Code of Conduct

Default Hello, thank you, and a question ...

Hello to all the lovely-smelling people on this board!

I've been lurking here for what feels like forever, and enjoyed so many of your posts. Some of the scent descriptions you provide are pure poetry. Since finding out Basenotes I've been splashing out on perfumes with no guilty conscience (mmmh, ok, with *less* of a guilty conscience) knowing that I wasn't the only one out there who thought that a Serge Lutens is worth so much more than the equivalent of a few meals.

So, a HUGE thank you to you all. May I also bother you with a question? I'm now completely penniless, after a Xmas perfume orgy, but still feel like I *need* (that magic word) just one more perfume to finish off 2004 nicely. My choices are between Fumerie Turque, Cabochard and Habanita. Any views on what you prefer? PS The headier the better.
    Thanks a million!

Default Re: Hello, thank you, and a question ...

Of the three I would Habanita,it is my favourite of them. Powdery but with leather very long lasting on the skin,even edt. Very sexy and sensual. I always get raspberries in the top notes not too fruity just a hint.

A description from the Perfume Guide by Susan Irvine.

Corrupt,sweet flesh of a sinner. This forgotten masterpiece makes many orientals of recent years seem like vulgar upstarts........Like silk underwear under a fur coat. For latter-day grandes horizontales.

Now tell me you can resist it!
    DONNA

Nope, can't resist it at all - not after your description ...

Do you know if the EdT is considerably different from the EdP (assuming there is one)?

Ladylonestar

Welcome to Basenotes, Incenso! I haven't sampled Fumerie Turque yet, but love Cabochard and Habanita -- both beautiful fragrances IMHO... and they won't break the bank!

Quote Originally Posted by incenso
    Nope, can't resist it at all - not after your description ...

Do you know if the EdT is considerably different from the EdP (assuming there is one)?
    Wow! That description is irresistable. Habanita is my favorite, also, and I had to look long and hard for the EdP, which I finally found on one of the discounted sites because it had no top (considerably cheaper with no box or top but same great stuff!). Very rich and classy.

JAG ;D

Oh it has to be Habanita! I love that powderly, leathery gorgeous scent. No question, Habanita will finish off your year beautifully

Thanks folks! Habanita it is - might as well treat myself now given that from tomorrow my New Year resolution will kick in: no perfume at least until Easter. Well, let's just say I'm going to try ... ;D