Code of Conduct

Default SotD Thursday Dec 23rd

Fumerie Turque for me!

After the evening sauna will change into Angel which I shall wear tomorrow and the day after tomorrow, too. :-*

Season's Greeting, everyone!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darŁber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Thursday Dec 23rd

At work, Molinard hommeII (sample).
    Now,Anarchiste

Wow, five whole days off work to spend with my family. ;D ;D ;D I'll be wearing the kids' sentimental favorite - the classic, original Evyan version of White Shoulders parfum
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West

MJH

I'm wearing Guerlain Coriolan today.

Water of the Artisan for me Today. Getting a lot of lemon and mint. Stupendously nice.

John

Oooou, I feel like the ugly stepchild amongst all these exquisite scents, but received five oils from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab yesterday so I'm testing their effect.  Today is BORDELLO

Description:  A decadent, deep perfume, lusty and luxuriant. The scent evokes images of velvet-lined Old West cathouses, tightly laced corsets, rustling petticoats and coquettish snarls of pleasure. Bawdy plum with amaretto, burgundy wine and black currant.

Some of their scents are to die for while others smell like you did.  ;D

Happy Holidays!

Ladylonestar

Well, mercy, JAG! I think I've got to get me some of that thar Bordello! Wow. And you, Mark... don't even get me started on Coriolan. :-*

I wore Must de Cartier today. Will be wearing Messe de Minuit later this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylonestar
    Well, mercy, JAG!  I think I've got to get me some of that thar Bordello!  Wow.
    Bordello's very nice; dries in soft and sweet. I look at these more as fun scents and ones you have to give a good 30 minutes to form a true opinion because the change can be drastic in either direction. Snake Oil (there goes that name thing again) is one of their most popular and is a very good unisex scent, especially mixed with winter sweaters. I got a sample of Laudanum, which is very dry and not a beautiful scent but I can't stop sniffing it.

Laudanum is from the "Sin and Salvation" group. "The essence of the most debauched hunger encapsulated into a perfume. Desire beyond love, anguish beyond sanity. Nutmeg, sassafras, black poppy and myrrh." (Traditionally masculine) - Masculine it is for sure.

Their descriptions are imposing and create voluptuous yet unspeakable visions whirling through your mind.

Black Phoenix has a huge following; I am totaly naive as to the theme of their site. Astrology, witchcraft?? Extremely diverse scents that are interesting and fun with samples being an ABSOLUTE necessity!

JAG

MJH

Quote Originally Posted by JAG
    Oooou, I feel like the ugly stepchild amongst all these exquisite scents, but received five oils from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab yesterday so I'm testing their effect.
    JAG,
    If you don't mind me asking, about how long did they take to arrive? I'm one of those old-fashioned people who grew up with the standard "four to six weeks" for mail-order, but I've gotten spoiled over the last few years by on-line shopping. I've heard many complaints from prospective BPAL customers waiting months for their orders to arrive, so that's stifled my interest (so far) in ordering samples.

Some of their scents are to die for while others smell like you did. ;D

Loved it! (But don't know how I'd react to wearing one of their.....stinkier...creations).

Black Phoenix has a huge following; I am totaly naive as to the theme of their site. Astrology, witchcraft?? Extremely diverse scents that are interesting and fun with samples being an ABSOLUTE necessity!
    I'm not really put off or scandalized by Goya or Beardsley reproductions, and their fragrances' names are certainly fun and creative. I'll admit I've been a bit dubious, though, about the output of any company that's been able to produce so many hundreds of different scents within such a short history.