it or not, it really doesn't speak to anything like skin or nudity or vulnerability. I think Nu is most definitely a scent that conceals rather than reveals.

Hi Serpent,

Agreed. ╩I don't like the name, either. To be honest, the entire NU campaign was off center from the start. ╩The fragrance itself was 'difficult.' NU was a trifle, bizarre.╩The ads were somewhat banal, to my eye. ╩The packaging was cold. ╩Tom Ford announced that he wore NU, even though the fragrance was launched, for women. It was downhill, from there. ╩But for 20 bucks, at Scentiments . . . and because I'm willing to take a chance now and then . . . I'll use up my disc. Also, it's fun to throw people off balance, once in a while. ╩This happens, often enough with me, but when I wear NU, it's guaranteed.

Ladylonestar

Ah, you're such a good sport, Fufu! I'm really very happy for your new NU. ??? Hmm... I think I'm jealous because NU is probably just too modern for me, and you know what they say: You can't teach an old dog nu tricks. Oh, wait! I think I have that wrong. I think it's: You can't teach an old dog gnu tricks. : Whatever. You know I love ya, gal! Enjoy! :-*

I tried the EDT & EDP. I found the EDT on the unpleasant side; maybe too much incense? But I rather enjoyed the EDP. It reminded me of Tabac Original for some reason.

Side note: I wore Safari EDP about a month ago and it reminded me of Tabac Original as well. I got shot down on the mens board for suggesting that it could be worn as a men's scent; I was wondering what the always lovely ladies thought. K.
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

╩Hi FuFu, ╩Anyway, what has this to do with NU? ╩My impression was that NU meant 'naked,' as in a naked body??
    ;D ;DJust my off the wall sense of humor, mgarisbn I was making way for the those who might want to segue into poking some fun at Nu...or Gnu...whether it be perfume or beast.

This post has had me laughing all day.

╩Hi FuFu,

I'm so happy to hear that. ╩Heck, what's fragrance for, anyway? ╩And while we're 'laughing,' even if NU is at the far edge of the world, so what? Suppose you've got a confrontational day coming. ╩Why not put off your colleagues, a little bit? Wear NU.

Quote Originally Posted by FufuLaRue
    Even Mr. Blue remarked on how wonderful I smelled when I walked in the door last night. Yes, ultra-conservative I Want My Woman To Eat, Sleep, Breathe, Think, Act, and Smell Like A Woman Mr. Blue.
    ;D

As I've told many times the first time I was testing Nu Mr.Tigs came home and came running from the hall and wanted to know what was the irresistible perfume I was wearing... Yes, I bought my first bottle of Nu (now long gone) the very next day! ;D

Maybe Nu was simply misspelled...

"Found in Southern and Eastern Africa, the gnu (pronounced g-nu or new) is a really unique animal that looks like a combination of many others. With its ox-like head, the mane of a horse and buffalo horns it may not be as attractive as our websites - but does have a lot of character."
    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Good one, Blue! ;D

I wanted Nu to work for me. I did! I did! Unfortunately, it went "harsh" on me like most scents with incense do. My bottle found a new home with Tig.

I have a suggestion for those who can't wear Nu and would like to find an incense fragrance. Passage d'Enfer! Imo it smells like a Catholic church, complete with lillies, holy water and incense burning in the background.

:P HI, PHD . . .

I've never tried the scent you suggest, but to be honest, I'm not big on smelling like churches. As I told Ladylonestar, not long ago . . . the reason why I got sick of EstÄe was that when it made its debut, rows of women in pews, were wearing it. Add to that, candles burning during an SRO Easter service, and you've got major sillage from each direction. But then again, NU smells like an Oriental temple! At least, to me. Anyway, I wore NU yesterday, to make some holiday deliveries. The woman standing behind me in line at the Post Office, asked me what scent I had on. The woman who weighed my packages and metered my cards, asked me what scent I had on. So did a couple of the people to whom I delivered holiday presents. Mind you, I did not receive direct compliments, but they did ask. And NU seems to work for me, at least in fall and winter. I do NOT find this scent, to be overtly feminine in the least. I can think of several 'male' scents that easily could go both ways, one of them being 3rd Man. I like NU. I'm glad I decided to buy it . . . at a great price, of course.

I agree, Mgarisbn. It's very wearable for a man or woman. I don't particularly like old churches but I do enjoy the smell of old cathedrals, and here may be part of the attraction for me.

Another part of its magic for me was that it reminded me of old books, especially old leathery ones ;D

Serpent

I agree, Mgarisbn. ╩It's very wearable for a man or woman.
    They've all just completely lost their minds...

Oops! Heh heh... Uh, did I type that? ;D

Oops! ╩Heh heh... ╩Uh, did I type that? ╩ ;D
    :P Yes, Mr. Serpent . . . you did type that. The Serpent's poison keyboard, tap tap tapping on our windowsills. Happy Holidays, to you. May the new year bring you all the sniffs, that you could possibly desire.

Oops! Heh heh... Uh, did I type that? ;D
    Yes you did, Mr. Kingdom aka Leader of the Armpit Army.

;D

:P Let me tell you, the more I wear this fragrance, the more I like it. NU may be the one, pure, androgynous perfume. It is masculine and feminine at the same time; the choice is up to your own nose, to decide. It's possible that you won't be able to decide. This fragrance has a beginning, a middle and an end. It starts with a blast of pepper and spice, but this soon dissipates . . . I mean within seconds. Before too long, something floral starts to surface, but at all times it is tempered and tamed by woods. I find the base of the fragrance to be heavy on incense and woods, and again the pepper reappears. Nu has unity, because the conclusion of the scent resembles its opening blast, but to a smooth, less insistent degree. This is not the case with CinÄma, which ends up smelling nothing like it does when it first opens. NU had big marketing problems . . . it should have been introduced as a unisex, fragrance 'accessory,' or some such thing. Not a feminine scent. As a result, the whole concept unraveled. NU ended up sold at deep discounts. I may buy some more.

the man who brought this fragrance on the market must be a genius,don't you agree? ;D
    mgarisbn, maybe you should give M7 ,or M7 fresh another chance?

just kidding Michael

:-X Hi Eric,

No. But he certainly thinks he is.

:-X ╩Hi Eric,

No. ╩But he certainly thinks he is. ╩
    lol!

Serpent

Nu's all over the discounters this holiday season, and I came across a big set of the eau de parfum, lotion, and shower gel for $19.99 last night at TJ Maxx. ╩Now if there's anything I'm a sucker for, it's a deal, and I snatched up a box real quick like (as we'd say in Texas). ╩And here was the crux: ╩Do I get this incredible deal of 50 mL of eau de parfum, lotion, and shower gel of what may be perhaps the most disagreeable fragrance of all time, just because it happens to be a good deal? ╩So there I was, with all this Nu in hand, mightily tempted to buy it just because it was so cheap. ╩Should I get something I hate just because it's marked down so heavily? ╩Finally I opened the top box (I naturally snagged the one unopened gift set) and gave it a whiff, and that set me right. ╩No Nu for me.

Nu is so... ╩violent. ╩It's always struck me as... ╩It's always just struck me. ╩It's an assault. ╩It pains me, it lacerates and tears at the nerves and flesh. ╩It's angular and jagged and only hones its edges more as it wears on. ╩Nu is the most sadistic, cruel, unfeeling scent, and smelling it last night brought all the mean, unpleasant memories back of this fragrance back. ╩All the praise that's been heaped upon it in this thread just perplexes and even in a way saddens me. ╩There are many scents that I dislike, but none of them cause me anguish the way Nu does. ╩I know it sounds melodramatic, but I don't mean it to: ╩smelling Nu just plain hurts. ╩This is a really wicked concoction.

Serp, are you perfectly sure you're not actually describing Chanel no 19?

Or Envy?

:P ╩Hi Serpent. ╩Happy Holidays to you, from a wicked wearer of NU. ╩ Serpent, I came close to a nervous collapse, during the discussion of who should be Chanel's new 'face.' ╩After a few days, and with a glass or two of good wine to help me out, I felt better. ╩NU is not for everyone. ╩It's a trifle bizarre. ╩But NU is not evil, or diabolical. ╩Nor does it imbue anyone who wears it, with the power to do bad things. ╩Some of us like NU. Many people do not. ╩I think it's truly an androgynous fragrance. Perhaps the only one I've encountered. I'll have to check the Maxx, to restock. Scentiments is out of the EDP tester. Happy NU Year!

Good gracious, Serpy, I'm sorry to hear that Nu offends your sensibilities so much Wow.

I enjoyed the way Nu settled in with my chemistry, bringing forth a "new leather" scent that blossomed as the day grew on. It's all really relative I guess, just as Bobo blends in with some of our DNA's like a week old taco whereas on me it's all anise, incense, and sugar cookie. J'Adore and Pheromone drive painful spikes up my nose, so I can sympathize with your analysis of Nu.

Oh Serpent,
    you are going to scream...
    I always thought that Kingdom was Nu's little spicy brother. To me they are from the same family, as was the original Mania.

Hi, Cedric!

Oh, nooooo! I'm with you on the Mania part, but not Kingdom, please, no. Also, I think NU smells a little like another scent I've worn during the past year, called Zanzibar. Their descriptions on the tester bottle both say: fresh, spicy, woody.

Serpent

Tigrushka, my dear, were I a slightly richer man - no lie - that Nu set would be headed to you. (And if I land the fabulous new job for which I've just interviewed and it's still there, it just might!) Just because it pains me doesn't mean it shouldn't make someone out there (preferrably as faraway as Scandinavia ;D ) happy.

I'm surprised to read leather connected to Nu. I get no leather whatsoever from Nu. Like Eau des Merveilles, Nu works like an upside-down scent on me, with the more pungent, volatile notes - the more floral-citrus notes - remaining on my skin while the woody, spicy notes burn off early. (This is the eau de parfum of which I speak; I've never tried the eau de toilette on my skin.) Nu progresses from a sort of inedible, conceptual art gingerbread to neon, radioactive lemon gasoline, all with a sort of hyperkinetic quality. The idea of film noir fits Nu, but it's not classic noir. Nu smells like Blade Runner to me.

Well,

I just got this (EdP) and I'm digging it!

I tested a bit on my finger at Marshalls, but walked out without buying anything. About ten minutes later, I wished I had gotten it, and when I was at Maxx, I saw the set for under $20. So I grabbed it.

Upon first spray it goes on like a combo of M7 and Piper Nigrum, with a kind of "eggnog/nutmeg" thing. Then it does keep getting sharper, and there is an orchid/jasmine note in there. Also, I DO see the "new boots" thing! It does end up being quite arid, and I can see why some dislike its sharpness. However, "sharp" scents usually get the most compliments for me.

The one thing about it that unsettles me a bit, among many things I like about it, .... does it NOT resemble Eau D'Hermes, a tad?

Nu seems to have ALOT of cumin, which people say smells like BO. I'm a bit lost on this, cause my pits never smell like taco seasoning, but I digress.

Do any of you find Nu EdP to resemble Eau D'Hermes or Kingdom?

Hi Indie,

GOD FORBID. No, I do not smell Kingdom in Nu, nor do I sense anything of the odd smelling Eau d'Hermes. Nu does remind me of another scent I'm wearing lately, called Zanzibar. Both say fresh, spicy, woody on their tester bottles. Nu, however, contains florals that Zanzibar lacks. Anyway, if Nu resembled Kingdom, I cannot believe that Serpent wouldn't have picked up on that by now . . . although Cedric suggested the same thing. Kingdom. I certainly hope not. BTW: I'm on my way to a Xmas party . . . I am wearing NU underneath a charcoal gray, cashmere shirt. The attire is 'dressy casual;' this means the sweater brigade. I intend to stand out! One final thought: remember what NU means: naked. As in Naked body. :-)

ň╩Hi Indie,

GOD FORBID. ň╩No, I do not smell Kingdom in Nu, nor do I sense anything of the odd smelling Eau d'Hermes. ň╩Nu does remind me of another scent I'm wearing lately, called Zanzibar. ň╩Both say fresh, spicy, woody on their tester bottles. ň╩Nu, however, contains florals that Zanzibar lacks. ň╩Anyway, if Nu resembled Kingdom, I cannot believe that Serpent wouldn't have picked up on that by now . . . although Cedric suggested the same thing. ň╩Kingdom. ň╩I certainly hope not. ň╩BTW: ň╩I'm on my way to a Xmas party . . . I am wearing NU underneath a charcoal gray, cashmere shirt. ň╩The attire is 'dressy casual;' this means the sweater brigade. ň╩I intend to stand out! ň╩One final thought: ň╩remember what NU means: ň╩naked. ň╩As in Naked body. :-)
    Mgarisbn,

thanks for all the input on Nu. Your endorsement (along with others'), is what made me give it a shot.

have fun at your party.

Also, I wrote a long review of Nu on the Men's board. I would have posted it over here as well, but I don't know how to do it without retyping the whole thing...

I grabbed a box of the body creme at Maxx because it was such a good deal...and...I hate the stuff! Sorry, but it reminds me alot of Gucci Envy. (I'm sure Tigs will disagree since she also hates Envy..but that's what it did for me) Anyone wanting to swap me something for it is welcome to msg me about this new-in-box little number. Take it away...please!!!

Hi Indie,

I am back from tonight's soireÄ, and I'm sniffing the collar of my shirt. That seems to smell a little different than what's on my skin. What is left on my skin, is a woody incense smell, topped off by the wild orchid and possibly neroli. Personally, I am enjoying this fragrance very much. I think it smells mysterious and shimmery, and sexy. I don't get the body odor note. No-one has ever told me that NU smells like body odor. So, I'll hope for the best on that. I've got to tell you, Indie Guy . . . if there's one fragrance that has been through the mill and back, NU has to be it.

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by sharilstuff
    Take it away...please!!!
    Hey -- don't send it to me! I can't tolerate Nu at all and this thread made me almost go buy it again! ;D

Indie Guy, I don't find Nu to be remotely like Kingdom. Now, Kingdom and I have some problems, that's for sure, but I can actually wear Kingdom, whereas Nu is... unwearable.

The No-Nus Is Good-Nus Club is meeting two doors down... where we're NOT wearing Nu! Come join us! ;D

Kingdom smell-a-like?! Envy smell-a-like??!!

NO WAY!!!

But that Bandit slogan "not for every woman, but perfect for a certain woman" is obviously most appropriate for Nu, too. ;D